DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Good Evening,

I'm scratching my head as to what I can do to fix my predicament, the issue being despite trying different paths I cannot get Waterfalls and Windmills to animate from afar what log or detail do you require from me to help narrow this issue down?

That's is not a very specific description of anything really. No idea what paths for what you are talking about. If there is an error message, reproduce it here. If it happens while generating LOD, post the entire DynDOLOD log.

Install DynDOLOD and requirement, generate the LOD mod with dynamic LOD enabled, install its output according to the instructions. 

Edited by sheson

For some reason, after updating my standalone install to 2.71 whenever I now try to run TexGen or DynDOLOD through MO2 I am getting a warning popup:

pbJ63i5.png

These are my settings, which have not changed since I last ran:

JxJHKD6.png

nv3jTvy.png

I have not renamed the executables.  I deleted the previous installed files completely and then unpacked 2.71 into the same directory, so no leftovers.

Any idea how I can fix it?

Edited by dunc001

Hi, I located some documentation that stated SWIFT was supported by dyndolod...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17905

But DynDoLod didn't seem to generate LOD's for them... they just materialize out of thin air as you approach them from a distance. at least that was the case for me!

Edited by Soulmancer

Hi, I located some documentation that stated SWIFT was supported by dyndolod...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17905

But DynDoLod didn't seem to generate LOD's for them... they just materialize out of thin air as you approach them from a distance. at least that was the case for me!

I really on test and document mods for Skyrim while Skyrim Special Edition has large reference bugs.

I suppose SWIFT is a straight conversion, so copy ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\rules\DynDOLOD_TES5_wayshrinesiftesp.ini to ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\rules\DynDOLOD_SSE_wayshrinesiftesp.ini

Then when you click Low, Medium or High you should see a line about a rule being loaded for the plugin. So generating LOD with the rule included should add LOD for the Shrines that raise out of the ground.

Hi,

After installing DyndoLOD, the sky seems messed up. Only half of it is visible. Unchecking the esp doesn't rectify it, but unchecking the DyndoLOD folder in MO does. (Obviously, Dyndolod doesn't work then.) Here are screenshots:

34YGGyv

HpN257z

Links, in case the pics don't show up:

https://ibb.co/34YGGyv

https://ibb.co/HpN257z

Looks like broken meshes.

See if hiding jhust the meshes folder in output makes the problem go away.

If it does, then test if generating static object LOD again fixes it.

Set Export=1 in ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

After starting DynDOLOD, change the worldspace to Tamriel, so that the Execute LODGen.exe button becomes available, the click it.

Afterwards install output as usual overwriting the existing output.

If it is the meshes, but the new generation as the same problem, then a source LOD model is borked.

Then you should try to narrow it down to a single *.bto file in meshes\terrain\tamriel\objects\*.bto 

Just remove half the files, test if problem is gone. If it is, put files back, remove other half. Repeat until one file is left.

If it is not something in meshes, then test if turning DynDOLOD off in its SkyUI MCM changes anything.

Let me know the results.

I renamed DynDOLOD_TES5_wayshrinesiftesp.ini to DynDOLOD_SSE_wayshrinesiftesp.ini; then started dyndolod and when through the dyndolod generation process; didn't seem to make any difference though sadly :( 

The name of the ESP in SSE though is WayshrinesIFT.esp; there is also a wyrmstooth and bruma patch for it.  does that make a difference?

I really on test and document mods for Skyrim while Skyrim Special Edition has large reference bugs.

I suppose SWIFT is a straight conversion, so copy ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\rules\DynDOLOD_TES5_wayshrinesiftesp.ini to ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\rules\DynDOLOD_SSE_wayshrinesiftesp.ini

Then when you click Low, Medium or High you should see a line about a rule being loaded for the plugin. So generating LOD with the rule included should add LOD for the Shrines that raise out of the ground.

Edited by Soulmancer

I renamed DynDOLOD_TES5_wayshrinesiftesp.ini to DynDOLOD_SSE_wayshrinesiftesp.ini; then started dyndolod and when through the dyndolod generation process; didn't seem to make any difference though sadly :( 

The name of the ESP in SSE though is WayshrinesIFT.esp; there is also a wyrmstooth and bruma patch for it.  does that make a difference?

So the plugin filename did not change. The included manual DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html explains the rules files.

The patches are irrelevant.

Ok, I'll have a look at the rule manual; at any rate re-naming it to the SSE didn't have an impact.  the shrine still materializes out of the thin air when you approach... I did rename though and not copy as you said so the original TES5 file is gone... that's no issue though if I'm using SSE is it?

Ok, I'll have a look at the rule manual; at any rate re-naming it to the SSE didn't have an impact.  the shrine still materializes out of the thin air when you approach... I did rename though and not copy as you said so the original TES5 file is gone... that's no issue though if I'm using SSE is it?

When generating LOD for Skyrim, the TES5 files are used. When generating LOD for Special Edition the SSE files are used.

As I said, check the log shows loading a rule for the plugin when clicking low, medium, high. Then generate LOD as usual.

When generating LOD for Skyrim, the TES5 files are used. When generating LOD for Special Edition the SSE files are used.

As I said, check the log shows loading a rule for the plugin when clicking low, medium, high. Then generate LOD as usual.

Clicking on the "medium" just seems to start the entire DynDoLod generation process automatically; I do see the log in the background but a lot is going on in a hurry. ... do I need to something in the advanced tab?   

Clicking on the "medium" just seems to start the entire DynDoLod generation process automatically; I do see the log in the background but a lot is going on in a hurry. ... do I need to something in the advanced tab?   

The log is saved to the DynDOLOD log folder when the program is closed.

You can also "check the log" after it completes and then scroll the window back upwards.

Edited by sheson