DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

You probably using TreeFullFallBack=0 too?

Set TreeFullFallBack=1 for now.

I might have an update to LODGen.exe with-in the next couple days / a week with should work better with full models.

It happens with it turned on and off and with or without custom rules. Its a little weird, but so far i didnt get a ctd so i just assume theres actually no gamebreaking consequence from this behavior. I just noticed, that lodgen really takes alot of ram. It actually uses 29-30 gigs of my 32 and sometime the explorer crashes cause it runs out of memory when a background task starts to consume more memory. But that doesnt happen so often.

I think i was able to solve my issue by uninstalling enhanced landscapes (used the main plugin and the solstheim trees, nothing else). I replaced it with skyrim 3d landscapes and created 3d lods with TreeFullFallBack=0. It took its time, but it worked flawlessly and the the meshes work just fine ingame. I liked the accents enhanced landscapes placed on the map, but skyrim 3d landscapes got fantastic looking trees. I installed the enhanced landscapes solstheim plugin seperately, since it doesnt need a plugin. Right now its working as intended :)

I think i was able to solve my issue by uninstalling enhanced landscapes (used the main plugin and the solstheim trees, nothing else). I replaced it with skyrim 3d landscapes and created 3d lods with TreeFullFallBack=0. It took its time, but it worked flawlessly and the the meshes work just fine ingame. I liked the accents enhanced landscapes placed on the map, but skyrim 3d landscapes got fantastic looking trees. I installed the enhanced landscapes solstheim plugin seperately, since it doesnt need a plugin. Right now its working as intended :)

If you have the time and stuff, I'd like you to test with this version https://mega.nz/#!JF4FBYAI!lwKmQDgfDE9T4cD0cuGfxp9AuhJXfjuGtGAhW8owUN0

Just replace the files in "Edit Scripts" see how it goes.

There seems to be some issues with the generated object lods. Here are the object lod meshes for fort greymoor: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/crzhb3ck9th781k,9hi1ykxpcr9y5s4,et00gczzxljqb5m/shared

A wallchunk thats connecting one of the towers is missing in all lod levels. I noticed this problem for other fort-objects too. Maybe this happens to other objects too. I hope the link works.

There seems to be some issues with the generated object lods. Here are the object lod meshes for fort greymoor: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/crzhb3ck9th781k,9hi1ykxpcr9y5s4,et00gczzxljqb5m/shared

A wallchunk thats connecting one of the towers is missing in all lod levels. I noticed this problem for other fort-objects too. Maybe this happens to other objects too. I hope the link works.

Huh that's actually caused by wrong LOD meshes in DynDOLOD Resources. They have been hiding there for a while. Will be fixed next version. You could just delete 

impextbldgsecondstraight01_lod.nif and impextbldgsecondstraight01_lod_3.nif for now. It will fall onto the right ones.

Huh that's actually caused by wrong LOD meshes in DynDOLOD Resources. They have been hiding there for a while. Will be fixed next version. You could just delete 

impextbldgsecondstraight01_lod.nif and impextbldgsecondstraight01_lod_3.nif for now. It will fall onto the right ones.

Oh, ok. Deleted them and generating new lod now. I noticed, that some of the hybrid tree lod meshes got texture strings like "skyrimhd\build\pc\data\textures\landscape\trees\TundraDriftWoodBranches01.dds". Is this actually a problem or does the game recognize them anyway? I feel like it works.

Edited by Tacocat

Oh, ok. Deleted them and generating new lod now. I noticed, that some of the hybrid tree lod meshes got texture strings like "skyrimhd\build\pc\data\textures\landscape\trees\TundraDriftWoodBranches01.dds". Is this actually a problem or does the game recognize them anyway? I feel like it works.

What's the tree mod they are from?

I believe the game is smart enough to truncate anything before data/texture

Edited by sheson

Those are the strings from the dyndolod resources files.

Oh right, the updated 3D hybrids that have the exact copy of the leafs from the full model. If they work, they work  :)

Edited by sheson

Oh right, the updated 3D hybrids that have the exact copy of the leafs from the full model. If they work, they work  :)

Alright. I noticed that, when i ran into trouble with tundradriftwood lod. Smim actually installs a modified mesh for this tree, including its own texture path. This way the full model didnt match the lod. But thats not a direct problem with dyndolod. After deleting those meshes, the forts are fixed. Didnt see any other issues and lodgen runs fast and without trouble :D

Alright. I noticed that, when i ran into trouble with tundradriftwood lod. Smim actually installs a modified mesh for this tree, including its own texture path. This way the full model didnt match the lod. But thats not a direct problem with dyndolod. After deleting those meshes, the forts are fixed. Didnt see any other issues and lodgen runs fast and without trouble :D

I will have to a look at the SMIM tree and add a hybrid for it. It probably fix that UV issue of the vanilla full model. There is a stretched texture on the trunk.