DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Hello, DynDOLOD SE community.

I've been trying to get DynDOLOD to work on SSE for a while now, and I keep coming to the same frustrating problem when I run the program. Leading up to it, I disabled all my mods, installed TexGen, ran it, archived the output and installed it into MO2, re-enabled Skyrim Flora Overhaul, Realistic Aspen Trees, Indistinguishable Billboards and HD Lods Textures, then ran DynDOLOD on a medium preset for all the vanilla SSE worlds.

It runs pretty much fine for a few minutes, and I haven't been able to notice any errors, but when it reaches "Preparing Texture Data", it just closes of its own accord, and the output file only has very limited Meshes and Texture folders, no SKSE folder or .esp. I make sure to close every other program to conserve memory, and the atlas size is only 256.

Any thoughts?

Hello, DynDOLOD SE community.

I've been trying to get DynDOLOD to work on SSE for a while now, and I keep coming to the same frustrating problem when I run the program. Leading up to it, I disabled all my mods, installed TexGen, ran it, archived the output and installed it into MO2, re-enabled Skyrim Flora Overhaul, Realistic Aspen Trees, Indistinguishable Billboards and HD Lods Textures, then ran DynDOLOD on a medium preset for all the vanilla SSE worlds.

It runs pretty much fine for a few minutes, and I haven't been able to notice any errors, but when it reaches "Preparing Texture Data", it just closes of its own accord, and the output file only has very limited Meshes and Texture folders, no SKSE folder or .esp. I make sure to close every other program to conserve memory, and the atlas size is only 256.

Any thoughts?

Not sure why you are disabling mods. There is no such instruction in the TexGen manual. It will end up using the wrong source texture to generate the single object LOD textures.

See if there is a DynDOLOD_SEE_log.txt file in the log folder and check its last lines for useful messages/hints.

I was disabling mods because I first tried it on my whole load order, which totals over 600 mods, but it threw up a bunch of missing meshes for some of my New Lands mods, especially Bruma, so I only used my Flora mods. I made sure to delete whatever textures had been generated and start fresh every time.

As for the log, I had the same thought. There isn't one, sadly.

I've tried removing DynDOLOD and going from the very beginning twice now, and it always reaches the same problem, without ever generating a log. The process doesn't ever finish; it just closes without any error messages or windows.

Edited by DrVibble

I was disabling mods because I first tried it on my whole load order, which totals over 600 mods, but it threw up a bunch of missing meshes for some of my New Lands mods, especially Bruma, so I only used my Flora mods. I made sure to delete whatever textures had been generated and start fresh every time.

As for the log, I had the same thought. There isn't one, sadly.

I've tried removing DynDOLOD and going from the very beginning twice now, and it always reaches the same problem, without ever generating a log. The process doesn't ever finish; it just closes without any error messages or windows.

In case of Bruma missing meshes are expected, since the that mod ships is a cut version.

Warnings and errors about missing meshes are printed to fix the issues. Disabling mods to not see messages is typically not a valid course of action.

Get the latest version 2.72, it should not just close and instead stop with the exception message again as its supposed to. Follow the instructions from the message.

Edited by sheson

When I set TreeLod=0 in the config file, my system runs out of RAM during the LodGen process. (I have 12 GB of RAM.) My intention was to get the hybrid models from EVT for as far as possible. I did not enable the TreeFullFallBack option. Most likely, I am misunderstanding the tree LOD creation process. I did RTFM, but some of the stuff is beyond my comprehension. Anyway, I'm not sure if it's a bug that the process is consuming all the available RAM and crashing, or I'm using improper settings, so I thought I'd report it here anyway. Without changing that option, everything works fine. The trees in the distance have 2d LODs, that's all.

A noobish question: Should I increase the default values of tile size in texgen and DyndoLOD? I have 4GB of VRAM, and play at 1080p. Would there be a noticeable improvement in quality, or would it simply consume more VRAM for little benefit?

TIA.

When I set TreeLod=0 in the config file, my system runs out of RAM during the LodGen process. (I have 12 GB of RAM.) My intention was to get the hybrid models from EVT for as far as possible. I did not enable the TreeFullFallBack option. Most likely, I am misunderstanding the tree LOD creation process. I did RTFM, but some of the stuff is beyond my comprehension. Anyway, I'm not sure if it's a bug that the process is consuming all the available RAM and crashing, or I'm using improper settings, so I thought I'd report it here anyway. Without changing that option, everything works fine. The trees in the distance have 2d LODs, that's all.

A noobish question: Should I increase the default values of tile size in texgen and DyndoLOD? I have 4GB of VRAM, and play at 1080p. Would there be a noticeable improvement in quality, or would it simply consume more VRAM for little benefit?

TIA.

Use the x64 version obviously, as Windows artificially limits max system memory to about 3.1GB for x86 applications.

If you already use the x64 version, make sure to use the latest version. Reduce settings. Don't use 3D tree LOD models in LOD level 8/16.

Only you can answer the question about texture sizes by testing yourself for your load order, hardware and personal preference. The TexGen manual explains how to update textures and texture atlases without running the entire process again, so testing is a matter of a couple minutes.

Use the x64 version obviously, as Windows artificially limits max system memory to about 3.1GB for x86 applications.

If you already use the x64 version, make sure to use the latest version. Reduce settings. Don't use 3D tree LOD models in LOD level 8/16.

I'm using the x64 version. The Windows task manager shows that once lodgen is started, it keeps using more and more RAM until it reaches around 10 GB, at which point it crashes. I haven't changed any default setting, except the treeLod one. But I am using "high" settings in the main window. Should that process really consume so much RAM? As mentioned earlier, if I don't change the treelod=1 setting, it uses only upto around 6 GB of RAM, and so completes succesfully. I just don't know if it's normal behavior.

I'm using the x64 version. The Windows task manager shows that once lodgen is started, it keeps using more and more RAM until it reaches around 10 GB, at which point it crashes. I haven't changed any default setting, except the treeLod one. But I am using "high" settings in the main window. Should that process really consume so much RAM? As mentioned earlier, if I don't change the treelod=1 setting, it uses only upto around 6 GB of RAM, and so completes succesfully. I just don't know if it's normal behavior.

Something seems to be going very wrong. Not quite sure yet how best to troubleshoot.

Everything works fine with TreeLOD=1 and High?

Post which version of EVT you are using and the exact install options.

Edited by sheson

After several hours of testing, every thing works perfectly fine for me after installing dyndolod se, except for one strange occurrence, I am getting invisible bonfires at every giant's camp. i can actually see them just fine at a distance, but as soon as i get close enough for the game to render the actual full 3d model of the bonfire, it just... disappears, leaving nothing but a circle of empty grass where the bonfire is supposed to be. I noticed though, if i completely exit the game and reload a save in front of a bonfire, it reappears, but if i leave the area and then come back, it's invisible again...

here's my modlist:

-DynDOLOD Output
+DynDOLOD Resources SE
+Enhanced Vanilla Trees
+XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended
+RUSTIC WINDOWS - Special Edition - 2K
+Ordinator Beyond Skryim Bruma Patch
+ElSopa 4K Campfire
+JK's Skyrim - Realistic Water Two Patch
+QUASIPC - Qwinn's Unified Automated Self Installing Patch Compendium
+RS Children Patch Compendium
+RS Children Cutting Room Floor Patch
+Bruma and Other Patches for Convenient Horses
+Skyrim Alchemy and Food Overhaul
+Realistic Needs and Diseases 2.0
+Hunterborn
+Immersive Campfire Fix (simple lighting edit)
+Embers HD
+4. Ultimate HD Fire Effects SSE - Candle Flames
+1. Ultimate HD Fire Effects SSE - Ultra Version
+High poly campfires
+Guards Armor Replacer
+Guard Dialogue Overhaul SE
+FileAccess Interface for Skyrim SE Scripts - FISSES
+Skyrim Alchemy and Food Overhaul (SAFO) - Assets
+Font Overhaul
+Bathing in Skyrim
+Loot and Degradation SE
+People Are Strangers
+InstantMining SSE
+Wet and Cold
+Heljarchen Halls Exterior Upgrades 1.5Ha
+Riverwood Keep SE
+Summermyst
+Skyfall Estate - Buildable Edition (SE)
+Lakeview Manor Exterior Upgrades 1.5LV
+Settlements Expanded SE - Blackthorn Patch
+Blackthorn - A Buildable Town in The Rift (SE)
+Ayleid Palace v1.2
+Settlements Expanded SE - Lanterns of Skyrim Patch
+Settlements Expanded SE - RS Children Overhaul Patch
+Settlements Expanded SE
+Relic Hunter for SSE
+SE SG Brows
+A Smile HD by MARI SE - 1.3
+The Eyes of Beauty - NPC
+The Eyes Of Beauty - Player
+Missives 2.03 SSE
+Timing is Everything SE - FISS version
+VIGILANT Voiced - English Addon SE
+Vigilant SE
+sexy idle Animation - Skyrim Special Edition
+VMHD - All Races - 4K
+Bijin Skin - CBBE
+Total Character Makeover - MALE ONLY
+Touched by Dibella
+360 Walk and Run Plus
+BodySlide and Outfit Studio - v4.7.4
+fnis output
+FNIS Behavior SE
+Training Dummies 4k Texture Replacer
+Legacy of the Dragonborn Light Plugins
+Legacy of the Dragonborn Update
+Legacy of the Dragonborn SSE
+The Scarlett - A Buildable Ship (SE)
+Amazing Follower Tweaks
+Windstad Upgrades
+Windstad Mine - Skyrim Special Edition
+Dragonfall Castle
+Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions and Custom Home Support SE
+blackjack thief weapon
+True Master Trainers (Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch)
+Unlimited Training
+Verdant 1.6.1 SSE Edition
+Buy and Sell Torches
+Eli's Breezehome Overhaul BETA 1.6
+JK's Skyrim No Lights Patch
+JK's Skyrim all in one
+Jobs of Skyrim v102b
+Skyrim 3D Landscapes Groundcovers 4k
+4K Diffuse 2K Normalmap Landscape FIXED
+4K Diffuse 2K1K Normalmap - Markarth fixed pls DELETE OLD VERSION
+4K Diffuse 2K Normalmap - Solitude
+4K Diffuse 2K Normalmap - Roads 1.1
+4K Diffuse 2K Normalmap - Riften
+4K Diffuse 2K Normalmap - Windhelm
+4K Diffuse 2K Normalmap - Mines
+4K Diffuse 2K Normalmap - High Hrothgar
+4K diffuse 2K Normalmap - Farmhouse
+4K Diffuse 2K Normalmap - Bridges
+4K Diffuse 2K Normal map - Whiterun
+4K Diffuse 2K Normalmap Mountains
+A. NSM - FULL PACK v.5.3.0 2K - For Skyrim Special Edition
+SSE Texture Pack 1.3
+YALO Alpha 4k SE
+EEKS Renthal Flora Collection Update v1 - v1.2
+EEKs Renthal Flora Collection
+Static Mesh Improvement Mod
+Patch - True Storms 1.02
+True Storms Special Edition v1.01
+Obsidian Weathers - 1.07
+Trees in Cities - Special Edition
+LH's HD Torch remaster 4K Alternative New
+Civil War Overhaul Reborn
+Accessible Merchant Storage v1 4 All Merged
+Beyond Skyrim DLC Integration Patch
+Beyond Skyrim Bruma SE 1.3.3
+LC BuildYourNobleHouse1
+Halls of Dovahndor SSE 0.07
+Caranthir Tower Reborn 3.2 SE
+HoneysideTNFGoatk
+Hjerim TNF SSE
+Vlindrel Hall TNF- SSE Port
+Proudspire Manor TNF SE USSEP
+Project AHO (EN)
+Helgen Reborn SSE Version 106 With bsa file
+Alternate Start Addon
+Add Perk Points
+no interior fog ussep
+Populated Cities Towns Villages Legendary 4
+Ordinator 6SSE
+Rich Skyrim Merchants
+Campfire 1.12 and Frostfall 3.4.1SE
+Campfire 1.12.1SEVR Release
+Frostfall 3.4.1 SE Release
+Order My Items Special Edition
+KS Hairdos SSE
+Superior Lore-Friendly Hair HD 2K
+Zim's Immersive Artifacts V1.4
+Unique Uniques SE
+The Paarthurnax Dilemma
+SSIRT v4.1
+Sparkles
+SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators 1 61 NOSM (No SurvivalMode) Reupload
+RUSTIC CLOTHING - Special Edition - 2K
+Run For Your Lives
+Ruins Clutter Improved SE v3
+RUGNAROK - Special Edition - 2K
+RSC - CRF Patch
+RS Children Overhaul
+RealisticWaterTwo LOD Fix
+RealisticWaterTwo - Verdant Patch by Olejkaaa
+Realistic Water Two
+PELTAPALOOZA Special Edition - FULL
+No More Standing Too Close SSE
+Moonlight Tales SE
+Lore-Based Loading Screens 1.2
+Loading Screen Smoke Removed v1.0
+LeanWolfs Better-Shaped Weapons-Arrow Update
+LeanWolfs Better-Shaped Weapons Standard SE
+Lanterns of Skyrim SE
+Improved Roads V1
+Immersive Armors 8.1 SSE Test
+High Quality Food and Ingredients SE
+Frozen Electrocuted Combustion - Realistic Edition - 1.8
+Footprints 1.5.3
+Fixed body collision
+Fast Travel Speed Multiplier v1.0
+Enhanced Blood Textures
+Diverse Dragons Collection SE
+Convenient Horses
+Cloaks of Skyrim SSE
+Celtic Music In Skyrim SE - Dungeon
+Celtic Music In Skyrim SE - Combat
+Celtic Music In Skyrim SE
+BFWF - Settlements Expanded Patch USSEP TEST VERSION
+BFWF - Cutting Room Floor Patch
+Blacksmith Forge Water Fix SE v1
+Better Vampires 8.1 SE
+Better Dynamic Snow
+BellyAches HD Dragon Replacer 1.4
+Bellyaches Animal and Creature Pack
+BarenziahQuestMarkers SSE
+Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2
+Animated Clutter
+Cutting Room Floor
+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Armors
+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Weapons
+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Unique Items
+aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Dragonborn DLC
+aMidianBorn Blades Armor SSE Patch
+aMidianBorn - Content Addon
+A Quality World Map - Clear Map Skies
+9.0.1 A Quality World Map - Vivid with Flat Roads
+Alternate Start -- New Beginnings
+creation club
+Alternate Start - Live Another Life
+RaceMenu Special Edition
+SKSE
+SkyUI 5 2 SE
+Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
*DLC: Dawnguard
*DLC: Dragonborn
*DLC: HearthFires

After several hours of testing, every thing works perfectly fine for me after installing dyndolod se, except for one strange occurrence, I am getting invisible bonfires at every giant's camp. i can actually see them just fine at a distance, but as soon as i get close enough for the game to render the actual full 3d model of the bonfire, it just... disappears, leaving nothing but a circle of empty grass where the bonfire is supposed to be. I noticed though, if i completely exit the game and reload a save in front of a bonfire, it reappears, but if i leave the area and then come back, it's invisible again...

here's my modlist:

By default DynDOLOD adds LOD and does not make any changes to the full models in the loaded cells.

Does the problem go away when you remove DynDOLOD from the load order?

Edited by sheson

yes

more specifically, the problem goes away when i disable dyndolod.esm and dyndolod.esp.

Test with a new game.

When the object actually loads, take note of its reference form id (open console, click the object).

Then load entire load order in xEdit. Enter the form id top left, hit Enter. List all plugins in the right window that modify it.

Then check its NAME - Base record (you can CTRL + left click on the entry in the plugin(s) column to get there.