DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

The log is saved to the DynDOLOD log folder when the program is closed.

You can also "check the log" after it completes and then scroll the window back upwards.

Hi, I'll give it a go this weekend, is there something specific I am looking for with regards to the rule for SWIFT? I did ask the author of SWIFT and he was also confused as to why the LOD's didn't generate during the process.

Thanks.

Hi, I'll give it a go this weekend, is there something specific I am looking for with regards to the rule for SWIFT? I did ask the author of SWIFT and he was also confused as to why the LOD's didn't generate during the process.

Thanks.

I coped the rules file from TES5 to SEE in the latest release.

When Dawnguard.esm is found the load order (so basically always for Special Edition) and Medium or High is clicked, then the log won't mention loading a rule for WayshrinesIFT.esp - since a rule for SeruinsWaygate01.nif is included in the medium/high settings already. It will only show loading a rule for WayshrinesIFT.esp  when clicking the Low preset.

Solitude windmill have dubble fan, one is part of swindmill.nif, other is from DynDoLOD

FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models 

A: If LOD was generated for a different load order generate LOD for the current load order.

A: Test with new game, wait in the exterior for the DynDOLOD initialized message before moving. If problem goes away, the updating of an existing save game with old DynDOLOD.esp went wrong. Follow instructions how to update save game with a new DynDOLOD.esp. RTFM, watch the video or check DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM. The clean save routine can also be redone with the same plugin to reset everything. 

A: If the load order had script lag and deactivating/activating from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM main page does not reset out of place objects, do the clean save routine where "old" and "new" plugin are the same. Consider generating less demanding dynamic LOD, see 'Performance' section in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html 

A: Some mods are made with disregard to generating LOD or require updated rules and configs for best compatibility. This is especially true with mods modifying the walled cities. Users are asked and welcome to provide feedback to https://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support in order to get everything working with as much compatibility as possible. Include a link to the mod and screenshots (with console / form id) about issues if possible. 

FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models 

A: If LOD was generated for a different load order generate LOD for the current load order.

A: Test with new game, wait in the exterior for the DynDOLOD initialized message before moving. If problem goes away, the updating of an existing save game with old DynDOLOD.esp went wrong. Follow instructions how to update save game with a new DynDOLOD.esp. RTFM, watch the video or check DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM. The clean save routine can also be redone with the same plugin to reset everything. 

A: If the load order had script lag and deactivating/activating from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM main page does not reset out of place objects, do the clean save routine where "old" and "new" plugin are the same. Consider generating less demanding dynamic LOD, see 'Performance' section in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html 

A: Some mods are made with disregard to generating LOD or require updated rules and configs for best compatibility. This is especially true with mods modifying the walled cities. Users are asked and welcome to provide feedback to https://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support in order to get everything working with as much compatibility as possible. Include a link to the mod and screenshots (with console / form id) about issues if possible. 

It's not a LOD, not modifed mesh. It's new game, DynDoLOD generated for curret load order (rules High) and sucsessfully initialized.

Edited by Oliver

It's not a LOD, not modifed mesh. It's new game, DynDoLOD generated for curret load order (rules High) and sucsessfully initialized.

So which plugin is the second windmill from? Which mod is the swindmill.nif from?

Edited by sheson

It's vanilla

Curious how you post all those screenshots but not the information I asked for:

The double rotor is placed by the vanilla reference 0007ADFD?

It uses the base record 00050C57 that defines the model swindmill.nif?

None of these record are overwritten by plugins?

The swindmill.nif is from Skyrim Meshes0.bsa

DynDOLOD.esp should be overwriting the base record 00050C57 and add alternate textures to replace the rotor textures with null textures to make it invisible.

Typically users use the unofficial patch, so I would have assumed SWindMill.nif to be from Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.bsa. Either way is fine.

Double check those things.

Curious how you post all those screenshots but not the information I asked for:

The double rotor is placed by the vanilla reference 0007ADFD?

It uses the base record 00050C57 that defines the model swindmill.nif?

None of these record are overwritten by plugins?

The swindmill.nif is from Skyrim Meshes0.bsa

DynDOLOD.esp should be overwriting the base record 00050C57 and add alternate textures to replace the rotor textures with null textures to make it invisible.

Typically users use the unofficial patch, so I would have assumed SWindMill.nif to be from Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.bsa. Either way is fine.

Double check those things.

Yes

ERF3RNwFOwE.jpgamjLwjFCAm0.jpg

Yes

swindmill.nif must be modified, because there should be 4 alternative textures (WM Rotator:0, WM Rotator:17, WM Rotator:1, WM Rotator:25) listed in DynDOLOD.esp and not just one.

Check with xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL+F3) which BSA supplies swindmlll.nif. The first one listed wins. If it is Data then it is a loose file. Then use MO right Data tab to find the mod supplying it.

Edited by sheson

swindmill.nif must be modified, because there should be 4 alternative textures (WM Rotator:0, WM Rotator:17, WM Rotator:1, WM Rotator:25) listed in DynDOLOD.esp and not just one.

Check with xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL+F3) which BSA supplies swindmlll.nif. The first one listed wins. If it is Data then it is a loose file. Then use MO right Data tab to find the mod supplying it.

At first sight vanilla mesh and from USSEP is identical, I havn't another mesh, not in BSA, not loose. I don't undestend trouble in mesh or in DynDoLOD.esp?

Edited by Oliver

At first sight vanilla mesh and from USSEP is identical, I havn't another mesh, not in BSA, not loose. I don't undestend trouble in mesh or in DynDoLOD.esp?

Either one will work. Check the log for errors/warnings, though it's possible there aren't any about this particular NIF or any at all.

Something was wrong with the NIF when DynDOLOD was generated. The 3D Index of 98 doesn't really make much sense.

There should 4 entries with 3D Index 7, 8, 9, 10 for the vanilla NIF or 11, 12, 13, 14 for the NIF from the unofficial patch.

Try generating again from scratch.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1