DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

I have one more problem. I use ported version of Pure Waterfalls, in description for Oldrim autor say "Some minor flickering/clipping may appears but nothing important." and I have flickering some rocks near watelfalls (LOD/Full),  uLargeRefLODGridSize=11. If I generated objects by xLODgen flickering dissapear, but if generate dy DynDoLOD it's isn't dissapear.

I have one more problem. I use ported version of Pure Waterfalls, in description for Oldrim autor say "Some minor flickering/clipping may appears but nothing important." and I have flickering some rocks near watelfalls (LOD/Full),  uLargeRefLODGridSize=11. If I generated objects by xLODgen flickering dissapear, but if generate dy DynDoLOD it's isn't dissapear.

FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models 

A: Flickering textures (full and LOD model showing at the same time) in Skyrim Special Edition and Skyrim VR are caused by plugins triggering the large reference bugs as explained in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html. Verify if the problem goes away by setting uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in SkyrimPrefs.ini.

FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models 

A: Flickering textures (full and LOD model showing at the same time) in Skyrim Special Edition and Skyrim VR are caused by plugins triggering the large reference bugs as explained in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html. Verify if the problem goes away by setting uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in SkyrimPrefs.ini.

Yes, I read this. But why xLODgen solve the problem? DynDoLOD has Large Ref fix and based on xLODgen but can't resolve.

Yes, I read this. But why xLODgen solve the problem? DynDoLOD has Large Ref fix and based on xLODgen but can't resolve.

You have not provided any information about the issue, so nobody actually knows what it is that is flickering or why.

xLODGen does not do dynamic/animated LOD. xLODGen does not have thousands of new LOD models.

You have not provided any information about the issue, so nobody actually knows what it is that is flickering or why.

xLODGen does not do dynamic/animated LOD. xLODGen does not have thousands of new LOD models.

Also I use Majestic Mountain and Realistic Water Two

Pure Waterfalls

with xLODgen

rRe4BAfthoQ.jpg

with DynDoLOD

NZ8caSaiLJM.jpg

Edited by Oliver

If the large reference bugs are the cause, check the log for the list of plugins/references causing them. Either leave large references turned off or remove the overwrites from the plugins or convert the plugins to ESMs.

Btw is there a criteria/guideline for what should remain enabled, or be disabled after dyndolod and xlodgen is ran?  There seem to be some inconsistencies as I have quite a few mods that seem to be dedicated to LODs.

HD Lod Textures

SSE Terrain Gen

DynDoLod Resources

Majestic Mountain LODs

LODGen Textures for Cathedral Landscapes

Bruma Tree Billboards

Which should I/can I disable after Terrain, Objects, Trees or Occulsion is completed?

Thanks

Btw is there a criteria/guideline for what should remain enabled, or be disabled after dyndolod and xlodgen is ran?  There seem to be some inconsistencies as I have quite a few mods that seem to be dedicated to LODs.

Nothing should be disabled. Previously made / 3rd party LODs should be overwritten. If there are inconsistencies in the included instructions let me know. Keep in mind that the instructions do not list the millions of things that should not be done.

"Resource textures for advanced modders who wish to generate their own terrain LOD using xLODGen. Use with MO2, selectively enable overwriting main Cathedral Landscape textures *only* while generating terrain LOD. Disable these textures before playing."

I am more confused now. What issues can arise from leaving something enabled, or disabled once DynDoLoD and xlodgen ouputs have been generated and enabled with priority overwrite.

Edited by Soulmancer

"Resource textures for advanced modders who wish to generate their own terrain LOD using xLODGen. Use with MO2, selectively enable overwriting main Cathedral Landscape textures *only* while generating terrain LOD. Disable these textures before playing."

I am more confused now

That is not from the official DynDOLOD or the xLODGen instructions.

If there are questions about third party mods/instructions which are not part of the official DynDOLOD/xLODGen docs, you need to ask their author. 

The answer seems obvious: Cathedral Landscapes has specially prepared landscape textures with baked-in grass for terrain LOD generation only. It is mentioned in its description.

If the large reference bugs are the cause, check the log for the list of plugins/references causing them. Either leave large references turned off or remove the overwrites from the plugins or convert the plugins to ESMs.

uLargeRefLODGridSize=11 look better

FaDSW6_KFnA.jpg

=5

tbzgeCkzsGQ.jpg

Last log:

[00:05:15.963] Checking for plugins causing texture z-fighting flicker because of large references bugs.
[00:05:15.989] No large reference is overwritten by an esp.

I repeat my question

Why xLODgen solve the problem? DynDoLOD has Large Ref fix and based on xLODgen but can't resolve.

Rocks are flickering, it's staic object. Why I have different result?

Edited by Oliver

I repeat my question

Rocks are flickering, it's staic object.

Verify if the problem goes away by setting uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in SkyrimPrefs.ini.

Without an answer to the first troubleshoot step it makes no sense to check anything else.

Why I have different result?

Already asked and already answered: xLODGen does not do dynamic/animated LOD. xLODGen does not have thousands of new LOD models.

Verify if the problem goes away by setting uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in SkyrimPrefs.ini.

Without an answer to the first troubleshoot step it makes no sense to check anything else.

Already asked and already answered: xLODGen does not do dynamic/animated LOD. xLODGen does not have thousands of new LOD models.

uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 problem goes away, I think it's axiom and needn't check it. Yes it is.

I haven't flickering without tis mod.

PWwaterfall.zip

I haven't flickering without tis mod.

You need to do these workarounds to the plugin so that it does not trigger any of the large reference bugs:

Set the ESM flag by editing the flags on the File Header.

Find all overwritten references that set a smaller scale than the original record (no number in the field means 1.0).

Copy the record as new into PWwaterfall.esp so there is a new reference with the desired scale.

Change the overwrite of the original record to have the original scale again. Set the IsInitiallyDisabled flag, set XESP Enable Parent to Player (0x14) with Flag Opposite to parent. Set z to -30000. Those are the typical settings when undeleting UDRs.

You "only" need to do this for all overwritten references in a cell that has the flicker.

Next version of DynDOLOD will list the overwritten references causing large reference bugs in ESL plugins that do not have an ESM flag.

Edit: Next DynDOLOD version will do something so that large references with an overwritten smaller scale are taken care of automatically. Then just setting the ESM flag should be good enough for the majority of cases.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1