DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

LOD brigthness take effect only billboard trees, how I can change 3D LOD trees? I use last EVT SSE.

There is no need to change the brightness of the textures used by 3D tree LOD models as they typically use the same textures, normals and lighting settings as the full models for the leafs. They do not suffer from the lighting issues of flat billboards.

There is no need to change the brightness of the textures used by 3D tree LOD models as they typically use the same textures, normals and lighting settings as the full models for the leafs. They do not suffer from the lighting issues of flat billboards.

But 3D LOD trees haven't shadows, and  at clear day look brighter then real trees.

Edited by Oliver

But 3D LOD trees haven't shadows, and  at clear day look brighter then real trees.

It seems you have a problem with a 3rd party mod and its LOD assets. Maybe use a different mod or edit the LOD assets if they do no match your load order/settings.

By default shadows in the loaded cells are only applied to a certain distance that does not always reaches LOD, in that case the LOD would be too dark at times. ENB has a feature to add distant shadows.

Just to be clear, 3D tree LOD models are just object LOD models. There is currently no specific distinction that they are trees.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

If I am using EVT, do I still need to download any additional billboards to cover any dawnguard or dragonborn content?

A billboards is required for each tree that you want to have LOD.

The log shows for which tree a billboard was found and for which it wasn't. The answer if billboards are installed for all the desired trees and mods and if they match visually can only be answered by yourself really.

If you have questions about a third party mod you need to ask its author.

Edited by sheson

Thanks for the greatest mod :)

https://imgur.com/fXDOG4C

Can i get a solution of this problem?

I am using 'Majestic mountains' mod and my mountain lod looks strange after install Dyndolod.

There seems nothing "strange" in the screenshot.

It seems you are using a third part mod which ships with changed LOD models and textures. If you have questions about a third party mod check its description or ask its author.

Edited by sheson

Thanks for your reply.

https://imgur.com/Ls4lE4j

This is my another screenshot without Dyndolod mod.

How do you think that mountain lods?

DynDOLOD generates LOD based on the current plugin data with the LOD assets it finds in the load order.

Lets assume you are comparing pre-made LOD shipping with a third party mod to the LOD that you generated for your current load order.

If there are differences it means your load order is different. For example, you might not have additional LOD assets installed which are provided by the third party mod.

Read the description of the third party mod and install all of its requirements to properly generate LOD for it the same way the third party mod author did. If you have questions about a third party mods, ask its author.

Quick dumb question.  LOOT reshuffled my load order so that it doesn't match the order when DynDOLOD was generated.  I don't think that this should matter, but wanted to confirm.  Thanks.

There was no question and in reality nobody else but you can know if the changing the order has consequences or not.

The DynDOLOD LOD mod and plugins are laughably simple, some base records and references mostly self contained and some overwrites. It is possible that some of those intended overwrites are now loaded too early or actually reverting something because the source plugin or changed, which can result in unforeseen visual problems.

Edited by sheson