1722 replies to this topic

#1666 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 02:22 AM

After several hours of testing, every thing works perfectly fine for me after installing dyndolod se, except for one strange occurrence, I am getting invisible bonfires at every giant's camp. i can actually see them just fine at a distance, but as soon as i get close enough for the game to render the actual full 3d model of the bonfire, it just... disappears, leaving nothing but a circle of empty grass where the bonfire is supposed to be. I noticed though, if i completely exit the game and reload a save in front of a bonfire, it reappears, but if i leave the area and then come back, it's invisible again...

here's my modlist:

By default DynDOLOD adds LOD and does not make any changes to the full models in the loaded cells.

Does the problem go away when you remove DynDOLOD from the load order?

Edited by sheson, 16 September 2019 - 03:33 AM.

#1667 kakren2

kakren2

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:47 AM

yes

more specifically, the problem goes away when i disable dyndolod.esm and dyndolod.esp.

#1668 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:29 AM

yes

more specifically, the problem goes away when i disable dyndolod.esm and dyndolod.esp.

Test with a new game.

When the object actually loads, take note of its reference form id (open console, click the object).

Then load entire load order in xEdit. Enter the form id top left, hit Enter. List all plugins in the right window that modify it.

Then check its NAME - Base record (you can CTRL + left click on the entry in the plugin(s) column to get there.

#1669 kakren2

kakren2

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:40 AM

ok, thanks will do.

#1670 kakren2

kakren2

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 07:31 AM

ok, did everything you said and it's name-base record is GiantCampfire01Burning [MSTT:00051577] and it doesn't seem to be modified by anything...

#1671 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:44 AM

ok, did everything you said and it's name-base record is GiantCampfire01Burning [MSTT:00051577] and it doesn't seem to be modified by anything...

Check any the reference(s), the form id that places the fire in the world.

#1672 Soulmancer

Soulmancer

Prisoner

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:48 AM

The log is saved to the DynDOLOD log folder when the program is closed.

You can also "check the log" after it completes and then scroll the window back upwards.

Hi, I'll give it a go this weekend, is there something specific I am looking for with regards to the rule for SWIFT? I did ask the author of SWIFT and he was also confused as to why the LOD's didn't generate during the process.

Thanks.

#1673 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 11:16 AM

Hi, I'll give it a go this weekend, is there something specific I am looking for with regards to the rule for SWIFT? I did ask the author of SWIFT and he was also confused as to why the LOD's didn't generate during the process.

Thanks.

I coped the rules file from TES5 to SEE in the latest release.

When Dawnguard.esm is found the load order (so basically always for Special Edition) and Medium or High is clicked, then the log won't mention loading a rule for WayshrinesIFT.esp - since a rule for SeruinsWaygate01.nif is included in the medium/high settings already. It will only show loading a rule for WayshrinesIFT.esp  when clicking the Low preset.

#1674 Oliver

Oliver

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 10:52 AM

If I pack DynDOLOD Resource in BSA, it's work properly?

#1675 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:52 PM

If I pack DynDOLOD Resource in BSA, it's work properly?

As I said many times before, I do not support this. Only do this if you know what you are doing and why. Asking this question basically answers it itself.

#1676 Oliver

Oliver

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 03:05 PM

Solitude windmill have dubble fan, one is part of swindmill.nif, other is from DynDoLOD

uQHjNfOMR7I.jpg

Edited by Oliver, 24 September 2019 - 03:05 PM.

#1677 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:26 AM

Solitude windmill have dubble fan, one is part of swindmill.nif, other is from DynDoLOD

FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models 

A: If LOD was generated for a different load order generate LOD for the current load order.

A: Test with new game, wait in the exterior for the DynDOLOD initialized message before moving. If problem goes away, the updating of an existing save game with old DynDOLOD.esp went wrong. Follow instructions how to update save game with a new DynDOLOD.esp. RTFM, watch the video or check DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM. The clean save routine can also be redone with the same plugin to reset everything. 

A: If the load order had script lag and deactivating/activating from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM main page does not reset out of place objects, do the clean save routine where "old" and "new" plugin are the same. Consider generating less demanding dynamic LOD, see 'Performance' section in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html 

A: Some mods are made with disregard to generating LOD or require updated rules and configs for best compatibility. This is especially true with mods modifying the walled cities. Users are asked and welcome to provide feedback to https://forum.step-p...yndolod-support in order to get everything working with as much compatibility as possible. Include a link to the mod and screenshots (with console / form id) about issues if possible. 

#1678 Oliver

Oliver

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:33 AM

FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models 

A: If LOD was generated for a different load order generate LOD for the current load order.

A: Test with new game, wait in the exterior for the DynDOLOD initialized message before moving. If problem goes away, the updating of an existing save game with old DynDOLOD.esp went wrong. Follow instructions how to update save game with a new DynDOLOD.esp. RTFM, watch the video or check DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM. The clean save routine can also be redone with the same plugin to reset everything. 

A: If the load order had script lag and deactivating/activating from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM main page does not reset out of place objects, do the clean save routine where "old" and "new" plugin are the same. Consider generating less demanding dynamic LOD, see 'Performance' section in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html 

A: Some mods are made with disregard to generating LOD or require updated rules and configs for best compatibility. This is especially true with mods modifying the walled cities. Users are asked and welcome to provide feedback to https://forum.step-p...yndolod-support in order to get everything working with as much compatibility as possible. Include a link to the mod and screenshots (with console / form id) about issues if possible. 

It's not a LOD, not modifed mesh. It's new game, DynDoLOD generated for curret load order (rules High) and sucsessfully initialized.

Edited by Oliver, 25 September 2019 - 06:34 AM.

#1679 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:17 AM

It's not a LOD, not modifed mesh. It's new game, DynDoLOD generated for curret load order (rules High) and sucsessfully initialized.

So which plugin is the second windmill from? Which mod is the swindmill.nif from?

Edited by sheson, 25 September 2019 - 08:18 AM.

#1680 Oliver

Oliver

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:10 PM

Which mod is the swindmill.nif from?

It's vanilla

FlwyqmdhPwo.jpg

So which plugin is the second windmill from?

It's from DynDoLOD

63gmEFkRG1Y.jpggN6-TO02STY.jpgWhvGrVfcpB4.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, special edition, sse

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users