DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Where I can read more information about

; Change PortalBoxes in processed worldspaces to just Boxes - can help with performance in Skyrim/Enderal
PortalBoxFix=
I don't see any change in fps.

As the explanation says, this is for Skyrim/Enderal only. Check an exterior location that places lots of PortalBoxes and look towards them.

Edited by sheson

Can I make 3D tree LODs near and billboards in the far or it's separate metod of tree LODs?

DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html explains 3D tree LOD for LOD level 4 and billboards for the higher LOD levels.

LOD always starts beyond the loaded cells and this applies to near/far grid of dynamic LOD as explained in DynDOLOD_Manual.html.

The near/far grid are just identifiers how far away models show beyond the loaded cells.

For several reasons it makes no sense doing trees as dynamic LOD. One is the large amount of trees and another is the the limited distance.

Edited by sheson

DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html explains 3D tree LOD for LOD level 4 and billboards for the higher LOD levels.

LOD always starts beyond the loaded cells and this applies to near/far grid of dynamic LOD as explained in DynDOLOD_Manual.html.

The near/far grid are just identifiers how far away models show beyond the loaded cells.

For several reasons it makes no sense doing trees as dynamic LOD. One is the large amount of trees and another is the the limited distance.

I use hibryd 3D trees LODs, high rules (tree Static LOD4 | Billboard | Billboard), but I see always 3D LODs. 

3D trees LODs is feature with more hit to perfomance, I use EVT, 3D trees LODs hit down my FPS from 100 to 70. I think 3D tree LODs only for 0 level LOD will be better.

P.S. I'm sorry if I don't understand something, but english is foreign language for me.

I use hibryd 3D trees LODs, high rules (tree Static LOD4 | Billboard | Billboard), but I see always 3D LODs. 

3D trees LODs is feature with more hit to perfomance, I use EVT, 3D trees LODs hit down my FPS from 100 to 70. I think 3D tree LODs only for 0 level LOD will be better.

P.S. I'm sorry if I don't understand something, but english is foreign language for me.

If the setting is Static LOD4 for LOD level 4, Billboard for LOD level 8 and 16, then only the nearest LOD level will have 3D tree LOD and the two further levels use the simplified billboards.

The log tells you which LOD level uses what.

• +1 1

DynDoLOD use textures from \Data\textures\DynDOLOD\lod\DynDOLOD_%WorldName%l.dds for hybrid 3D trees crowns, and billboards wich generated by DynDoLOD. But LOD Brightness not take affect to this. How I can tune this brigntness.

I manualy colored this texture atlas for visibility

YeJHaveOu0s.jpg

iicZno4MOPY.jpg

Edited by Oliver

DynDoLOD use textures from \Data\textures\DynDOLOD\lod\DynDOLOD_%WorldName%l.dds for hybrid 3D trees crowns, and billboards wich generated by DynDoLOD. But LOD Brightness not take affect to this. How I can tune this brigntness.

I manualy colored this texture atlas for visibility

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13894-dyndolod-beta-for-skyrim-special-edition-and-skyrim-vr-274/page-114?p=237584&do=findComment&comment=237584

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13894-dyndolod-beta-for-skyrim-special-edition-and-skyrim-vr-274/page-115?p=237587&do=findComment&comment=237587

But tree LODs use your texture file. I can correct brightness for example DynDoLOD_Tamriel.dds in graphic editor after generation. Why I can't correct it in DynDoLOD before generation? Edited by Oliver