DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Yes. If I add mist after generating, it's look another (DynDoLOD.esp always last in order).

The mists seem to behave like in the video without DynDOLOD, Make sure to compare same weather and time of day etc. In any case, the next DynDOLOD version will have a mesh rule to ignore the mist meshes so the infinite version works as intended.

• +1 1

Good afternoon

I have a small issue with Dyndolod. Some of the LODs are sticking out of the fog / mist. On a clear day, they look great but when the weather gets foggy, it's looks a little strange. Any ideas what could be the cause? Did i forget to check an option when i first ran it?

https://imgur.com/Qzte49y

Thanks

Edited by LordIceWolf

Good afternoon

I have a small issue with Dyndolod. Some of the LODs are sticking out of the fog / mist. On a clear day, they look great but when the weather gets foggy, it's looks a little strange. Any ideas what could be the cause? Did i forget to check an option when i first ran it?

https://imgur.com/Qzte49y

Thanks

DynDOLOD is a set of tools to update textures and generate LOD. None of this changes weathers, fogs, image spaces, shaders or how the engine works. Look at ENBs, weather mods etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, in your thread for xlodgen you have recommended settings for first time users... is there anything like that here that I'm missing or do I just use the wizard ... and keep whatever settings are toggled by default in the advanced tab?

As explained before - also for xLODGen - the initial settings are sane defaults, however recommendations can not be given because every load order, hardware and personal preference is different.

Use low, medium or high wizard mode. Advanced settings are for advanced users that have read the manual so they can generate with different settings themselves in order to compare results.

Edited by sheson

As explained before - also for xLODGen - the initial settings are sane defaults, however recommendations can not be given because every load order, hardware and personal preference is different.

Use low, medium or high wizard mode. Advanced settings are for advanced users that have read the manual so they can generate with different settings themselves in order to compare results.

On a follow up do you recommend any specific LOD ranges and multipliers for DynDoLod? I am using BethINI and usually just go with their preset "ultra" But for you personally what do you find is the ideal object lod distance and multiplier?

Also I seem to get some subtle shimmering on the whiterun stone walls around maybe at the level 4 lod? I've done a bit of reading and can't really find an expansion, some people suggest fov, AF being too high or z-fighting.   

On a follow up do you recommend any specific LOD ranges and multipliers for DynDoLod? I am using BethINI and usually just go with their preset "ultra" But for you personally what do you find is the ideal object lod distance and multiplier?

Also I seem to get some subtle shimmering on the whiterun stone walls around maybe at the level 4 lod? I've done a bit of reading and can't really find an expansion, some people suggest fov, AF being too high or z-fighting.   

The distance settings depend on the load order, hardware and personal preference of the user.

Subtle shimmering sounds like aliasing or ambient occlusion.

I have doubling tree LODs on Solstheim (EVT).

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean or where the screenshots are supposed to be showing 2 trees on top of each other.

xLODGen tree LOD generation adds one tree LOD placement for each tree reference.

A tree LOD placement is 2 rectangular panes crossing in their middle. Each of the panes show the same billboard texture.

If the billboard texture is not properly centered or the trunk is not perpendicular, then the trunks on the 2 crossings pane might not align well.

Otherwise I suggest to generate tree LOD for the current load order.

Edited by sheson

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean or where the screenshots are supposed to be showing 2 trees on top of each other.

xLODGen tree LOD generation adds one tree LOD placement for each tree reference.

A tree LOD placement is 2 rectangular panes crossing in their middle. Each of the panes show the same billboard texture.

If the billboard texture is not properly centered or the trunk is not perpendicular, then the trunks on the 2 crossings pane might not align well.

Otherwise I suggest to generate tree LOD for the current load order.

I use 3D tree LODs and generate LODs for curret load order of course.

s9VUPQtYOr8.jpg

You see this? Two tree LODs from one root and two tops. Also this trees are X from two flat meshes, not hibrid 3D. TreeFullFallBack=0 resolve this.