• Please log in to reply
1762 replies to this topic

#1696 Oliver

Oliver

Prisoner

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:25 PM

A: Flickering textures (full and LOD model showing at the same time) in Skyrim Special Edition and Skyrim VR are caused by plugins triggering the large reference bugs as explained in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html. Verify if the problem goes away by setting uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in SkyrimPrefs.ini.

If the large reference bugs are the cause, check the log for the list of plugins/references causing them. Either leave large references turned off or remove the overwrites from the plugins or convert the plugins to ESMs.

uLargeRefLODGridSize=11 look better

FaDSW6_KFnA.jpg

=5

tbzgeCkzsGQ.jpg

Last log:

[00:05:15.963] Checking for plugins causing texture z-fighting flicker because of large references bugs.
[00:05:15.989] No large reference is overwritten by an esp.

I repeat my question

Why xLODgen solve the problem? DynDoLOD has Large Ref fix and based on xLODgen but can't resolve.

Rocks are flickering, it's staic object. Why I have different result?

Edited by Oliver, 27 September 2019 - 02:26 PM.

#1697 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:39 PM

I repeat my question

Rocks are flickering, it's staic object.

Verify if the problem goes away by setting uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in SkyrimPrefs.ini.

Without an answer to the first troubleshoot step it makes no sense to check anything else.

Why I have different result?

Already asked and already answered: xLODGen does not do dynamic/animated LOD. xLODGen does not have thousands of new LOD models.

#1698 Oliver

Oliver

Prisoner

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:03 PM

Verify if the problem goes away by setting uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in SkyrimPrefs.ini.

Without an answer to the first troubleshoot step it makes no sense to check anything else.

Already asked and already answered: xLODGen does not do dynamic/animated LOD. xLODGen does not have thousands of new LOD models.

uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 problem goes away, I think it's axiom and needn't check it. Yes it is.

I haven't flickering without tis mod.

Attached Files

#1699 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 07:07 AM

I haven't flickering without tis mod.

You need to do these workarounds to the plugin so that it does not trigger any of the large reference bugs:

Set the ESM flag by editing the flags on the File Header.

Find all overwritten references that set a smaller scale than the original record (no number in the field means 1.0).

Copy the record as new into PWwaterfall.esp so there is a new reference with the desired scale.

Change the overwrite of the original record to have the original scale again. Set the IsInitiallyDisabled flag, set XESP Enable Parent to Player (0x14) with Flag Opposite to parent. Set z to -30000. Those are the typical settings when undeleting UDRs.

You "only" need to do this for all overwritten references in a cell that has the flicker.

Next version of DynDOLOD will list the overwritten references causing large reference bugs in ESL plugins that do not have an ESM flag.

Edit: Next DynDOLOD version will do something so that large references with an overwritten smaller scale are taken care of automatically. Then just setting the ESM flag should be good enough for the majority of cases.

Edited by sheson, 28 September 2019 - 10:48 AM.

#1700 Oliver

Oliver

Prisoner

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 05:28 AM

How to select several worlds in advanced mode?

#1701 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 05:48 AM

How to select several worlds in advanced mode?

Not possible.

#1702 Oliver

Oliver

Prisoner

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 06:56 AM

LOD brigthness take effect only billboard trees, how I can change 3D LOD trees? I use last EVT SSE.

Edited by Oliver, 29 September 2019 - 06:56 AM.

#1703 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 07:21 AM

LOD brigthness take effect only billboard trees, how I can change 3D LOD trees? I use last EVT SSE.

There is no need to change the brightness of the textures used by 3D tree LOD models as they typically use the same textures, normals and lighting settings as the full models for the leafs. They do not suffer from the lighting issues of flat billboards.

#1704 Oliver

Oliver

Prisoner

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 07:59 AM

There is no need to change the brightness of the textures used by 3D tree LOD models as they typically use the same textures, normals and lighting settings as the full models for the leafs. They do not suffer from the lighting issues of flat billboards.

But 3D LOD trees haven't shadows, and  at clear day look brighter then real trees.

Edited by Oliver, 29 September 2019 - 08:00 AM.

#1705 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:43 AM

But 3D LOD trees haven't shadows, and  at clear day look brighter then real trees.

It seems you have a problem with a 3rd party mod and its LOD assets. Maybe use a different mod or edit the LOD assets if they do no match your load order/settings.

By default shadows in the loaded cells are only applied to a certain distance that does not always reaches LOD, in that case the LOD would be too dark at times. ENB has a feature to add distant shadows.

Just to be clear, 3D tree LOD models are just object LOD models. There is currently no specific distinction that they are trees.

Edited by sheson, 29 September 2019 - 08:51 AM.

#1706 Soulmancer

Soulmancer

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:01 PM

If I am using EVT, do I still need to download any additional billboards to cover any dawnguard or dragonborn content?

#1707 Soulmancer

Soulmancer

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:21 PM

NM, it appears to include the billboards for the DLC... I donno why in your threads sometimes I can edit my posts and sometimes I cannot.

#1708 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 03:20 AM

If I am using EVT, do I still need to download any additional billboards to cover any dawnguard or dragonborn content?

A billboards is required for each tree that you want to have LOD.

The log shows for which tree a billboard was found and for which it wasn't. The answer if billboards are installed for all the desired trees and mods and if they match visually can only be answered by yourself really.

If you have questions about a third party mod you need to ask its author.

Edited by sheson, 03 October 2019 - 03:21 AM.

#1709 MOUNTAIN

MOUNTAIN

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:40 PM

Thanks for the greatest mod :)

https://imgur.com/fXDOG4C

Can i get a solution of this problem?

I am using 'Majestic mountains' mod and my mountain lod looks strange after install Dyndolod.

#1710 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:25 AM

Thanks for the greatest mod :)

https://imgur.com/fXDOG4C

Can i get a solution of this problem?

I am using 'Majestic mountains' mod and my mountain lod looks strange after install Dyndolod.

There seems nothing "strange" in the screenshot.

It seems you are using a third part mod which ships with changed LOD models and textures. If you have questions about a third party mod check its description or ask its author.

Edited by sheson, 04 October 2019 - 01:25 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, special edition, sse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users