DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

When I start the game, Dyn is giving me the error that it needs Papyrusutils 3.3 or higher to function. I am using Papyrus 3.3c, the latest version as of now. Dyn.esp doesn't load. What is wrong here?

I don't know if it is related, but while generating LODs, LODGEN gave an error while processing skuldafnworld, and didn't generate LOD for that. But there were no other erros, in any other worldspace. I just went ahead and saved that Dyn.esp, and started the game.

What are a few good spots in-game to test the new glow LODs from?

Looking at any walled city or structure with windows from some distance.

Also, does "animated LOD" mean that distant waterfalls and windmills will be animated?

Yes

When I start the game, Dyn is giving me the error that it needs Papyrusutils 3.3 or higher to function. I am using Papyrus 3.3c, the latest version as of now. Dyn.esp doesn't load. What is wrong here?

You need to make sure the required PapyrusUtil SE version or higher is installed correctly and none of its files are overwritten.

I don't know if it is related, but while generating LODs, LODGEN gave an error while processing skuldafnworld, and didn't generate LOD for that. But there were no other erros, in any other worldspace. I just went ahead and saved that Dyn.esp, and started the game.

The LODGen error message is not related to PapyrusUtil. In any case it probably would make sense to take appropriate actions to fix the error.

^^

Somehow, re-installing SKSE64 and Papyrus solved the issue of Dyn not loading. Now it is working beautifully, and I can see the new glow effects. One bug though - standing near the Skyforge in Whiterun and looking out, I can see one windmill sail unattached to a windmill, and just floating in the air. Here it is:

24qn961.jpg

One bug though - standing near the Skyforge in Whiterun and looking out, I can see one windmill sail unattached to a windmill, and just floating in the air. Here it is:

This is a vanilla "bug" and has nothing to do with LOD. Bethesda simply did not add all full models beyond the walls to "optimize" for weak hardware like consoles.

DynDOLOD Resources SE ships with the optional "Whiterun Exterior" and "Solitude Exterior" patches to add a few of those "missing" full models when creating the DynDOLOD plugins.

Edited by sheson

Hey, I ran into problems at installing DynDOLOD for SE with Open Cities.

Yes I did RTFM and did all the steps described there to make DynDOLOD work with OCS (I hope they still work with SE) , but LOD's in Whiterun are completely destroyed.

They flicker extremely and also have some texture allignment issues(see imgur). 

https://imgur.com/a/CUqgb

Load order:

https://pastebin.com/tYufJVEU

Thanks for any help.

Hey, I ran into problems at installing DynDOLOD for SE with Open Cities.

Yes I did RTFM and did all the steps described there to make DynDOLOD work with OCS (I hope they still work with SE) , but LOD's in Whiterun are completely destroyed.

They flicker extremely and also have some texture allignment issues(see imgur). 

https://imgur.com/a/CUqgb

Load order:

https://pastebin.com/tYufJVEU

Thanks for any help.

The flickering is most likely because you have not turned off large references.

The wrong LOD textures happen because the object LOD texture atlas does not belong to the generated object LOD meshes, they are from different generations.

Edited by sheson

This is a vanilla "bug" and has nothing to do with LOD. Bethesda simply did not add all full models beyond the walls to "optimize" for weak hardware like consoles.

DynDOLOD Resources SE ships with the optional "Whiterun Exterior" and "Solitude Exterior" patches to add a few of those "missing" full models when creating the DynDOLOD plugins.

I did check both "Whiterun exterior" and other exteriors, when I installed Dyn resources. So that should have taken care of the issue, right? Or is that particular windmill not added? In my load order, the only mods overwriting any files from Dyn-resources is Abendaron's HD-LODs, and the Texgen output.

I did check both "Whiterun exterior" and other exteriors, when I installed Dyn resources. So that should have taken care of the issue, right? Or is that particular windmill not added? In my load order, the only mods overwriting any files from Dyn-resources is Abendaron's HD-LODs, and the Texgen output.

Make sure the patch files were installed to ..data\DynDOLOD\WhiterunExterior_Tamriel.patch or whatever the equivalent is depending on which mod manager you are using. For example, you need a recent Wrye Bash version so the automatic installation works.

If the files are installed correctly, then check ..DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt for lines like "Processing 33 patches from dyndolod\whiterunexterior_tamriel.patch"

Make sure the patch files were installed to ..data\DynDOLOD\WhiterunExterior_Tamriel.patch or whatever the equivalent is depending on which mod manager you are using. For example, you need a recent Wrye Bash version so the automatic installation works.

If the files are installed correctly, then check ..DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt for lines like "Processing 33 patches from dyndolod\whiterunexterior_tamriel.patch"

That was it - the patch files were not present in the folder, for some reason. I'm using Mod Ogrganizer 2.0.8.3, and I installed Dyn-resources a few times, ticking all options. But only the patch for High Hrogthar Window glow was being added. So after installing it with MO, I manually dragged and dropped the other patch files from the file, ran TexGen and Dyn, and now the missing windmill is present.

Not sure why MO doesn't add those patch files. Makes me wonder if there are other files being missed, from this or other mods. Is it a MO bug, or could there be an issue with the packaging of Dyn-resources?

How do I reduce the size of the fake light glow mesh? There is no option to do so in this version that I can see, while I remember that option in the Oldrim version. Can I edit the script as the manual for Oldrim states, or is that not applicable here?

This is what the manual states:

"\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE].ini' from 1 = low to 9 = high."

Edited by Jarl_Elisif

That was it - the patch files were not present in the folder, for some reason. I'm using Mod Ogrganizer 2.0.8.3, and I installed Dyn-resources a few times, ticking all options. But only the patch for High Hrogthar Window glow was being added. So after installing it with MO, I manually dragged and dropped the other patch files from the file, ran TexGen and Dyn, and now the missing windmill is present.

Not sure why MO doesn't add those patch files. Makes me wonder if there are other files being missed, from this or other mods. Is it a MO bug, or could there be an issue with the packaging of Dyn-resources?

How do I reduce the size of the fake light glow mesh? There is no option to do so in this version that I can see, while I remember that option in the Oldrim version. Can I edit the script as the manual for Oldrim states, or is that not applicable here?

This is what the manual states:

"\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE].ini' from 1 = low to 9 = high."

Looks like there was a bug in the fomod installer file preventing some patch files to be installed correctly, DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.36 beta1 fixes that. No need to reinstall if you fixed it manually.

You probably want to update to the more recent and stable MO version 2.1

The intensity of the glow can be changed by setting

FakeLightsIntensity=1-9

in ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini, then generate LOD.

To change the size you would need to edit ..Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\effects\fxglowdefault[1-9]_dyndolod_lod.nif (replace [1-9] with whatever number is set in the INI for FakeLightsIntensity)

You can also change the intensity in the shader of course. Editing this file will have an immediate effect in the game.

Edited by sheson

I'd been using an older version with static LOD. Should there be any issues to updating to try the new dynamic goodies, assuming I RTFM (which I didn't see mention anything for that specific instance, other than that I needed to regenerate and do clean save like always.)

I'd been using an older version with static LOD. Should there be any issues to updating to try the new dynamic goodies, assuming I RTFM (which I didn't see mention anything for that specific instance, other than that I needed to regenerate and do clean save like always.)

Because of the new patching feature for the optionals like White Exterior etc, remove old DynDOLOD Resources SE and all its plugins. Remove old output and DynDOLOD.esp. Then do the clean save.

Then install and generate everything like usual.

Because of the new patching feature for the optionals like White Exterior etc, remove old DynDOLOD Resources SE and all its plugins. Remove old output and DynDOLOD.esp. Then do the clean save.

Then install and generate everything like usual.

Awesome, thank you so much!

Im so sorry, for posting this report/question but has anyone gotten these few lakes to work "nicely" ? This is probably 99% chance my ham handiness or a  large references issue(2.nd case), doesnt probably hurt to ask. Keep up the good work, and may 2018 be a year of many firstborn/goat sacrifices to sheson!

First are is the lake near Wayward Pass, this is notoriously bad on vanilla. But I couldnt get it to play nicely with dyndolod, so the lod transition still happens.

6Z9M6jx.jpg

IOA2UN7.jpg

Other bad lake/river is this lovely thing near bronze water cave. It has mostly flickering or z-fighting problems, which are not that noticable without weather mods but get quite annoying with them.

ks7n1LF.jpg

1EScwXP.jpg