DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

So disclaimer: although i'm 99.9% sure of this Potential incompatibility as of version 2.5.4. I'm also aware computers can be inconsistent sometimes even with similar specs and would need a second user to repeat the same issue to be sure.

There appears to be a incompatibility between the most recent dyndolod build "unless your hiding a newer one from me :P" (SE 2.5.4) I found a repeatable CTD with both unique border gates and dyndolod between the Weynon Stones and duskglow crevice it goes a bit farther but I'm drawing a blank on the name of the nearby giant camp frost something; individualy, Unique borders or dyndoloid everything works great I just thought it important to mention just in-case someone has a solution.

What iv'e done to test compatibility (reapeatable crash every time)

Done Within M02 (keep in mind im using the seutp instructions from lexys lotd) so small DynDOLOD_SSE.ini change. treelods=0 and deleting the line BSHeartland (Tamriel) - bsheartland.esm in DynDOLOD_SSE_worldspace_ignore.txt

-tested them separately (no crash individually of course)

-prior to running dyndolod tried changing all texgen texture settings from BC7 quick (default) to dxt5 also tried max BC7 I tried a few others but don't remember which dxt3 maybe

-tested just dyndolod and unique border gates together reran dyndolod generation of course

-re-ran dyndolod without border gates checked in left plane of M02 than checked border gates. The dyndolod esm was moved to the proper place.

Thanks for the lods it was totally worth my first born ;P

FAQ: Game: ILS or CTD

A: More LOD uses more memory and this can cause infinite loading screen (ILS) or crash to desktop (CTD) if the game is not setup correctly. This should generally not be a problem with Skyrim Special Edition or Skyrim VR, but for Skyrim double check heap memory usage (block 1) with Memory Blocks Log from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50471/ and adjust SKSE or SSME memory settings. Or use the alternative OSAllocator from crash fixes with pre-loader. Remove satefy-load if it is used to verify it doesn't cause CTD. Set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini 

A: Do not use the experimental TreeFullFallBack setting without understanding what it does and what it is for. 

A: If heap memory is not the cause of CTD see ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt for checking if a missing or invalid nif model used for dynamic LOD is the cause. 

Edit: Installed Unique Border Gates SE, generated LOD, started new game, fast traveled to Weynon Stones, ran to Duskglow Crevice and nothing of interest happened. As far as I can tell, Unique Border Gates SE does not change anything in that area in the middle of the map (Block 1,1).
Edited by sheson

DynDOLOD generates all files into the output folder that the user defines in the options window. This includes the plugins, the tree and object LOD in meshes and textures folders and the data files in the SKSE folder. That output then needs to be installed into the games data folder - the how depends on the used mod manager.

I suggest to read the DynDOLOD documentation and watch the included videos if any of that is unclear.

Just to make sure, the term [worldspace] is a placeholder and in this case is Tamriel.

All right. After some time of searching and trying to figure out what was wrong about my dyndolod installation i think i finally figured it out. It appears dyndolod created a folder with the following path: c:/userdata/user/dyndolod/dyndolod_output/meshes. Inside this folder where the meshes i missed. Inside the usual output folder next to the dyndolod.exe were only tree meshes. Dont know why the meshes were separated, didnt have this problem with previous dyndolod versions. The dyndolod folder is placed directly in my c: drive and i always execute it with admin rights. I noticed that the "userdata" folder housed only the dyndolod output and i think dyndolod itself created the userdata folder. It also didnt spell my name correctly, most likely cause my family name contains the letter "ö".

All right. After some time of searching and trying to figure out what was wrong about my dyndolod installation i think i finally figured it out. It appears dyndolod created a folder with the following path: c:/userdata/user/dyndolod/dyndolod_output/meshes. Inside this folder where the meshes i missed. Inside the usual output folder next to the dyndolod.exe were only tree meshes. Dont know why the meshes were separated, didnt have this problem with previous dyndolod versions. The dyndolod folder is placed directly in my c: drive and i always execute it with admin rights. I noticed that the "userdata" folder housed only the dyndolod output and i think dyndolod itself created the userdata folder. It also didnt spell my name correctly, most likely cause my family name contains the letter "ö".

DynDOLOD will create the the path and folder the user selects in the options window.

By defaults the options window output path is set to wbProgramPath + 'DynDOLOD_Output\'

wbProgramPath is an  xEdit variable that holds the path to xEdit/DynDOLOD executable, e.g. the path to where DynDOLOD.exe is when it is executed.

When generating LOD the output at the time is saved and loaded again next time the application is started.

All output of a generation session is written to the same output folder. Once set, there is no command that changes it for example between generating tree and object LOD.

DynDOLOD will create the the path and folder the user selects in the options window.

By defaults the options window output path is set to wbProgramPath + 'DynDOLOD_Output\'

wbProgramPath is an  xEdit variable that holds the path to xEdit/DynDOLOD executable, e.g. the path to where DynDOLOD.exe is when it is executed.

When generating LOD the output at the time is saved and loaded again next time the application is started.

All output of a generation session is written to the same output folder. Once set, there is no command that changes it for example between generating tree and object LOD.

Dyndolod creates the output folder right next to the executable, but only with the tree related meshes inside (the textures are all there). The object meshes were in the other "userdata" path. Once i put those meshes together i finally got a working dyndolod setup. Didnt setup any other output path. I honestly dont know why it does that, but i am kind of happy i finally got it working.

Dyndolod creates the output folder right next to the executable, but only with the tree related meshes inside (the textures are all there). The object meshes were in the other "userdata" path. Once i put those meshes together i finally got a working dyndolod setup. Didnt setup any other output path. I honestly dont know why it does that, but i am kind of happy i finally got it working.

Check the DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt, it shows were it creates the object LOD texture atlas to, "Creating atlas textures ..."

DynDOLOD writes a new LODGen export file to DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\ for each worldspace. It contains a line with PathOutput=

If it is different from the current selected output path, it probably means the file is old and could not be replaced. If it is correct, something is messing with LODGen.exe

You can check the output path LODGen actually used in its logs DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt

Edited by sheson

Check the DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt, it shows were it creates the object LOD texture atlas to, "Creating atlas textures ..."

DynDOLOD writes a new LODGen export file to DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\ for each worldspace. It contains a line with PathOutput=

If it is different from the current selected output path, it probably means the file is old and could not be replaced. If it is correct, something is messing with LODGen.exe

You can check the output path LODGen actually used in its logs DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt

DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\ log files do indeed point to the userdata output path. What do you mean with "old" files and how can i fix this?

DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\ log files do indeed point to the userdata output path. What do you mean with "old" files and how can i fix this?

Check if the file dates of the export files matches the time of the last generation. It should be pretty close to the time of the created atlas textures.

If it is older, then something is preventing overwriting them, but usually that should produce some kind of error while the code tries to replace the file. So either way it is odd.

Check if the file dates of the export files matches the time of the last generation. It should be pretty close to the time of the created atlas textures.

If it is older, then something is preventing overwriting them, but usually that should produce some kind of error while the code tries to replace the file. So either way it is odd.

I can confirm that the generated files where from my last generation and not older. Loaded ingame, they work just fine. I will put the dyndolod standalone folder into a different location and try it again.

I can confirm that the generated files where from my last generation and not older. Loaded ingame, they work just fine. I will put the dyndolod standalone folder into a different location and try it again.

Just tried it again from a different location and now all the files are right in place. Dont know what interfered the application previously. Now it works :)

FAQ: Game: ILS or CTD

A: More LOD uses more memory and this can cause infinite loading screen (ILS) or crash to desktop (CTD) if the game is not setup correctly. This should generally not be a problem with Skyrim Special Edition or Skyrim VR, but for Skyrim double check heap memory usage (block 1) with Memory Blocks Log from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50471/ and adjust SKSE or SSME memory settings. Or use the alternative OSAllocator from crash fixes with pre-loader. Remove satefy-load if it is used to verify it doesn't cause CTD. Set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini

A: Do not use the experimental TreeFullFallBack setting without understanding what it does and what it is for.

A: If heap memory is not the cause of CTD see ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt for checking if a missing or invalid nif model used for dynamic LOD is the cause.

Edit: Installed Unique Border Gates SE, generated LOD, started new game, fast traveled to Weynon Stones, ran to Duskglow Crevice and nothing of interest happened. As far as I can tell, Unique Border Gates SE does not change anything in that area in the middle of the map (Block 1,1).

Thanks for checking that for me It's much appreciated, I'll try turning trelods= back to 1 and try it again. if there's further issue I'll look to see if there's anything up with steam or my SSE itself I noticed shadercache folder started appearing in my MO2 overwrite lately maybe somthing got deleted without my being aware.

Thanks

Edited by buddahobo

Thanks for checking that for me It's much appreciated, I'll try turning trelods= back to 1 and try it again. if there's further issue I'll look to see if there's anything up with steam or my SSE itself I noticed shadercache folder started appearing in my MO2 overwrite lately maybe somthing got deleted without my being aware.

Thanks

The TreeLOD=0 is fine. Just do not change TreeFullFallBack mindlessly.

If you run into CTDs again, post the papyrus log (from the readme) in addition to the DynDOLOD log.

Bethesda just released a patch for skyrim se. Is your dyndolod dll game version depended oder universal? Here are the notes if anyone is interested:

Version 1.5.62.0.8 was released as an update for Steam, PS4 and Xbox One on 5 December 2018.

• Small backend changes for PC, XB1, and PS4.
  • Thieves Guild Hood will no longer disappear if player is a vampire.
  • Fixed specular with "Mourner's Hat" and "Hat" on male Argonians.
  • Fixed skinning and restored bridles on Imperial Saddle.

The TreeLOD=0 is fine. Just do not change TreeFullFallBack mindlessly.

If you run into CTDs again, post the papyrus log (from the readme) in addition to the DynDOLOD log.

Thanks i'm currently doing a clean install of SSE right now just in case. No worries, treelods= is the only one touched so I can confirm TreeFullFallBack= is currently the default TreeFullFallBack=1. thanks again

I'll be testing just dyndolod and border-gates again and post my papyrus log if the issue persists after and said and done.

Also I realized i had a few other things checked in the left plane of mo2. kind of feel silly forgetting to uncheck those mods... ill go ahead and uncheck those as it could be one of those. usually I can find the issue myself in xEdit so naturally i was pretty boggled when it started a CTD frenzy in the previously mentioned location even when xedit showed no changes in that cell between them only change i found was some height data but it appeared to be overwritten without conflict and no errors so... derp?

I'm getting an error "Exception in unit process line 85: List index out of bounds (-1)" after trying to run DynDoLOD 2.54 on SSE.

Steps:
- Using MO2.
- Removed BSHeartland from DynDoLOD's SSE world ignore list
- Ran TexGen with all worlds selected, added 7zipped output to load order at the end.
- Ran DynDoLOD with only BSHeartland selected, no static LOD. No errors there, so added 7zipped output to load order.
- Ran DDL again with all worlds minus BSHeartland and Labyrinthine mazeworld, selected static LOD. DDL asked if I wanted to update an existing ESM and ESP, I said yes.
- It ran for a while then stopped with the error above.

I couldn't find "out of bounds" anywhere in the forum so I guess it's just a minor problem? Here are logs in case:

Log window output: https://pastebin.com/AtEssU6r
bugreport.txt: https://pastebin.com/9x8hgPxB
DynDoLOD_SSE.log is attached to this post.