DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

I'm getting an error "Exception in unit process line 85: List index out of bounds (-1)" after trying to run DynDoLOD 2.54 on SSE.

Steps:

- Using MO2.

- Removed BSHeartland from DynDoLOD's SSE world ignore list

- Ran TexGen with all worlds selected, added 7zipped output to load order at the end.

- Ran DynDoLOD with only BSHeartland selected, no static LOD. No errors there, so added 7zipped output to load order.

- Ran DDL again with all worlds minus BSHeartland and Labyrinthine mazeworld, selected static LOD. DDL asked if I wanted to update an existing ESM and ESP, I said yes.

- It ran for a while then stopped with the error above.

I couldn't find "out of bounds" anywhere in the forum so I guess it's just a minor problem? Here are logs in case:

Log window output: https://pastebin.com/AtEssU6r

bugreport.txt: https://pastebin.com/9x8hgPxB

DynDoLOD_SSE.log is attached to this post.

The error above the exception:

no Minion for 18_42 moonpathesp_056F9A_DynDOLOD_LOD [REFR:B706A326] (places CandleLanternwithCandle01_DynDOLOD_LOD [STAT:11008476] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:0A0A7646] (in BSHeartland "Tamriel" [WRLD:0A0A764B]) at 18,42)

For some reason the reference was placed into the wrong worldspace and the coordinates are all wrong. Not sure right now how this can even happen. I was not able to replicate it yet.

Check if anything is overwriting xx056F9A in moonpath.esp. xx is the hex load order of the plugin, so probably 3F056F9A

Check both DynDOLOD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp for errors.

I've a strange problem.

My save game suddenly can't let me go through any load door(from interior to exterior or opposite) with dyndolod.esm and esp activated.

So I did the next steps to try to fix:

1.In game: deactivate dyndolod in MCM and make a new save(A)

2.Uninstall TexGen_Output, Dyndolod_Output and Dyndolod-resources completely.

3.Load the saved game(A) and Make a new save(B)

4.Clean the saved game(B) with ReSaver.

5.Load the saved game(B) which has been cleaned by Resaver. And do some testing ingame. Confirmed everything is OK in the saved game(B). I can go through load doors without any issue.

6.Regenerate LODs using Dyndolod and install Dyndolod-resources, TexGen_Output(new), Dyndolod_Output(new)

7.Load the saved game(B) which has been cleaned by Resaver and has been tested well.

8.Go through a load door - 100% CTD.

I have 500+mods installed with 400 plugins. But this problem only happens on my current save game. New game is OK.

I can't understand why. Something bad are baked in my save? And can't be cleaned by ReSaver?

Can I continue play my save with dyndolod.esm and esp deactivated?

Edited by Elzee

I've a strange problem.

My save game suddenly can't let me go through any load door(from interior to exterior or opposite) with dyndolod.esm and esp activated.

So I did the next steps to try to fix:

1.In game: deactivate dyndolod in MCM and make a new save(A)

2.Uninstall TexGen_Output, Dyndolod_Output and Dyndolod-resources completely.

3.Load the saved game(A) and Make a new save(B)

4.Clean the saved game(B) with ReSaver.

5.Load the saved game(B) which has been cleaned by Resaver. And do some testing ingame. Confirmed everything is OK in the saved game(B). I can go through load doors without any issue.

6.Regenerate LODs using Dyndolod and install Dyndolod-resources, TexGen_Output(new), Dyndolod_Output(new)

7.Load the saved game(B) which has been cleaned by Resaver and has been tested well.

8.Go through a load door - 100% CTD.

I have 500+mods installed with 400 plugins. But this problem only happens on my current save game. New game is OK.

I can't understand why. Something bad are baked in my save? And can't be cleaned by ReSaver?

Can I continue play my save with dyndolod.esm and esp deactivated?

Additional info

COC command is OK in step 8.

Papyrus log is stopped here when going through the load door:

[12/18/2018 - 02:05:11AM] Error: Unable to call UnregisterForUpdateGameTime - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[None].ccBGSSSE035_PetGivePlayerItemEffect.UnregisterForUpdateGameTime() - "<native>" Line ?
[None].ccBGSSSE035_PetGivePlayerItemEffect.OnEffectFinish() - "ccBGSSSE035_PetGivePlayerItemEffect.psc" Line 19
[12/18/2018 - 02:05:18AM] Error: Unable to bind script FXcameraAttachCloudScript to  (FE090A12) because their base types do not match
[12/18/2018 - 02:05:24AM] VM is freezing...
[12/18/2018 - 02:05:24AM] VM is frozen
[12/18/2018 - 02:05:25AM] Saving game...

Seems VM is failed to thaw before CTD.
Edited by Elzee

Additional info

COC command is OK in step 8.

Papyrus log is stopped here when going through the load door:

[12/18/2018 - 02:05:11AM] Error: Unable to call UnregisterForUpdateGameTime - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[None].ccBGSSSE035_PetGivePlayerItemEffect.UnregisterForUpdateGameTime() - "" Line ?
[None].ccBGSSSE035_PetGivePlayerItemEffect.OnEffectFinish() - "ccBGSSSE035_PetGivePlayerItemEffect.psc" Line 19
[12/18/2018 - 02:05:18AM] Error: Unable to bind script FXcameraAttachCloudScript to  (FE090A12) because their base types do not match
[12/18/2018 - 02:05:24AM] VM is freezing...
[12/18/2018 - 02:05:24AM] VM is frozen
[12/18/2018 - 02:05:25AM] Saving game...

Seems VM is failed to thaw before CTD.

If you are currently using PapyrusUtil for dynamic LOD, test if updating the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources to the ones posted here make a difference.

If it doesn't make a difference, test if using DynDOLOD DLL instead makes a difference.

If neither change anything, set debug true as explained in the readme and see if the papyrus log shows more / posted entire log.

Edited by sheson

If you are currently using PapyrusUtil for dynamic LOD, test if updating the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources to the ones posted here make a difference.

If it doesn't make a difference, test if using DynDOLOD DLL instead makes a difference.

If neither change anything, set debug true as explained in the readme and see if the papyrus log shows more / posted entire log.

Neither the new scripts or dll makes any difference.

I enabled debug mode and made a CTD. But there isn't any useful lines at the end of papyrus log.

[12/18/2018 - 09:43:43PM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_MCM <DynDOLOD_MCM (F500090F)>]: Registered DynDOLOD at MCM.
[12/18/2018 - 09:43:44PM] [ehs_MCMconfig <ehs_abilityStartUp (FE016806)>]: Registered Action Combat at MCM.
[12/18/2018 - 09:43:44PM] [_MODLazyItemEditMenu <_MODLazyItemEdit (FE025D61)>]: Registered LazyItemEdit at MCM.
[12/18/2018 - 09:43:44PM] [GTB_MCMScript <GTB_MCMQuest (FE056808)>]: Registered Go to bed at MCM.
[12/18/2018 - 09:43:44PM] [sOTHorseHazMCM <MountedDangersMCM (FE06680A)>]: Registered SOT Riding Hazards at MCM.
[12/18/2018 - 09:43:44PM] [wtsbanditencounterquestscript <wtsBanditEncounter (FE08CD63)>]: Registered Enemy Encounter at MCM.
[12/18/2018 - 09:44:01PM] Error: Unable to bind script FXcameraAttachCloudScript to  (FE090A12) because their base types do not match
[12/18/2018 - 09:44:07PM] VM is freezing...
[12/18/2018 - 09:44:07PM] VM is frozen
[12/18/2018 - 09:44:07PM] Saving game...

Neither the new scripts or dll makes any difference.

I enabled debug mode and made a CTD. But there isn't any useful lines at the end of papyrus log.

[12/18/2018 - 09:43:43PM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_MCM ]: Registered DynDOLOD at MCM.
[12/18/2018 - 09:43:44PM] [ehs_MCMconfig ]: Registered Action Combat at MCM.
[12/18/2018 - 09:43:44PM] [_MODLazyItemEditMenu <_modlazyitemedit>]: Registered LazyItemEdit at MCM.
[12/18/2018 - 09:43:44PM] [GTB_MCMScript ]: Registered Go to bed at MCM.
[12/18/2018 - 09:43:44PM] [sOTHorseHazMCM ]: Registered SOT Riding Hazards at MCM.
[12/18/2018 - 09:43:44PM] [wtsbanditencounterquestscript ]: Registered Enemy Encounter at MCM.
[12/18/2018 - 09:44:01PM] Error: Unable to bind script FXcameraAttachCloudScript to  (FE090A12) because their base types do not match
[12/18/2018 - 09:44:07PM] VM is freezing...
[12/18/2018 - 09:44:07PM] VM is frozen
[12/18/2018 - 09:44:07PM] Saving game...

Can you leave the interior without enabling DynDOLOD.esp, keeping the esm and the static object/tree LOD?

What happen when you disable autosaves?

Edited by sheson

Can you leave the interior without enabling DynDOLOD.esp, keeping the esm and the static object/tree LOD?

I can leave the interior with dyndolod.esp off and esm on and autosave on

I can leave the interior with dyndolod.esp on and esm on and autosave off

I can't leave the interior with dyndolod.esp on and esm on and autosave on. (manual save and timing autosave is ok. Only autosave on load door will CTD.)

Edited by Elzee

I did some further violent testing:

With dyndolod.esp on and esm on and autosave on:

1.Only delete SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.pex in my data\scripts folder. - I can go through load doors without issue.

2.Delete all SHESON_DynDOLOD_xxx.pex in my data\scripts folder. But keep SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.pex in my data\scripts folder. - CTD on load door autosaving.

I can leave the interior with dyndolod.esp off and esm on and autosave on

I can leave the interior with dyndolod.esp on and esm on and autosave off

I can't leave the interior with dyndolod.esp on and esm on and autosave on. (manual save and timing autosave is ok. Only autosave on load door will CTD.)

Making a manual save works?

Making a quick save works?

Are you using SSE Engine fixes?

What happens if you remove other large plugins that modify/add a lot of things to Tamriel worldspace? (probably hard to test, I suppose)

You notice similar problems in smaller worlds, like interior to Solstheim?

Edited by sheson

What happens if you remove other large plugins that modify/add a lot of things to Tamriel worldspace? (probably hard to test, I suppose)

Now I'm narrowing it down on the SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.pex script.

I just comment out the OnCellAttach() event in this script and compiled it. No CTD.

Continue narrowing.

Edited by Elzee

The CTD will happen even I add some meaningless code like debug.notification. So I think my saved game has reached some limit.

I'm using SSE Engine Bug Fixes. But don't work after uninstalled it.

COC to any interior of any city in Skyrim then go outside will crash the game.

COC to any dungeon outside cities in Skyrim then go outside will crash the game.

COC to an interior of Raven Rock in Solstheim then go outside will NOT crash the game.

COC to an interior of Skall Village in Solstheim then go outside will NOT crash the game.

COC to Fort Dawnguard then go outside will NOT crash the game.

COC to whiterun bridge outside the city, make a manual save, load that save, the problem be gone.......WTX???

The CTD will happen even I add some meaningless code like debug.notification. So I think my saved game has reached some limit.

I'm using SSE Engine Bug Fixes. But don't work after uninstalled it.

COC to any interior of any city in Skyrim then go outside will crash the game.

COC to any dungeon outside cities in Skyrim then go outside will crash the game.

COC to an interior of Raven Rock in Solstheim then go outside will NOT crash the game.

COC to an interior of Skall Village in Solstheim then go outside will NOT crash the game.

COC to Fort Dawnguard then go outside will NOT crash the game.

COC to whiterun bridge outside the city, make a manual save, load that save, the problem be gone.......WTX???

Not sure what limit that would be. This is a first. 

Strange issue with SSE version.

If I go straight to the advanced options, scroll to the very bottom of the mesh lodgen rules window, and then hit Medium (without selecting any worlds), a "Loading More Information" loading bar window pops up. It will finish and then restart again. Every iteration becomes slower.

This doesn't happen when using the High or Low options.

Strange issue with SSE version.

If I go straight to the advanced options, scroll to the very bottom of the mesh lodgen rules window, and then hit Medium (without selecting any worlds), a "Loading More Information" loading bar window pops up. It will finish and then restart again. Every iteration becomes slower.

This doesn't happen when using the High or Low options.

Trying to replicate. Good thing that there is no need to scroll to the bottom of the rules window before loading them.

Edited by sheson

Trying to replicate. Good thing that there is no need to scroll to the bottom of the rules window before loading them.

You might have to do it a few times. I tried a clean install (including clearing out the associated files in appdata) and was able to reproduce again, though I had to try a few times and also adjust the checkboxes. This might also be related to how my DynDOLOD tends to hang when I use the medium setting.

Then again I reinstalled since I'm having trouble with it not generating tree billboards correctly in the first place (even on High), so maybe there's something wrong somewhere.

I'm using Indistinguishable Billboards but the generated tree billboards north of Whiterun are still vanilla.

Edited by nanashi