DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

You might have to do it a few times. I tried a clean install (including clearing out the associated files in appdata) and was able to reproduce again, though I had to try a few times and also adjust the checkboxes. This might also be related to how my DynDOLOD tends to hang when I use the medium setting.

Then again I reinstalled since I'm having trouble with it not generating tree billboards correctly in the first place (even on High), so maybe there's something wrong somewhere.

I'm using Indistinguishable Billboards but the generated tree billboards north of Whiterun are still vanilla.

Any problems with the interface and rules have no correlation to billboards and tree LOD (each tree needs a matching billboard and the log tells you that exactly) or LOD generation hanging (usually resources/files being blocked by UAC or Antivirus)

If something is still vanilla, files from DynDOLOD output are most likley being ovewritten, though only a few trees being vanilla is rather impossible with tree LOD as there can be only one *.LST file and texture atlas. They could be old object LOD though.

Edited by sheson

Hello! Just wanted to ask a small question: does that look normal  https://imgur.com/a/v08fclb  ?

I mean the tree trunks of the LOD models - they look very bright, almost white (look in the top left corner). Is it supposed to look like that or did I screw up the installation? The reason I'm asking is because I don't remember it looking like that when I used DynDolod a few months ago and Sheson's screenshots on the Dyndolod Nexus page also don't seem to look like that. Thanks for help in advance.

Relevant info: not using any mods other than Dyndolod (clean vanilla install), billboards used https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11446  , Dyndolod options: "high" preset, Treelod=0 in the ini file, tree settings: static lod 4, billboard, billboard.

Edited by Mirelurk123

Hello! Just wanted to ask a small question: does that look normal  https://imgur.com/a/v08fclb  ?

I mean the tree trunks of the LOD models - they look very bright, almost white (look in the top left corner). Is it supposed to look like that or did I screw up the installation? The reason I'm asking is because I don't remember it looking like that when I used DynDolod a few months ago and Sheson's screenshots on the Dyndolod Nexus page also don't seem to look like that. Thanks for help in advance.

Relevant info: not using any mods other than Dyndolod (clean vanilla install), billboards used https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11446  , Dyndolod options: "high" preset, Treelod=0 in the ini file, tree settings: static lod 4, billboard, billboard.

So those are 3D hybrid LOD trees. You did not mention which version of DynDOLOD Resources was used or if you might be using EVT.

By default has no shadows, that is why the LOD trees may seem brighter than the full models in the foreground. The brightness of such flat textures depends on weather mods and ENB. You could try to darken the relevant textures in the atlas texture Textures\DynDOLOD\lod\dyndolodtreelod.dds

The latest ENB versions now have "Distant Shadow" you might want to look into.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

Hey, thanks for answering. Yes, those are 3D hybrid LOD trees. I'm using Dyndolod Standalone 2.54, Dyndolod Resources SE 2.45. I'm not using EVT (I'm not using any mods apart from Dyndolod and billboards I linked to earilier), those are vanilla trees.

Yes, I've heard that LOD in Skyrim cannot receive shadows. Thing is, the leaves of LOD trees are ok in terms of brightness, only their trunks look very bright. I'm not using any ENBs or weather mods, what you see on the screenshot is vanilla lighting. How can I identify the relevant textures and what tools should I use to do that?

Again, the reason I'm asking is because on your screenshots (I mean those: https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/59721/59721-1518810007-1767873234.jpeg

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/59721/59721-1519905746-1935151858.jpeg

the tree LOD trunks look perfect, mine don't look like those. Just want to make sure that I'm not making any mistakes during the installation of Dyndolod.

Edited by Mirelurk123

Any problems with the interface and rules have no correlation to billboards and tree LOD (each tree needs a matching billboard and the log tells you that exactly) or LOD generation hanging (usually resources/files being blocked by UAC or Antivirus)

If something is still vanilla, files from DynDOLOD output are most likley being ovewritten, though only a few trees being vanilla is rather impossible with tree LOD as there can be only one *.LST file and texture atlas. They could be old object LOD though.

The DynDOLOD output is at the bottom of my modlist in MO2. I confirmed the issue was from DynDOLOD by using the LE version of the mod that had pregenerated tree LOD. With DynDOLOD off, I could see the indistinguishable billboards. With DynDOLOD on, it went back to looking like vanilla.

For LOD generation hanging, it only happens on the Medium setting. I started using the High setting and that has worked consistently so I've been doing that instead.

Edited by nanashi

The DynDOLOD output is at the bottom of my modlist in MO2. I confirmed the issue was from DynDOLOD by using the LE version of the mod that had pregenerated tree LOD. With DynDOLOD off, I could see the indistinguishable billboards. With DynDOLOD on, it went back to looking like vanilla.

For LOD generation hanging, it only happens on the Medium setting. I started using the High setting and that has worked consistently so I've been doing that instead.

FAQ: Game: Tree LOD: LOD trees do not match close-up full model trees 

A: Doublecheck billboards and billboard load order. Open console, click on full model tree to get form id like 000185C7. Lookup this FormID top left in xEdit, bringing up the tree reference in the right pane. Find the form id of the 'NAME - Base', like TreeAspen01 [TREE:0006A9E6]. Search in Textures\Terrain\LODGen\ subfolders for files with that number, like TreeAspen01_0006A9E6.dds and TreeAspen01_0006A9E6.txt. Replace files with correct versions. 

A: The DynDOLOD log will print a detailed list for each tree which billboard (and 3D LOD model if applicable) it is using. Use the base form id like 0006A9E6 to easily find the entries in the log.

The "bottom" of MO is not the same as making sure nothing should overwrite the generated LOD files from the output folder. The sort order can be reversed or alphabetical etc, files can be in MOs Overwrite folder. Use the Conflicts tab from the mods Information.
Edited by sheson

Again. After playing several hours in Soltheim. I returned to Skyrim(Windhelm dock exterior). But game crashes when saving with dydndolod esp and esm on.

This time papyrus log barely showes the reason:

[12/25/2018 - 11:59:33PM] VM is freezing...
[12/25/2018 - 11:59:33PM] VM is frozen
[12/25/2018 - 11:59:34PM] Saving game...
[12/25/2018 - 11:59:34PM] Error: Failed to write stack frame 0 in stack 255619121 to save
[12/25/2018 - 11:59:34PM] Error: Failed to write stack 255619121 to save game
[12/25/2018 - 11:59:34PM] Error: Unable to write stacks to save game
[12/25/2018 - 11:59:34PM] Errors occurred while saving the Papyrus save game data

No problem in new game.
No problem without dyndolod.esp and esm.
No problem in Soltheim world.
SE test scripts can't solve the problem.
Edited by Elzee

Again. After playing several hours in Soltheim. I returned to Skyrim(Windhelm dock exterior). But game crashes when saving with dydndolod esp and esm on.

This time papyrus log barely showes the reason:

[12/25/2018 - 11:59:33PM] VM is freezing...
[12/25/2018 - 11:59:33PM] VM is frozen
[12/25/2018 - 11:59:34PM] Saving game...
[12/25/2018 - 11:59:34PM] Error: Failed to write stack frame 0 in stack 255619121 to save
[12/25/2018 - 11:59:34PM] Error: Failed to write stack 255619121 to save game
[12/25/2018 - 11:59:34PM] Error: Unable to write stacks to save game
[12/25/2018 - 11:59:34PM] Errors occurred while saving the Papyrus save game data

No problem in new game.
No problem without dyndolod.esp and esm.
No problem in Soltheim world.
SE test scripts can't solve the problem.

Just disable auto saves?

There is something upsetting the engine obviously. It can't be just the OnCellAttach Events and auto saves alone - as we know it works fine without problems for everybody. You would need to start troubleshooting by removing everything else that does not contribute to the problem until only the things that do contribute are left in the load order. Default game, INIs and all.

Still assuming you are using the updated papyrus scripts for PapyrusUtil or DynDOLOD DLL.

One thing you could try is setting Temporary=1 in DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini so there are less persistent records, so there might be less stuff to go through when entering a new worldspace.

Edited by sheson

Hello, I got a few more questions. You said:

You could try to darken the relevant textures in the atlas texture Textures\DynDOLOD\lod\dyndolodtreelod.dds

I tried to look into that and:

1. If I edit dyndolodtreelod.dds will I have to edit dyndolodtreelod_n.dds too?

2. What tool would you recommend to darken the texture to someone who had never done anything like that before?

3. Did anything change regarding 3d hybrid tree LOD between Dyndolod Standalone 2.35 - Dyndolod Standalone 2.54 and Dyndolod Resources SE 2.30 - Dyndolod Resources SE 2.45? It's just I never noticed those tree trunks before (when using Dyndolod 2.35 and Resources SE 2.30) and now I'm not sure if they've always been like that and I just never noticed or if they really look different now.

Thanks for help in advance and sorry if I'm being annoying ^_^

Oh, and (a kinda late) Merry Christmas

Edited by Mirelurk123

Just disable auto saves?

There is something upsetting the engine obviously. It can't be just the OnCellAttach Events and auto saves alone - as we know it works fine without problems for everybody. You would need to start troubleshooting by removing everything else that does not contribute to the problem until only the things that do contribute are left in the load order. Default game, INIs and all.

Still assuming you are using the updated papyrus scripts for PapyrusUtil or DynDOLOD DLL.

One thing you could try is setting Temporary=1 in DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini so there are less persistent records, so there might be less stuff to go through when entering a new worldspace.

I think so. Manual save will also crash this time.

I think some thing reached limte as I've installed 550 mods.

It will be very hard to trouble shooting because the problem only happens on a heavily modded and long time(300+hours) played save.

Only I can try is regenerate/reinstall dyndolod or uninstall something else seems unstable. 

Edited by Elzee

Hello, I got a few more questions. You said:

I tried to look into that and:

1. If I edit dyndolodtreelod.dds will I have to edit dyndolodtreelod_n.dds too?

2. What tool would you recommend to darken the texture to someone who had never done anything like that before?

3. Did anything change regarding 3d hybrid tree LOD between Dyndolod Standalone 2.35 - Dyndolod Standalone 2.54 and Dyndolod Resources SE 2.30 - Dyndolod Resources SE 2.45? It's just I never noticed those tree trunks before (when using Dyndolod 2.35 and Resources SE 2.30) and now I'm not sure if they've always been like that and I just never noticed or if they really look different now.

Thanks for help in advance and sorry if I'm being annoying ^_^

Oh, and (a kinda late) Merry Christmas

1. no

2. any image program will do, if it doesn't support dds format, convert with an external tool like texconv.

3. maybe, the all sides of the trunks now equally react to light, instead of a too bright and too dark side.

• +1 1

I think so. Manual save will also crash this time.

I think some thing reached limte as I've installed 550 mods.

It will be very hard to trouble shooting because the problem only happens on a heavily modded and long time(300+hours) played save.

Only I can try is regenerate/reinstall dyndolod or uninstall something else seems unstable. 

I can see how an automatic save while entering a new worldspace might confuse things while data for the worldspace is loaded and scripts are executed. When you do a manual save later, then at that point nothing is active or running unless you do it while moving across cell borders. There is no mod limit. There is a plugin and open files limit (mitigated by SSE Engine Fixes)

Ok, thanks for help.

Btw. is there a way to download an older version of Dyndolod Resources SE (2.30 specifically)? I tried searching Dyndolod's Nexus page but the oldest I could find was 2.43.

No, there is no use to keep old versions with bugs around that have been fixed in newer versions.

I can see how an automatic save while entering a new worldspace might confuse things while data for the worldspace is loaded and scripts are executed. When you do a manual save later, then at that point nothing is active or running unless you do it while moving across cell borders. There is no mod limit. There is a plugin and open files limit (mitigated by SSE Engine Fixes)

Thank you for the info. I'll try to disable autosave on cell load.