DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Hi there,

When I comment out "LabyrinthianMazeWorld (Shalidor's Maze) - Skyrim.esm" in "DynDOLOD_SSE_worldspace_ignore.txt" I no longer see it appear on the DynDOLOD Worlds list.  I have "BSHeartland (Tamriel) - bsheartland.esm" commented and that appears on the list as expected.

In previous versions, when I commented LabyrinthianMazeWorld, it did appear on the list.  I have reinstalled DynDOLOD.  Anything else I should try?

Regards.

Hi there,

When I comment out "LabyrinthianMazeWorld (Shalidor's Maze) - Skyrim.esm" in "DynDOLOD_SSE_worldspace_ignore.txt" I no longer see it appear on the DynDOLOD Worlds list.  I have "BSHeartland (Tamriel) - bsheartland.esm" commented and that appears on the list as expected.

In previous versions, when I commented LabyrinthianMazeWorld, it did appear on the list.  I have reinstalled DynDOLOD.  Anything else I should try?

Regards.

Only world with a valid LOD settings file will be considered for LOD generation. The vanilla game has no LOD setting file for LabyrinthianMazeWorld.

The unofficial patch includes a LOD settings file for it.

There is no point in generating LOD for LabyrinthianMazeWorld. It is too small and there are no visual improvements.

Latest nightly with the DynDoLod friendly changes. Currently using the changes that remove libloot python but I have seen it work correctly. If there are any bash tags not being recognized please post that in the Wrye Bash discord after looking at the LOOT masterlist first. There are different versions of the masterlist for the different syntaxes.

Zanderat and DarthVitrial see how that version works for you.

Edited by Sharlikran

Latest nightly with the DynDoLod friendly changes. Currently using the changes that remove libloot python but I have seen it work correctly. If there are any bash tags not being recognized please post that in the Wrye Bash discord after looking at the LOOT masterlist first. There are different versions of the masterlist for the different syntaxes.

Zanderat and DarthVitrial see how that version works for you.

On it.

I've run DynDOLOD on multiple occasions and never ran into anything like this. I'm looking for some help to point me in the right direction to figure this out.

Here's my LOG and BUG REPORT

The log makes it look like it's failing when it's processing patches from Cutting Room Floor, but it also mentions file ID 90, which is a merge of several audio patches I've put together. The weird part is that when I remove the conflict resolution patch I'm building at the bottom of the load order, DynDOLOD runs fine.

xEdit is not finding any errors for the conflict resolution patch or the merged audio patches. Can someone point me in the right direction to figure this out? Will any more information be helpful?

BTW: the merged audio patches includes Dreams and Nightmares, which does edit worldspace and cell records to change the music type, but I've included that same mod inside of a merge in a previous load order and DynDOLOD worked fine then.

Thanks!

I've run DynDOLOD on multiple occasions and never ran into anything like this. I'm looking for some help to point me in the right direction to figure this out.

The log makes it look like it's failing when it's processing patches from Cutting Room Floor, but it also mentions file ID 90, which is a merge of several audio patches I've put together. The weird part is that when I remove the conflict resolution patch I'm building at the bottom of the load order, DynDOLOD runs fine.

xEdit is not finding any errors for the conflict resolution patch or the merged audio patches. Can someone point me in the right direction to figure this out? Will any more information be helpful?

BTW: the merged audio patches includes Dreams and Nightmares, which does edit worldspace and cell records to change the music type, but I've included that same mod inside of a merge in a previous load order and DynDOLOD worked fine then.

Thanks!

From the log:

Exception in unit userscript line 249: Load order FileID [90] can not be mapped to file FileID for file "DynDOLOD.esp"
Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.

FAQ: DynDOLOD.exe: Load order FileID [xx] can not be mapped to file FileID for file xxx.esp

A: There is a plugin in the load order with errors. Check the load order for errors with xEdit.exe before generating LOD. Fix all errors. See this video for help. 

Probably caused by plugin # 90 Audio Patches Merged.esp

Remove it and see if it runs through. If it does it means the plugin is broken and needs to be created again.

If created with Wrye Bash, use newer version from couple posts above https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13894-dyndolod-beta-for-skyrim-special-edition-and-skyrim-vr-281/page-125?p=239247&do=findComment&comment=239247

Edited by sheson

Thanks!

LOOT does not analyze plugins. So when you see warnings like, "this plugins has errors" then that's hand entered text that shows up when the plugin is in your data folder. xEdit check for errors checks for things like out of order subrecords, missing references which show up as , and records that should not be part of certain subrecords like when you see Found a NULL reference, expected: ACHR,ACRE,PBEA.

There could be 10 really important issues that users should be aware of in any plugin and I will bet xEdit doesn't check for any of them. The only tool with actual error checking is the CK.

I suggest reviewing The Method. There is a new section with dangers on compacting plugins. Because sheson's answer was RTM and possibly rebuild the mreged mods. No modding tool authors can work with broken plugins.

Edited by Sharlikran

From the log:

Exception in unit userscript line 249: Load order FileID [90] can not be mapped to file FileID for file "DynDOLOD.esp"
Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.

FAQ: DynDOLOD.exe: Load order FileID [xx] can not be mapped to file FileID for file xxx.esp

A: There is a plugin in the load order with errors. Check the load order for errors with xEdit.exe before generating LOD. Fix all errors. See this video for help. 

Probably caused by plugin # 90 Audio Patches Merged.esp

Remove it and see if it runs through. If it does it means the plugin is broken and needs to be created again.

If created with Wrye Bash, use newer version from couple posts above https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13894-dyndolod-beta-for-skyrim-special-edition-and-skyrim-vr-281/page-125?p=239247&do=findComment&comment=239247

Thanks for the reply!

Like I mentioned, DynDOLOD works just fine with the merged audio patches plugin so long as I remove the Conflict Resolution plugin at the end. I've been patching everything by hand in xEdit, which is where the conflict resolution plugin comes from. And like I said, xEdit reports no errors between those two plugins.  What type of errors am I looking for, specifically?  With the entire load order, I have a few tint mask issues to sort out and the normal errors that some of Enai's mods give you, but nothing that would effect cell or worldspace records, which I assume would be the problem.

Thanks again for the help!

LOOT does not analyze plugins. So when you see warnings like, "this plugins has errors" then that's hand entered text that shows up when the plugin is in your data folder. xEdit check for errors checks for things like out of order subrecords, missing references which show up as < Error: Could not be resolved >, and records that should not be part of certain subrecords like when you see Found a NULL reference, expected: ACHR,ACRE,PBEA.

There could be 10 really important issues that users should be aware of in any plugin and I will bet xEdit doesn't check for any of them. The only tool with actual error checking is the CK.

I suggest reviewing The Method. There is a new section with dangers on compacting plugins. Because sheson's answer was RTM and possibly rebuild the mreged mods. No modding tool authors can work with broken plugins.

Thanks, I'll try to check for errors using the CK and see if that shows anything. The merged mod causes no problems for DynDOLOD as long as my conflict resolution plugin is disabled, so it seems like a winning record of some kind in there is causing the problem. Just trying to figure out which one.

Thanks for the reply!

Like I mentioned, DynDOLOD works just fine with the merged audio patches plugin so long as I remove the Conflict Resolution plugin at the end. I've been patching everything by hand in xEdit, which is where the conflict resolution plugin comes from. And like I said, xEdit reports no errors between those two plugins.  What type of errors am I looking for, specifically?  With the entire load order, I have a few tint mask issues to sort out and the normal errors that some of Enai's mods give you, but nothing that would effect cell or worldspace records, which I assume would be the problem.

Thanks, I'll try to check for errors using the CK and see if that shows anything. The merged mod causes no problems for DynDOLOD as long as my conflict resolution plugin is disabled, so it seems like a winning record of some kind in there is causing the problem. Just trying to figure out which one.

If the error still happens at "Processing 5 patches from DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_cuttingroomflooresp_tamriel.patch", check the plugin is at the load order hex number that is mentioned in the error message.

If that does not help check the last plugin to overwrites 0001A280 or 0001A26F.

xEdit checks for some typical logical errors made by CK and people. Patchers, tools can create wrong data when saving/creating plugins which only trigger checks in xEdit or cause problems if records are accessed for copying.

If the error still happens at "Processing 5 patches from DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_cuttingroomflooresp_tamriel.patch", check the plugin is at the load order hex number that is mentioned in the error message.

If that does not help check the last plugin to overwrites 0001A280 or 0001A26F.

xEdit checks for some typical logical errors made by CK and people. Patchers, tools can create wrong data when saving/creating plugins which only trigger checks in xEdit or cause problems if records are accessed for copying.

Let me check to make sure I understand what you're saying... The error does consistently happen at "Processing 5 patches from DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_cuttingroomflooresp_tamriel.patch" when I have the conflict resolution plugin enabled, so I need to verify that the audio patches merged plugin is at load order index [90]? I've definitely verified that Audio Patches Merged.esp is at index [90].

Here's a question about the load order index... the log indicates load order index [90] is causing the problem, but the bug report mentions load order index [94]. Does that seem weird?

And I will definitely check on 0001A280 and 0001A26F as you mentioned, but what am I looking for there? I'll be home later this evening and I'll be able to look into this more then.

Let me check to make sure I understand what you're saying... The error does consistently happen at "Processing 5 patches from DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_cuttingroomflooresp_tamriel.patch" when I have the conflict resolution plugin enabled, so I need to verify that the audio patches merged plugin is at load order index [90]? I've definitely verified that Audio Patches Merged.esp is at index [90].

Here's a question about the load order index... the log indicates load order index [90] is causing the problem, but the bug report mentions load order index [94]. Does that seem weird?

And I will definitely check on 0001A280 and 0001A26F as you mentioned, but what am I looking for there? I'll be home later this evening and I'll be able to look into this more then.

The other way around. The error message "Load order FileID [xx] can not be mapped to file FileID for file xxx.esp" gives a hint wich plugin to check for error first.

e.g. the plugin that is listed at load order xx hex at the beginning of  the log for that same generation.

Both the log and the bugreport are being appeneded to, so if you see different numbers, it means they are not from the same generation attempt, just scroll down/up to he next run. Best to delete both files before testing  a new run to not get confused by older reports and log entries.

i got no bugs or problems. just wanted to let you a big thanks here! dyndolod is meanwhile well known and the results are, especially together with sselodgen terrain, outstanding. 

You are welcome.