DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Thank you so much for your help! I just disabled the Bashed Patch while running Dynolod and that fixed the issue.

This means the Bashed Patch is broken and needs to be deleted. Use a newer Wrye Bash version to create a valid Bashed Patch.

xLODGen presses on, while DynDOLOD will stop.

The occlusion might be wrong for the affected cells. You might end up seeing holes in the LOD far away. If you spot no issues then don't worry about it.

Test if you can open the mentioned *.BTO in NifSkope.

Either way, if you could zip them and upload somewhere for me to check,  that would be great.

I let DynDOLOD ran a second time and there were no errors and the same with creating occlusion data via xLODGen.

But I habe another question about fake lights:

Is it somehow possible to just disable them for giantfires? I know I could reduce the brightniss of the FXGlow mesh inside the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini or edit the meshfiles (in resources) direct per hand or I just could disable all fake lights.

The reason I ask explicit for the giant fires is, because the fake light on these look so off...they are too huge/bright. And I don't want to mess around with the settings, cause the rest of the fake light glow lods look just fine.

ENB off: scbqs9ka.png

ENB on: clhr92to.png

Edited by PRieST

I let DynDOLOD ran a second time and there were no errors and the same with creating occlusion data via xLODGen.

But I habe another question about fake lights:

Is it somehow possible to just disable them for giantfires? I know I could reduce the brightniss of the FXGlow mesh inside the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini or edit the meshfiles (in resources) direct per hand or I just could disable all fake lights.

The reason I ask explicit for the giant fires is, because the fake light on these look so off...they are too huge/bright. And I don't want to mess around with the settings, cause the rest of the fake light glow lods look just fine.

ENB off:

ENB on:

There are no setting to control them separately at generation time. The same setting applies to all.

After LOD generation, edit the base record in the DynDOLOD plugin. Make a new copy, edit it to use one of the other Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\effects\fxglow*_dyndolod.nif and update the reference to use the new base record afterwards.

Edited by sheson

FakeLightsIntensity=4 Fixed it for me. 

Before:

1265-1587049764.png

After:

1265-1589684889.png

Will try this the next time I'll run DynDOLOD.

There are no setting to control them separately at generation time. The same setting applies to all.

After LOD generation, edit the base record in the DynDOLOD plugin. Make a new copy, edit it to use one of the other Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\effects\fxglow*_dyndolod.nif and update the reference to use the new base record afterwards.

Ok, maybe I edited the wrong records as I saw no difference ingame...or maybe I did something wrong.

I copied one of the 'fxglowfillrnd' records inside the DynDOLOD.esm (first I created a copy of one of the meshes to make use of it for the giants) and pointed the record to my 'new' mesh. After I've done this, I searched for the 'sleeping tree camp' record (I took a look at the 'referenced records') and there I set the 'new' base record.

After doing so I had to save both files (DynDOLOD.esm and .esp).

But afterwards I think I edited the wrong records/meshes, because the orange glow is applied by one of the 'fxglowdefault_dyndolod_lod.nif', isn't it?

So, where can I find the records which make use of these meshes (in my case it has to be 'fxglowdefault6_dyndolod_lod.nif' as the 6 was set in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini in the last run)?

Edited by PRieST

I'm getting some flickering from the following lods:

SMaingate.nif
SEastEmpireCO.nif
CWTower.nif
SCWGate.nif
RockCliff07.nif

There's a few others as well in the solitude area that look very low res and looks like textures haven't been added. One example is SErikur House_Lod.nif.

Please see attached. Lemme know if you need anything else.

https://pastebin.com/WMm0U2ED

Edited by aeternitatum

I'm getting some flickering from the following lods:

SMaingate.nif

SEastEmpireCO.nif

CWTower.nif

SCWGate.nif

RockCliff07.nif

There's a few others as well in the solitude area that look very low res and looks like textures haven't been added. One example is SErikur House_Lod.nif.

Please see attached. Lemme know if you need anything else.

https://pastebin.com/WMm0U2ED

FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models 

A: If LOD was generated for a different load order generate LOD for the current load order.

A: Test with new game, wait in the exterior for the DynDOLOD initialized message before moving. If problem goes away, the updating of an existing save game with old DynDOLOD.esp went wrong. Follow instructions how to update save game with a new DynDOLOD.esp. RTFM, watch the video  or check DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM. The clean save routine can also be redone with the same plugin to reset everything. 

A: If the load order had script lag and deactivating/activating from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM main page does not reset out of place objects, do the clean save routine where "old" and "new" plugin are the same. Consider generating less demanding dynamic LOD, see 'Performance' section in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html 

A: Wild edit added by a plugin. Check the DynDOLOD log for messages about wild edits. Use console in the game and click on object to retrieve the form id. Look up the form id in xEdit and remove the reference, clean plugin afterwards. Notify mod author. If object is added by DynDOLOD.esp, follow the "pluginname_formid" information found in the Editor ID of the reference to find the plugin from which this object originates. 

A: Deleted record by a dirty plugin. Check the log for messages about deleted references by dirty plugins. Clean all UDRs and ITMs from dirty plugins.

A: Sometimes LOD objects are placed on top of other objects without LOD and thus appear to float in the distance. Use mesh rules so that the object has no LOD or that the other object also has LOD. 

A: Game engine limitation. If the game enables objects that have static object LOD, the entire static object LOD for a cell may briefly show with the full models at the same time. Since now more objects have LOD this might be more obvious than before, especially while playing the intro. Consider installing the generated LOD mod after completing the intro. 

A: If the problems is stuck object LOD in Whiterun after fast travel, change Distant Object Detail on the View Distance tab of the Advanced options of the games launcher from Ultra to High. Alternatively try just slightly changing the value fBlockLevel0Distance=60000 in SkyrimPrefs.ini to 57000. 

A: Some mods are made with disregard to generating LOD or require updated rules and configs for best compatibility. This is especially true with mods modifying the walled cities. Users are asked and welcome to provide feedback to https://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support in order to get everything working with as much compatibility as possible. Include a link to the mod and screenshots (with console / form id) about issues if possible. 

A: Flickering textures (full and LOD model showing at the same time) in Skyrim Special Edition and Skyrim VR are caused by plugins triggering the large reference bugs as explained in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html. Verify if the problem goes away by setting uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in SkyrimPrefs.ini.

Will try this the next time I'll run DynDOLOD.

Ok, maybe I edited the wrong records as I saw no difference ingame...or maybe I did something wrong.

I copied one of the 'fxglowfillrnd' records inside the DynDOLOD.esm (first I created a copy of one of the meshes to make use of it for the giants) and pointed the record to my 'new' mesh. After I've done this, I searched for the 'sleeping tree camp' record (I took a look at the 'referenced records') and there I set the 'new' base record.

After doing so I had to save both files (DynDOLOD.esm and .esp).

But afterwards I think I edited the wrong records/meshes, because the orange glow is applied by one of the 'fxglowdefault_dyndolod_lod.nif', isn't it?

So, where can I find the records which make use of these meshes (in my case it has to be 'fxglowdefault6_dyndolod_lod.nif' as the 6 was set in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini in the last run)?

Open console and click the LOD glow when the fire is outside the loaded cells to get its reference form id.

Open console and click the LOD glow when the fire is outside the loaded cells to get its reference form id.

Ok, wanted to try it, but I think I found whats causing the bright shine (at least in my case):

It's because of VolumetricMists.esp with it's 'misttest_1.nif'. I deleted all of them around a giant fire and the glow was gone, I deactivated the plugin itself -> no bright shine.

So I think only workaround for this will be

1st Deleting volumetric mists or

2nd edit the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to reduce the brightness of all the fakelights and see if that helps or

3rd delete only a few records from volumetric mists, but as it are only about 25 records or so all in all that would destruct the whole sense of that mod.

Ok, wanted to try it, but I think I found whats causing the bright shine (at least in my case):

It's because of VolumetricMists.esp with it's 'misttest_1.nif'. I deleted all of them around a giant fire and the glow was gone, I deactivated the plugin itself -> no bright shine.

2nd edit the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to reduce the brightness of all the fakelights and see if that helps or

3rd delete only a few records from volumetric mists, but as it are only about 25 records or so all in all that would destruct the whole sense of that mod.

So the problem is too many glow effect NIFs overlapping in the same area? You can also just remove the references from the generated  DynDOLOD plugin if dimming doesn't help.

FYI.  That is why I used FakeLightsIntensity=4.  I am using Volumetric Mists, too. Edited by Zanderat

So I tested a bit further.
Deleting or editing the records inside DynDOLOD.esm/esp doesn't change anything ingame. I even tried to edit the original glow, which is coming from ELFX - Exteriors, but this huuge glow is still there.

I can't find any references inside DynDOLOD which points to volumetric mists, so there I can't do anything. I made some screenshots of the 'talking rocks camp' where I had to delete 5 or 6 'misttest_1.nif' meshes until I even could see the 'FXGlowFillRndLitBrt.nif' (which infact isn't causing the bright, huge glow, as I disabled it with a little patch, and loaded the save again, the little glow was gone, but not the huge one.
I haven't any more ideas, so I think I'll let run DynDOLOD again with the suggested setting by Zanderat.

h86r7syw.png
5fsg2j9s.png
idrs9rko.png
ur4z8c3z.png
7kvc5j7g.png
e3qis4hf.png

Edited by PRieST

So I tested a bit further.

Deleting or editing the records inside DynDOLOD.esm/esp doesn't change anything ingame. I even tried to edit the original glow, which is coming from ELFX - Exteriors, but this huuge glow is still there.

I can't find any references inside DynDOLOD which points to volumetric mists, so there I can't do anything. I made some screenshots of the 'talking rocks camp' where I had to delete 5 or 6 'misttest_1.nif' meshes until I even could see the 'FXGlowFillRndLitBrt.nif' (which infact isn't causing the bright, huge glow, as I disabled it with a little patch, and loaded the save again, the little glow was gone, but not the huge one.

I haven't any more ideas, so I think I'll let run DynDOLOD again with the suggested setting by Zanderat.

If there are no references from DynDOLOD, then I am not sure what you expect to change in regards to DynDOLOD. Are the screenshots showing LOD?

If all the glow is coming from another plugin, then you need to address the problem in that plugin or its used assets.