DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

But tree LODs use your texture file. I can correct brightness for example DynDoLOD_Tamriel.dds in graphic editor after generation. Why I can't correct it in DynDoLOD before generation?

Atlas textures are generated from the single textures defined in the LOD models.

Will be fine if you release correcting atlas brightness feature.

As already explained, there is no need to change brightness of object LOD textures which are used by LOD models that have normals, bi/tangents and normal map textures as they react properly to light and do not change wrongly/drastically based on weather/ENB settings like tree LOD billboards that do not have any of that.

As already explained, there is no distinction of shapes/textures in the LOD models to specifically target. Everything that is red in the screenshot and not a billboard would be equally affected by any such changes.

As already explained, if you want LOD models to use different textures, then you need to change the single LOD textures beforehand or modify the LOD models.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey sheson, I've read the FAQ about ILS's and you recommended to use OSA Allocators and some ENBoost tweak for original Skyrim users. I know you said generally SSE users don't experience it, but I have been recently, and at least from the FAQ there wasn't any clear solutions to ILS's on SSE

It's a bit of a stretch still to see DynDOLOD as the culprit, but I'd like to ask for advice in tackling this issue in general. I suspect the issue probably has something to do with exterior worldspaces and perhaps LOD in general to some extent, as the ILSs don't occur in interior cells. 

I have updated from a previous DynDOLOD version on my current save (2.73-2.74) without any issues at first sight. I followed the instructions carefully and checked the logs for noticeable errors, to which I found none.

Hey sheson, I've read the FAQ about ILS's and you recommended to use OSA Allocators and some ENBoost tweak for original Skyrim users. I know you said generally SSE users don't experience it, but I have been recently, and at least from the FAQ there wasn't any clear solutions to ILS's on SSE

It's a bit of a stretch still to see DynDOLOD as the culprit, but I'd like to ask for advice in tackling this issue in general. I suspect the issue probably has something to do with exterior worldspaces and perhaps LOD in general to some extent, as the ILSs don't occur in interior cells. 

I have updated from a previous DynDOLOD version on my current save (2.73-2.74) without any issues at first sight. I followed the instructions carefully and checked the logs for noticeable errors, to which I found none.

I have no advice for ILS with SSE. There are no memory issues that stop the engine from loading AFAIK. I suggest to do the usual troubleshooting through elimination.

Thanks for the reply.

The usual thing where I check every single plugin I got installed? That'll be a pain. The thing is, it'll be hard to troubleshoot since this ILS thing doesn't occur all the time, usually after a couple minutes or so into a play session or after some cell transitions. 

I tried testing on a test save and so far I haven't had any issues though. Seems to point towards save corruption but I don't know how that could be the case with no uninstalled mods. 

Thanks for the reply.

The usual thing where I check every single plugin I got installed? That'll be a pain. The thing is, it'll be hard to troubleshoot since this ILS thing doesn't occur all the time, usually after a couple minutes or so into a play session or after some cell transitions. 

I tried testing on a test save and so far I haven't had any issues though. Seems to point towards save corruption but I don't know how that could be the case with no uninstalled mods. 

The LOD mod generated by DynDOLOD is a very simple mod. It contains meshes and textures and very basic base records and references in the plugins. When needed it copies the winning overwrite records from other plugins in the load order. In Skyrim ILS is caused by the vanilla memory allocation when the game requires more memory. It's happens normally simply because of using mods mods or high INI settings. There is no such problem anymore in Skyrim Special Edition, though Engine Fixes still offers the alternative allocator but also much more important fixes.

Removing all or parts of the LOD mod is the quickest and more or less only way to determine any connection or cause to DynDOLOD. If there is no connection, then I can not really help with the troubleshooting.

Just because an existing save shows a different behavior than a new save does not mean it is "corrupted". Just like with ILS in Skyrim, it can mean a certain condition was reached that causes a deadlock in the engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Question about DynDOLOD v2.7.5.

The DynDOLOD_SSE.ini file now contains the section:

"

; !!! NO NEED TO COMMENT OUT ANYTHING FOR OPEN CITIES !!!
;
; Parent world name
[skyrim Tamriel]

IgnoreIfPluginExists=OpenCities, Open Cities
"

But if you go along with that, I'm back to getting a pop-up when attempting generation:

"Found Open Cities Skyrim.esp. Do not load this mod when generating LOD. Restart and uncheck from Master/Plugin list."

So which is it ? =) Is there a step I'm missing somewhere that's new since v2.7.3 (the last time I ran this stuff) ?

Question about DynDOLOD v2.7.5.

The DynDOLOD_SSE.ini file now contains the section:

"

; !!! NO NEED TO COMMENT OUT ANYTHING FOR OPEN CITIES !!!

;

; Parent world name

[skyrim Tamriel]

IgnoreIfPluginExists=OpenCities, Open Cities

"

But if you go along with that, I'm back to getting a pop-up when attempting generation:

"Found Open Cities Skyrim.esp. Do not load this mod when generating LOD. Restart and uncheck from Master/Plugin list."

So which is it ? =) Is there a step I'm missing somewhere that's new since v2.7.3 (the last time I ran this stuff) ?

Sorry for the reply to myself, I couldn't figure out how to edit the post.

Specifically, I was attempting the second step of generation with Open Cities per the docs :

"Now start DynDOLOD.exe with all mods and Open Cities Skyrim in the load order and start DynDOLOD.exe and click to the advanced options. Uncheck 'Generate static LOD', 'Create Atlas' and 'Generate tree LOD'. Check 'Generate DynDOLOD' and start the process."

It was a few seconds into the generation of the DynDOLOD skse/plugins that it gave me the error. Any help or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Sorry for the reply to myself, I couldn't figure out how to edit the post.

Specifically, I was attempting the second step of generation with Open Cities per the docs :

"Now start DynDOLOD.exe with all mods and Open Cities Skyrim in the load order and start DynDOLOD.exe and click to the advanced options. Uncheck 'Generate static LOD', 'Create Atlas' and 'Generate tree LOD'. Check 'Generate DynDOLOD' and start the process."

It was a few seconds into the generation of the DynDOLOD skse/plugins that it gave me the error. Any help or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Yay, another reply to myself ! =)

Looks like the "don't comment stuff out" comment doesn't mean you can skip the WarnModFileName line yet. Ah well. nm.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sheson,

I can appreciate this isn't a problem with Dyndolod per se, just after a bit of advice. I'm using the Skyrim LE version of EVT in SSE, along with ELOS Standalone Oaks and RAT. If I set TreeLOD=0 and TreeFullFallBack=0 all of my pine trees from EVT and the oaks from ELOS are full model at LOD4, this eventually leads to ILS after half hour or so of playtime. There is one model of Vurts snow trees included with EVT that is showing the correct 3D Hybrid LOD, RAT also has the 3D Hybrid LOD.

If I set TreeFullFallBack=1, all of my LOD4 pines now become 2D Billboards, apart from the 1 Vurt tree that stays as a Hybrid. RAT also stays as Hybrids, and the ELOS is still full model.

I suppose my question is, why are the Pine trees from EVT displaying as full model and not 3D Hybrids? I was under the impression that 3D Hybrid trees are included with EVT, and the SSE EVT version is botched in some way. Whats your suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Hi Sheson,

I can appreciate this isn't a problem with Dyndolod per se, just after a bit of advice. I'm using the Skyrim LE version of EVT in SSE, along with ELOS Standalone Oaks and RAT. If I set TreeLOD=0 and TreeFullFallBack=0 all of my pine trees from EVT and the oaks from ELOS are full model at LOD4, this eventually leads to ILS after half hour or so of playtime. There is one model of Vurts snow trees included with EVT that is showing the correct 3D Hybrid LOD, RAT also has the 3D Hybrid LOD.

If I set TreeFullFallBack=1, all of my LOD4 pines now become 2D Billboards, apart from the 1 Vurt tree that stays as a Hybrid. RAT also stays as Hybrids, and the ELOS is still full model.

I suppose my question is, why are the Pine trees from EVT displaying as full model and not 3D Hybrids? I was under the impression that 3D Hybrid trees are included with EVT, and the SSE EVT version is botched in some way. Whats your suggestion? Thanks in advance.

If LOD4 is set to static LOD, then TreeFullFallBack with only fall back to full model if no 3D LOD model is found. The log will tell you for which tree a 3D LOD model, billboard or full model is used. You did not post any logs.