DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

I use 3D tree LODs and generate LODs for curret load order of course.

s9VUPQtYOr8.jpg

You see this? Two tree LODs from one root and two tops. Also this trees are X from two flat meshes, not hibrid 3D. TreeFullFallBack=0 resolve this.

If you have 2 trees with each having 2 planes, then there are either 2 trees placed there or maybe traditional tree LOD is not disabled and shows on top of the billboard trees in object LOD.

Edited by sheson

Thx, I will try to play around. Is there a max value, or multiplier for the lod settings? Or a point it becomes useless? BethINI doesnt really seem to have a limit. I tried lod 4 at 75000 and it seem to have no impact on performance.

DynDOLOD does not change how LOD works or the engine works.

Read the chapter How LOD works in Skyrim.

For example, it tells you the max draw distance is about a 100 cells and that a cell is 4096 units.

Maybe also have a look at https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:SkyrimPrefs_INI or other resources that explain INI settings.

Hey Sheson,

Sorry to bother you (again) with your fantastic tool,

I was wondering if it possible that the lod meshes of "wrhousewind01" from the DynDOLOD Resource are rotated by 180°.

I thought about that first because I did a quick generation for my Load Order to test stuff and all,

and the house added by Cutting Room Floor just outside the Whiterun entrance (XX01A429) seems to be rotated by 180° compared to the actual model.

After some investigation, I noticed that the LOD meshes in the resources (wrhousewind01_lod_0.nif, ...) are also rotated by 180° compared to the vanilla LOD meshe for this house (wrhousewind01lod_lod) and the vanilla full meshe (wrhousewind01.nif).

I know that maybe it is intentional but just in case :)

Cheers-

I try to found all problem trees in EVT, for example I see this in log

DLC2TreePineForestAsh01 [TREE:04017F72] meshes\dlc02\landscape\trees\treepineforestash01.nif
Billboard found, replaced tree, 3D LOD not found <treepineforestash01_05AD7632> fallback Full Model

but I found treepineforestash01_E31C92EApassthru_lod.nif in meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\trees\. Where is bug?

I try to found all problem trees in EVT, for example I see this in log

DLC2TreePineForestAsh01 [TREE:04017F72] meshes\dlc02\landscape\trees\treepineforestash01.nif
Billboard found, replaced tree, 3D LOD not found <treepineforestash01_05AD7632> fallback Full Model
but I found treepineforestash01_E31C92EApassthru_lod.nif in meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\trees\. Where is bug?

The log tells you that the matching 3D tree LOD file name needs to be treepineforestash01_05AD7632.

treepineforestash01_E31C92EA is not equal to treepineforestash01_05AD7632

Edited by sheson

DynDOLOD does not change how LOD works or the engine works.

Read the chapter How LOD works in Skyrim.

For example, it tells you the max draw distance is about a 100 cells and that a cell is 4096 units.

Maybe also have a look at https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:SkyrimPrefs_INI or other resources that explain INI settings.

Hi sir,

These are the settings I am talking about.

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:SkyrimPrefs_INI/TerrainManager

I might sound like a newb but does fBlock1LevelDistance begin after fBlock0LevelDistance? Is a max value for say fBlock0LevelDistance and fSplitDistanceMult specificly?  Or is this all covered in the chapter you refer to that I should read?

100 x 4096 ... so if I set LOD Level 4 to 406,600 does that mean level 16 would never even be used?  And 

Hi sir,

These are the settings I am talking about.

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:SkyrimPrefs_INI/TerrainManager

I might sound like a newb but does fBlock1LevelDistance begin after fBlock0LevelDistance? Is a max value for say fBlock0LevelDistance and fSplitDistanceMult specificly?  Or is this all covered in the chapter you refer to that I should read?

100 x 4096 ... so if I set LOD Level 4 to 406,600 does that mean level 16 would never even be used?  And

Read the chapter How LOD works in Skyrim in the DynDOLOD manual.

For example, it explains which INI setting affects which LOD level.

If you set insane values for LOD level 4 then most likely LOD level 8/16/32 will not be visible.

It goes without saying that higher LOD level should have higher values than lower LOD levels.

???

Does DynDoLOD support RWT 2.0 and higher?

RWT uses an ESP that modifies large references and thus causes large reference bugs. So like many other mods it is per se incompatible with Skyrim Special Edition.

So far there is nothing special about the mod that requires any special treatment from DynDOLOD AFAIK.

Cell water is part of terrain LOD. If a plugin adds water planes as object references they get dynamic LOD - which is not limited to the single LOD water shader of cell water in the terrain LOD.

If you have visual issues I suggest to read the manual and FAQ first and then make a post showing and explaining the problem in detail.

Let me copy a FAQ answer that might be relevant:

A: Wild edit added by a plugin. Check the DynDOLOD log for messages about wild edits. Use console in the game and click on object to retrieve the form id. Look up the form id in xEdit and remove the reference, clean plugin afterwards. Notify mod author. If object is added by DynDOLOD.esp, follow the "pluginname_formid" information found in the Editor ID of the reference to find the plugin from which this object originates. 

Edited by sheson

Hey Sheson,

Sorry to bother you (again) with your fantastic tool,

I was wondering if it possible that the lod meshes of "wrhousewind01" from the DynDOLOD Resource are rotated by 180°.

I thought about that first because I did a quick generation for my Load Order to test stuff and all,

and the house added by Cutting Room Floor just outside the Whiterun entrance (XX01A429) seems to be rotated by 180° compared to the actual model.

After some investigation, I noticed that the LOD meshes in the resources (wrhousewind01_lod_0.nif, ...) are also rotated by 180° compared to the vanilla LOD meshe for this house (wrhousewind01lod_lod) and the vanilla full meshe (wrhousewind01.nif).

I know that maybe it is intentional but just in case :)

Cheers-

In addition to my previous post (which may have been lost in the forum feed), I would like to share a small oddity I found during DynDOLOD generation.

It appears that DynDOLOD does not treat .ESP with ESM flag like "real" .ESM concerning the Large reference handling.

I was wondering what could cause the larges references to flicker on various buildings while DynDOLOD report that no Large reference are being overwritten by ESP.

Of course I was using few plugins (ESP) which overwrite the Larges References initially, but (thanks to DynDOLOD logs) I added the ESM flag on them and use the "Skyrim SE - Generate Large References" script*.

Then, running SSELODGen doesn't make the Large Reference to flicker, but DynDOLOD does:

-After some investigation, I noticed that the "BSDistantObjectLargeRefExtraData DOLRED" flag was correctly set on the large reference with SSELODGen, but not with DynDOLOD.

-After some random testing, I noticed that changing the extension of the ESP plugin (with the ESM flag) to ESM fixed everything and DynDOLOD correctly put the "BSDistantObjectLargeRefExtraData DOLRED" flag.

I'm aware it is a very specific use case though...

Cheers-

* Without using the script no flickering occurs but of course also no new large reference.

Edited by Abendaron

In addition to my previous post (which may have been lost in the forum feed), I would like to share a small oddity I found during DynDOLOD generation.

It appears that DynDOLOD does not treat .ESP with ESM flag like "real" .ESM concerning the Large reference handling.

I was wondering what could cause the larges references to flicker on various buildings while DynDOLOD report that no Large reference are being overwritten by ESP.

Of course I was using few plugins (ESP) which overwrite the Larges References initially, but (thanks to DynDOLOD logs) I added the ESM flag on them and use the "Skyrim SE - Generate Large References" script*.

Then, running SSELODGen doesn't make the Large Reference to flicker, but DynDOLOD does:

-After some investigation, I noticed that the "BSDistantObjectLargeRefExtraData DOLRED" flag was correctly set on the large reference with SSELODGen, but not with DynDOLOD.

-After some random testing, I noticed that changing the extension of the ESP plugin (with the ESM flag) to ESM fixed everything and DynDOLOD correctly put the "BSDistantObjectLargeRefExtraData DOLRED" flag.

I'm aware it is a very specific use case though...

Cheers-

* Without using the script no flickering occurs but of course also no new large reference.

The LOD generated by DynDOLOD for the house XX01A429 added by Cutting Room floor looks correct for me.

59721-1572901205-2124528522.jpeg

Next version of DynDOLOD will properly read the RNAM large reference data from ESM-flagged ESP which should then properly flag the model in the BTO.

The LOD generated by DynDOLOD for the house XX01A429 added by Cutting Room floor looks correct for me.

Next version of DynDOLOD will properly read the RNAM large reference data from ESM-flagged ESP which should then properly flag the model in the BTO.

Thanks for your reply,

Yes that's my bad I re-checked and indeed everything looks fine for the wrhousewind01. I don't know what happened, I might had a conflict or idk. Sorry for wasting your time on that.

That's very nice to read about the future update :) We owe you and the xEdit team a lot for fixing (or at least giving us a way to easily patch) the Large Reference system!

Edited by Abendaron