DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

I found. It came from "CaranthirTowerReborn.esp"
I installed the Nexus mod and it works.
My version came from
https: //www.confrerie-des traducteurs.fr/skyrim/mods/bordeciel/habitations/tour_de_caranthir

Thank you very much for deigning to respond to the neophyte that I am and for the time you spent helping me.
You are a good person.

Ps: if in my files you notice inconsistencies I would be grateful if you would point them out to me if you don't mind spending a little more time with me.

The DynDOLOD log shows:

Missing models were ignored by DynDOLOD.
  Below is a list of base records with missing models which are used by references:
      CaranthirTowerReborn.esp CTR_Dragon_Stone [STAT:90996AF9]: Missing model "meshes\ctr\structure\exterior\ctr_dragon_stone.nif" - ignoring CTR_Dragon_Stone [STAT:90996AF9] in CaranthirTowerReborn.esp for dynamic LOD
  References using base records with missing models can cause CTD.
  Install the missing meshes, then generate LOD again if LOD for reference using these base records is desired.

Hence the instruction in the DynDOLOD-README.txt:

Check the bottom of the ..DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_log.txt for Missing model 'meshes\..\*.nif' - ignoring * [sTAT:xxxxxxxx] for dynamic LOD and the further instructions beneath them. 

Then there is also this in the log:

LOD models with missing textures were ignored by DynDOLOD.
  Below is a list of base records using LOD models with missing textures which are used by references:
      CaranthirTowerReborn.esp CTR_Structure_Exterior_Tower_MainStructure_SN [STAT:90108D0B]: Missing textures in "meshes\dyndolod\lod\ctr\ctr_tower_mainstructure_lod_2.nif" "textures\ctr\structure\exterior\ctr_dome_rings.dds" "textures\ctr\structure\exterior\ctr_dome_rim.dds"  
      CaranthirTowerReborn.esp CTR_Structure_Exterior_Tower_MainStructure [STAT:90466D58]: Missing textures in "meshes\dyndolod\lod\ctr\ctr_tower_mainstructure_lod_2.nif" "textures\ctr\structure\exterior\ctr_dome_rings.dds" "textures\ctr\structure\exterior\ctr_dome_rim.dds"  
      CaranthirTowerReborn.esp CTR_Structure_Exterior_Tower_Miniture [STAT:90E894F3]: Missing textures in "meshes\dyndolod\lod\ctr\ctr_tower_mainstructure_lod_2.nif" "textures\ctr\structure\exterior\ctr_dome_rings.dds" "textures\ctr\structure\exterior\ctr_dome_rim.dds"  
  Install the missing textures or update the texture paths in the NIFs, then generate LOD again if LOD for reference using these base records is desired.
It seems that the translation version requires the English version to be installed for its resources.

There are a lot of errors from plugin in the papyrus log, that ought to looked into as well. Some of them might be for the same reason.

Please read the installation instructions:

From the DynDOLOD Standalone archive copy the content of the 'DynDOLOD' folder, which contains the files DynDOLOD.exe, TexGen.exe, DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html and the sub folders 'Docs' and 'Edit Scripts' with all their content into a new 'DynDOLOD' folder outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', the SteamApps or game folders and Mod Organizers virtual file structure. Do not mix with old versions or xEdit/xLODGen installation.

This is to avoid any issues with UAC, antivir etc. Best to install the game outside of Programs Files x86 as well.

Edited by sheson

Make sure NifSkope is not playing tricks on you and actually uses the correct texture.

If that is the case, then it is technically not possible for the game to chagne what is in the BTO / how the textures look when loading the same files. Consequently it means you are not looking at the same files as you see in game.

Could be different area (Use DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM You are here to get a sense which BTO files are loaded for the area you are checking.

In DynDOLOD you could also verify that there is only on tree rule that sets Static LOD4, Billboard, Billboard

My apologies, I typed an update a couple days ago but it clearly didn't post.  Turns out it was my error causing this: the tree bounds in SSEedit for that specific tree were incorrect and it was stretching the billboard to match the original tree dimensions (I had swapped in a different tree model, and carefully renamed the billboard to match but missed the bounds).  Thanks for your help!

Is there a way to set a separate rule for the distance where tree billboards show mipmaps vs the full texture?  It seems like Dyndolod is assigning the full billboard texture to LOD 8, and a mipmap to LOD 16.  The problem is the LOD 16 level is totally visible at fblocklevel1distance 70,000 and the tree billboards make the transition between LOD 16 and LOD 8 pretty jarring - they look absolutely terrible/blurry while the LOD 8 billboard version of the same tree looks like the tree is supposed to look.  For example, when I stand on the Guardian Stone side of lake Ilinalta the trees on the far side by the mill are very visible and blurry, and when I get closer they "pop" into the normal-looking billboard, and then as I get even closer they turn into static LOD 4 and finally the full model.  The last 2 transitions are reasonably invisible, but the "pop" from blurry billboard to normal billboard is the most noticeable. 

I will also say that Dyndolod is so amazing and necessary in VR because everything appears life-sized, so distant LODs and billboards are much larger/fill more of your field of vision than on a computer screen.

For reference all my billboards are 1K and I set the tile size to 1024.

Is there a way to set a separate rule for the distance where tree billboards show mipmaps vs the full texture?  It seems like Dyndolod is assigning the full billboard texture to LOD 8, and a mipmap to LOD 16.  The problem is the LOD 16 level is totally visible at fblocklevel1distance 70,000 and the tree billboards make the transition between LOD 16 and LOD 8 pretty jarring - they look absolutely terrible/blurry while the LOD 8 billboard version of the same tree looks like the tree is supposed to look.  For example, when I stand on the Guardian Stone side of lake Ilinalta the trees on the far side by the mill are very visible and blurry, and when I get closer they "pop" into the normal-looking billboard, and then as I get even closer they turn into static LOD 4 and finally the full model.  The last 2 transitions are reasonably invisible, but the "pop" from blurry billboard to normal billboard is the most noticeable. 

I will also say that Dyndolod is so amazing and necessary in VR because everything appears life-sized, so distant LODs and billboards are much larger/fill more of your field of vision than on a computer screen.

For reference all my billboards are 1K and I set the tile size to 1024.

Each LOD level uses the same texture atlasses. By default each LOD level uses the exact same billboard texture for the same tree, unless you set different billboards for the different LOD levels.

The engine decides which mipmap levels to use. DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works.

If you believe mipmaps to be a problem, just remove the mipmap levels from the texture atlasses with an appropriate tool for editing dds files.

Hello.

Is SKSE.ini still advisable?

[General]

EnableDiagnostics = 1

ClearInvalidRegistrations = 1

[Display]

iTintTextureResolution = 2048

[Memory]

defaultHeapInitialAllocMB = 1024

scrapHeapSizeMB = 256

It seems to work, but I'm not sure.

Hello.
Is SKSE.ini still advisable?

[General]
EnableDiagnostics = 1
ClearInvalidRegistrations = 1

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution = 2048

[Memory]
defaultHeapInitialAllocMB = 1024
scrapHeapSizeMB = 256

It seems to work, but I'm not sure.

This is the DynDOLOD support forum. You should ask SKSE related question on the appropriate Discord / Forum.

It should be obvious that SKSE64 does not have the Memory settings anymore.

OK sorry.
My question was to give more memory for the functioning of Dyndolod.

You are asking about SKSE.INI settings for Skyrim Special Edition and Skyrim VR. Ask on an appropriate support forum / Discord for SKSE.

Everybody knows that Skyrim Special Edition is an x64 executable which means no more artificial main memory limits.

Hence SKSE64 does not have Memory settings in its INI anymore, obviously.

Each LOD level uses the same texture atlasses. By default each LOD level uses the exact same billboard texture for the same tree, unless you set different billboards for the different LOD levels.

The engine decides which mipmap levels to use. DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works.

If you believe mipmaps to be a problem, just remove the mipmap levels from the texture atlasses with an appropriate tool for editing dds files.

ok thanks!

Hi Guys, can someone tells me where this broken building come from? 

It seems a part of the bard college lod and comes from dyndolod.esp.

It's located in the whiterun tundra, near the luxury suite

https://imgur.com/nvqt3JD

Any clues?

The building appears to be perfectly. Why do you believe DynDOLOD adds it?

Have you looked up the form id in xEdit to find its true source?

The building appears to be perfectly. Why do you believe DynDOLOD adds it?

Have you looked up the form id in xEdit to find its true source?

Yeah, I searched through my installation and this should come from Skyrim Witcher Experience Enhanced mod.

the building is half broken mixed with lod nif's.

But It is placed there by dyndolod I think, I don't know why dyndolod picked this up and placed it there , as I am not really into the

internals of how dyndolod really works :D (magic).

I will find a way to exclude this mod from next dyndolod generation or I think I can just disable it in my save.

Thanks for your amazing work

Edited by manguz

Yeah, I searched through my installation and this should come from Skyrim Witcher Experience Enhanced mod.

the building is half broken mixed with lod nif's.

But It is placed there by dyndolod I think, I don't know why dyndolod picked this up and placed it there , as I am not really into the

internals of how dyndolod really works :D (magic).

I will find a way to exclude this mod from next dyndolod generation or I think I can just disable it in my save.

Thanks for your amazing work

It is not a single buildings, but at least 3 parts. It is possible that not all parts are in the loaded cells, hence some parts might be already LOD.

DynDOLOD only places objects if t hey already exist in other plugins.

The reference form id (the number shows in the game console when clicking a loaded object) will solve the mystery in seconds:

The first two digest are the hex load order of the plugin that adds it.

If that happens to be DynDOLOD, look up the form id in xEdit and check the EditorID which will be [plugin name]_[original form id]

Based on that either remove the mod entirely if you don't like it, or create rules for DynDOLOD so things are ignored for LOD.

Edited by sheson

It is not a single buildings, but at least 3 parts. It is possible that not all parts are in the loaded cells, hence some parts might be already LOD.

DynDOLOD only places objects if t hey already exist in other plugins.

The reference form id (the number shows in the game console when clicking a loaded object) will solve the mystery in seconds:

The first two digest are the hex load order of the plugin that adds it.

If that happens to be DynDOLOD, look up the form id in xEdit and check the EditorID which will be [plugin name]_[original form id]

Based on that either remove the mod entirely if you don't like it, or create rules for DynDOLOD so things are ignored for LOD.

Will do, thank you very much