DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Good evening

Thanks for the advice. I should have read to the end. Seems the issue is caused by a mesh from Beyond Skyrim - Bruma. I get this line from the .NET Crash Log

Possible relevant objects (3)

{

[   0]    NiNode(Name: `Scene Root`)

[   1]    TESObjectSTAT(FormId: 20014BC9, File: `DynDOLOD.esm`)

[   1]    TESObjectREFR(FormId: F310D3AC, File: `DynDOLOD.esp`, BaseForm: TESObjectSTAT(FormId: 20014BC9, File: `DynDOLOD.esm`))

}

It matches this line from the Papyrus log

[09/07/2020 - 10:55:34PM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject ] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_Firstborn ] Enable #2 [Form ] using bstamriel\lod\ayleid set\arwell01_lod.nif TRUE False TRUE

I tested the nif and it seems to open fine in Nifskope. I wanted to try and deactivate the reference in XEdit but i cannot locate it. I will try to rerun DynDOLOD with Bruma deactivated and see if it helps. I see that DynDOLOD is setup to ignore this worldspace anyway. Is there another way you can think of to fix it?

Thanks

Quick update - It worked. Not sure why DynDOLOD is using meshes from Bruma in RoC but running it with Bruma disabled fixed the problem. Everything now works as it should. Thanks for the support.

From the crash log we can see that the root node is a NiNode. Let me quote the relevant line from the readme:

Check if ..DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_log.txt contains messages like 'Root block of meshes\..\*.nif is NiNode'. Check if using NifSkope to convert the root node to a BSFadeNode fixes the problem, though that may not be a valid approach for every type of model. 

Was the model not mentioned in the log?

When entering a form id into xEdit, adjust the first two digits to the current hex load order id of the plugin. DynDOLOD.esp was probably not at F3. But there is no need to remove the reference, once the model has been updated.

Temporarily disabling plugins or mods is a troubleshooting step and not a fix. There is no need for that once problematic assets are fixed.

From the crash log we can see that the root node is a NiNode. Let me quote the relevant line from the readme:

Check if ..DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_log.txt contains messages like 'Root block of meshes\..\*.nif is NiNode'. Check if using NifSkope to convert the root node to a BSFadeNode fixes the problem, though that may not be a valid approach for every type of model. 

Was the model not mentioned in the log?

When entering a form id into xEdit, adjust the first two digits to the current hex load order id of the plugin. DynDOLOD.esp was probably not at F3. But there is no need to remove the reference, once the model has been updated.

Temporarily disabling plugins or mods is a troubleshooting step and not a fix. There is no need for that once problematic assets are fixed.

I saw that part and tried the fix but still got a CTD from a different Mesh. It seems there are several meshes to correct in the Beyond Skyrim - Bruma mod for this work. Again i am not sure why these meshes are loading in the Rigmor of Cyrodiil Worldspace. Might be some overlap between the 2 mods i guess. I will try to manually correct them at a later time if i can. Just dont have the time right now. At least i know the source of the issue and i was able to work around it and it looks great.

I saw that part and tried the fix but still got a CTD from a different Mesh. It seems there are several meshes to correct in the Beyond Skyrim - Bruma mod for this work. Again i am not sure why these meshes are loading in the Rigmor of Cyrodiil Worldspace. Might be some overlap between the 2 mods i guess. I will try to manually correct them at a later time if i can. Just dont have the time right now. At least i know the source of the issue and i was able to work around it and it looks great.

DynDOLOD LOD generation uses LOD models it finds in the load order to generate LOD for all selected worldspaces. The matching process is explained in the documentation.

It takes only a couple seconds to right click the NiNode and convert it to a BSFadeNode with NifSkope. The models are quickly opened from their BSA files with xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL+F3). Saving them to a new mod with the right path will probably consume the majority of the time.

DynDOLOD LOD generation uses LOD models it finds in the load order to generate LOD for all selected worldspaces. The matching process is explained in the documentation.

It takes only a couple seconds to right click the NiNode and convert it to a BSFadeNode with NifSkope. The models are quickly opened from their BSA files with xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL+F3). Saving them to a new mod with the right path will probably consume the majority of the time.

Hi again. I basically checked all the meshes in the folder where the first offending mesh was located and found several of them that were NiNodes. I converted all of them to BSFadeNode and so far, everything seems stable. I will let you know if i encounter further problems. Here is the list of the meshes i converted in the Beyond Skyrim - Bruma Mod.

meshes\bstamriel\lod\ayleid set\ararchcolumn03_lod.nif
meshes\bstamriel\lod\ayleid set\ararchcolumn04_lod.nif
meshes\bstamriel\lod\ayleid set\ararchcolumn05_lod.nif
meshes\bstamriel\lod\ayleid set\arbridge01_lod.nif
meshes\bstamriel\lod\ayleid set\arbridge02_lod.nif
meshes\bstamriel\lod\ayleid set\arbridge03_lod.nif
meshes\bstamriel\lod\ayleid set\arwell01_lod.nif

Thanks

Hi again. I basically checked all the meshes in the folder where the first offending mesh was located and found several of them that were NiNodes. I converted all of them to BSFadeNode and so far, everything seems stable. I will let you know if i encounter further problems. Here is the list of the meshes i converted in the Beyond Skyrim - Bruma Mod.

meshes\bstamriel\lod\ayleid set\ararchcolumn03_lod.nif
meshes\bstamriel\lod\ayleid set\ararchcolumn04_lod.nif
meshes\bstamriel\lod\ayleid set\ararchcolumn05_lod.nif
meshes\bstamriel\lod\ayleid set\arbridge01_lod.nif
meshes\bstamriel\lod\ayleid set\arbridge02_lod.nif
meshes\bstamriel\lod\ayleid set\arbridge03_lod.nif
meshes\bstamriel\lod\ayleid set\arwell01_lod.nif

Thanks

Good to know. Thanks.

Good evening

I have one last thing i would like to fix if it's possible. I have a mod that adds trees inside Whiterun but they are not visible when i step outside the city. Is that something that can be resolved with DynDOLOD? The mod is only an esp plugin with no meshes or textures so i assume it uses Vanilla assets. It's the one in the optional files of this mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20396

I checked the documentation but i am not sure how to proceed for this or if it's even possible.

Thanks

Good evening

I have one last thing i would like to fix if it's possible. I have a mod that adds trees inside Whiterun but they are not visible when i step outside the city. Is that something that can be resolved with DynDOLOD? The mod is only an esp plugin with no meshes or textures so i assume it uses Vanilla assets. It's the one in the optional files of this mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20396

I checked the documentation but i am not sure how to proceed for this or if it's even possible.

Thanks

Trees in child worlds are always ignored for LOD by default. Typically mods are expected to place copies of trees in the parent world themselves.

Edit the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini, find the line 

Ignore=treereach, treepine, treeaspen, ...

Remove the tree names from the list that you want to to have automatic copies in the parent world.

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14177-a-couple-of-issues-with-lod-with-the-new-mod-im-making/?p=236708

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13861-is-there-a-way-to-generate-dawn-of-skyrim-lods-with-open-cities-skyrim-installed/?p=231610

Edited by sheson

Trees in child worlds are always ignored for LOD by default. Typically mods are expected to place copies of trees in the parent world themselves.

Edit the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini, find the line 

Ignore=treereach, treepine, treeaspen, ...

Remove the tree names from the list that you want to to have automatic copies in the parent world.

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14177-a-couple-of-issues-with-lod-with-the-new-mod-im-making/?p=236708

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13861-is-there-a-way-to-generate-dawn-of-skyrim-lods-with-open-cities-skyrim-installed/?p=231610

Thank you very much. It worked flawlessly!!

I copy pasted the Nexus link again, clicking it still starts downloading in MO2 right away for me.

I've setted up MO2 to not handle nexus links. Thats the cause I guess.

It's not urgent because the browser download works with the second mirror, but maybe you enable browser download for it like the application download has. If both approaches are possible at the same time.

I've setted up MO2 to not handle nexus links. Thats the cause I guess.

It's not urgent because the browser download works with the second mirror, but maybe you enable browser download for it like the application download has. If both approaches are possible at the same time.

The first link is the Nexus download with manager link. If you haven't set that up, use the second link.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi! May I please beg some help?

I am building my next play-through, and I've hit a bit of an unusual brick wall with Wazalang's Ultra Trees approach. 
My previous build worked fine, and I have made no changes to it apart from swapping a couple of player houses.
But when I updated Dyndolod to the latest iteration, I cannot get the process to generate the tree LOD I had before.

I'm now getting this weird stretched texture for more distant trees in LOD: 
And further, some of the detail appears to be missing.

I use 1024 in Texgen and Dyndolod and the ultra trees setting in the Dyndolod ini. I make no other changes in the Advanced set up other than brightness adjustment. I've also tried rolling back to the previous version of Enhance Vanilla Trees, from 2.0 to 1.9.

It's like part of, or all of Dyndolod is not being applied in game, or something is lost in translation.

I'm happy to dig around and find out what is going wrong, but please can someone offer a direction for me to look in? Have I broken an INI file? Missed a setting?
I've previously run Dyndolod without a problem, and for several years.

Thank you.

My Trees set up in Mod Org 2 is thus:

[spoiler=Trees install order]HD Lods Textures
Terrain LOD Redone
Bent Pines
Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE 1.9
Enhanced Landscapes ELOS Oaks Mixed Greens
Reach Tree Replacer
Trees AddOn SE
Enhanced Landscapes SE
Green & Lush Aspen Trees SE
Majestic Mountains Darkside LOD Pack
Tree LOD Billboards for Beyond Skyrim Bruma (+hotfix)
Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE Billboards for Dyndolod
Reach Tree Replacer SSE Billboards
Reach Tree Replacer SSE Dyndolod Ultra
Trees Addon SE Billboards

Edited by Bluegunk

I'm now getting this weird stretched texture for more distant trees in LOD: 

The screesnhots seem to show billboards in object LOD.

If the billboard txt files are missing, then the object bounds from the tree base record are used to determine the dimensions. It sometimes happen that the bounds are wrong.

If the txt files exists and sets width= but does set a depth=, add a new line setting depth to same value as the width.

The screesnhots seem to show billboards in object LOD.

If the billboard txt files are missing, then the object bounds from the tree base record are used to determine the dimensions. It sometimes happen that the bounds are wrong.

If the txt files exists and sets width= but does set a depth=, add a new line setting depth to same value as the width.

Thank you!  OK, I went through the billboards and all the text files have height and width (apart from one mod which adds a couple of tree models in the Reach).  But no Depth. I'll add those and see what happens.

(However, these are the same billboards and mods I used with success, previously.)

Edited by Bluegunk