DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Quick question:

After DynDOLOD output is generated, is there any use for TexGen output? Isn't this just a DynDOLOD resource that can be deactivated after DynDOLOD gen?

Same question for DynDOLOD Resources SE, but I'm pretty sure that one shouldn't be active after LOD gen is completed but not sure if it matters either way.

Quick question:

After DynDOLOD output is generated, is there any use for TexGen output? Isn't this just a DynDOLOD resource that can be deactivated after DynDOLOD gen?

Same question for DynDOLOD Resources SE, but I'm pretty sure that one shouldn't be active after LOD gen is completed but not sure if it matters either way.

Nothing should be disabled after LOD generation. LOD assets are used directly in the game, too.

Nothing should be disabled after LOD generation. LOD assets are used directly in the game, too.

If you leave Cathedral Landscapes LOD Textures mod active after generation, you'll end up with all sorts of issues on the terrain. It's not meant to be kept enabled and they say as much on their page.

If you leave Cathedral Landscapes LOD Textures mod active after generation, you'll end up with all sorts of issues on the terrain. It's not meant to be kept enabled and they say as much on their page.

Since this is the DynDOLOD thread, it is about DynDOLOD and object and tree LOD only.

Third party mods with their own instructions and special textures specifically only to be used for terrain LOD generation do not apply.

Since this is the DynDOLOD thread, it is about DynDOLOD and object and tree LOD only.

Third party mods with their own instructions and special textures specifically only to be used for terrain LOD generation do not apply.

True, but I had to clear that up for Z because he came to Discord saying that nothing should be disabled after.

... so we shouldn't be disabling anything used for LOD gen it seems (including CL/MM LOD inputs)

I mean no offense to anyone, but you're going to have to be very precise with replies to him.  ^_^

Yeah, I had since concluded on my own from the mod instructions(and from testing in game) that CL xLODGen assets should be disabled after xLODGen, but I also think Majestic Mountains optional DynDOLOD-gen assets can and likely should be left enabled after TexGen and DynDOLOD processing, because those are analogous to DynDOLOD Resources and even overwrite some of those.

Sorry to go OT.

Yeah, I had since concluded on my own from the mod instructions(and from testing in game) that CL xLODGen assets should be disabled after xLODGen, but I also think Majestic Mountains optional DynDOLOD-gen assets can and likely should be left enabled after TexGen and DynDOLOD processing, because those are analogous to DynDOLOD Resources and even overwrite some of those.

Sorry to go OT.

To be precise, everything used for object LOD generation needs to stay enabled, because some object LOD assets are also used directly in game. For practical reasons and to have a single clear instruction that includes billboards.

Technically terrain LOD generation does not have LOD assets. The terrain LOD textures are generated from full textures in textures/landscape/*.dds.

CL has special textures to temporary replace the full landscape textures for LOD generation only.

I distinctly recall reading either in the DynDOLOD doc or xLODGen doc (or other supporting doc) about trees placed above the visible terrain (i.e., floating above the ground).

I cannot seem to find this info for reference on the cause and how to avoid. Would someone offer up a hint?

I distinctly recall reading either in the DynDOLOD doc or xLODGen doc (or other supporting doc) about trees placed above the visible terrain (i.e., floating above the ground).

I cannot seem to find this info for reference on the cause and how to avoid. Would someone offer up a hint?

DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html contains images that show coarse vanilla terrain LOD 16 or 32 meshes making it look like trees float. The solutions is to show terrain meshes LOD 4/8 further by fSplitDistanceMult or to use higher resolution meshes generated by xLODGen.

The DynDOLOD FAQ contains an answer for Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models

A: Sometimes LOD objects are placed on top of other objects without LOD and thus appear to float in the distance. Use mesh rules so that the object has no LOD or that the other object also has LOD. 

It can happen that a tree is placed on a rock that doesn't have LOD with low or medium settings. If this happens with vanilla a specific best to tell me, so I can add a rule to future versions.

Edited by sheson

I have bugged terrain after using 2.84. 2.83 was working fine for me sadly I deleted all files of 2.83. My modlist is just of 50 mods too mostly textures. Had more then 100+ mods while generating LOD on 2.83 and never had issue. While it has same 50 mods installed which were in those 100+ modlist.

I am really clueless what I am doing wrong this time. Never ran in such issue before.

https://imgur.com/a/UnpTSHE

I have bugged terrain after using 2.84. 2.83 was working fine for me sadly I deleted all files of 2.83. My modlist is just of 50 mods too mostly textures. Had more then 100+ mods while generating LOD on 2.83 and never had issue. While it has same 50 mods installed which were in those 100+ modlist.

I am really clueless what I am doing wrong this time. Never ran in such issue before.

https://imgur.com/a/UnpTSHE

DynDOLOD does tree and object LOD only. DynDOLOD does not affect terrain or terrain LOD.

No idea what "bugged terrain" is supposed to mean. No idea what to look at in the screenshot.