DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Read the error messages, which say that xEdit/xLODGen/DynDOLOD can not find the standard Windows Documents\My Games\ folder and thus could not find the Skyrim.INI

On normal Windows installations it would be c:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\

Programs use a standard Windows function (SHGetSpecialFolderPath) to retrieve the actual paths of such standard system folders.

Could also be because of Windows UAC, AntiVir or some other crapware blocking access.

It is possible that it can not find the folder because of special foreign characters in the username. If that is the case, test what happens when starting latest SSEdit 4.0.3 from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164

Though it has no problem finding the AppData folder...

Read the install instructions in the included manual again. They state to not install DynDOLOD into game or Steam folders:

From the DynDOLOD Standalone archive copy the content of the 'DynDOLOD' folder, which contains the files DynDOLOD.exe, TexGen.exe, DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html and the sub folders 'Docs' and 'Edit Scripts' with all their content into a new 'DynDOLOD' folder outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', the SteamApps or game folders and Mod Organizers virtual file structure. Do not mix with old versions or xEdit/xLODGen installation.

Thank you very much for your reply and help. Everything worked after I added the Skyrim folder to the exceptions of my antivirus and firewall.

Hello everyone,

i get the following error message when i run the dynDolod.exe :

[00:02:46.339] Found E:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\NexusMods manual\DynDolod\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_manual_static_Tamriel.txt
[00:02:46.359] Adding 1 manual objects LOD data to LODGen export file
[00:02:46.393] Saving objects LOD data to E:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\NexusMods manual\DynDolod\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel.txt
[00:02:46.878] LOD references: 27381, unique LOD objects: 1178
[00:02:46.918] DoLODThread Tamriel
[00:02:46.949] Creating mini atlas data
[00:02:47.053] Gathering meshes for atlas creation
[00:02:47.928] Processing 1269 meshes for atlas creation
[00:02:49.560] Processing texture replacements
[00:02:49.766] Preparing texture data
[00:02:49.823]   Can not find textures\lod\icwalllod02.dds for texture atlas
[00:02:49.838]   Can not find textures\lod\ictowerlod01.dds for texture atlas
[00:02:51.679] <Error preparing texture textures\lod\ictowerlod01.dds for atlas: File not found: textures\lod\ictowerlod01.dds>
[00:02:53.163]
[00:02:53.163] Exception in unit userscript line 350: One or more errors occurred
[00:02:53.163] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.
[00:02:53.163] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/
[00:02:53.163] Error: One or more errors occurred

Every step made before was executed with no error occured. Can someone help me with this? Or tell me where to search?

Thanks

Hello everyone,

i get the following error message when i run the dynDolod.exe :

[00:02:46.339] Found E:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\NexusMods manual\DynDolod\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_manual_static_Tamriel.txt
[00:02:46.359] Adding 1 manual objects LOD data to LODGen export file
[00:02:46.393] Saving objects LOD data to E:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\NexusMods manual\DynDolod\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel.txt
[00:02:46.878] LOD references: 27381, unique LOD objects: 1178
[00:02:46.918] DoLODThread Tamriel
[00:02:46.949] Creating mini atlas data
[00:02:47.053] Gathering meshes for atlas creation
[00:02:47.928] Processing 1269 meshes for atlas creation
[00:02:49.560] Processing texture replacements
[00:02:49.766] Preparing texture data
[00:02:49.823]   Can not find textures\lod\icwalllod02.dds for texture atlas
[00:02:49.838]   Can not find textures\lod\ictowerlod01.dds for texture atlas
[00:02:51.679]
[00:02:53.163] Exception in unit userscript line 350: One or more errors occurred
[00:02:53.163] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.
[00:02:53.163] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/
[00:02:53.163] Error: One or more errors occurred

Every step made before was executed with no error occured. Can someone help me with this? Or tell me where to search?

Thanks

Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum

Searching the forum for Can not find textures\lod\icwalllod02.dds or Can not find textures\lod\ictowerlod01.dds finds:

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14071-can-not-find-textureslodicwalllod02dds-textureslodictowerlod01dds

Edited by sheson

hey sheson is there a way to limit how much RAM DynDOLOD is allowed to use. I have 32GB and DynDOLOD ends up using it all then failing to generate.

Is it DynDOLODx64.exe or rather LODGenx64.exe? The windows Task Manager should show which one uses more memory.

Edited by sheson

Is it DynDOLODx64.exe or rather LODGenx64.exe? The windows Task Manager should show which one uses more memory.

think is actually LODGenx64.exe it ends up using all my RAM I do monitor and then it keeps fail cos i run out of memory. When i generate DynDOLOD is the only thing running

think is actually LODGenx64.exe it ends up using all my RAM I do monitor and then it keeps fail cos i run out of memory. When i generate DynDOLOD is the only thing running

Test what happens if you temporarily disable the xLODGen terrain LOD meshes, so it uses the vanilla terrain LOD meshes for optimization instead.

Hello sheson,

Thank you for creating this wonderful mod. Unfortunately I'm having some issues which quite honestly, you probably won't be able to help with as I must have messed up somewhere else, but I figure its worth a shot before I give up!

I have completed the Dyndolod installation process and it launches, and tells me it has activated when I load a game, and the draw distance is excellent. However a lot of my textures in the distance are completely messed up/not appearing. I was following this tutorial:

I note that he mentions using 256 texture size for the purposes of the tutorial, and medium preset - which I did...is this the reason it looks so bad? I know this probably seems obvious to most people but I assumed his suggestion would still look good.

In terms of graphics mods I had installed beforehand it was just Skyrim Flora Overhaul, Vivid Weathers, Majestic Mountains, Blended Roads so far - its fairly vanilla as I've only just installed Skyrim. If you have any ideas what the culprit is, or if you need a full modlist, I'm happy to provide. I'm loading through Vortex and ensuring DynDOLOD.esp is at the end of the load order. This is how it looks for me: https://ibb.co/ThLbWLs

Thanks in advance.

Edited by homogenic

Actually, scrap that - having read more of your posts I can see that the awful textures from far away is more of an engine limitation rather than anything to do with dyndolod.

I replaced vivid weathers with obsidian weathers and added enhanced landscapes and its looks much nicer now. Sorry to waste your time!

Hello sheson,

Thank you for creating this wonderful mod. Unfortunately I'm having some issues which quite honestly, you probably won't be able to help with as I must have messed up somewhere else, but I figure its worth a shot before I give up!

I have completed the Dyndolod installation process and it launches, and tells me it has activated when I load a game, and the draw distance is excellent. However a lot of my textures in the distance are completely messed up/not appearing. I was following this tutorial:

I note that he mentions using 256 texture size for the purposes of the tutorial, and medium preset - which I did...is this the reason it looks so bad? I know this probably seems obvious to most people but I assumed his suggestion would still look good.

In terms of graphics mods I had installed beforehand it was just Skyrim Flora Overhaul, Vivid Weathers, Majestic Mountains, Blended Roads so far - its fairly vanilla as I've only just installed Skyrim. If you have any ideas what the culprit is, or if you need a full modlist, I'm happy to provide. I'm loading through Vortex and ensuring DynDOLOD.esp is at the end of the load order. This is how it looks for me: https://ibb.co/ThLbWLs

Thanks in advance.

It is not clear what you mean by looking bad in the screenshot. What in particular is looking bad?

I do not really see any messed up textures. If something doesn't have LOD it is typically because no LOD assets exist for it.

If you want better tree LOD, find or create better billboards or use ultra tree LOD.

It is not clear what you mean by looking bad in the screenshot. What in particular is looking bad?

I do not really see any messed up textures. If something doesn't have LOD it is typically because no LOD assets exist for it.

If you want better tree LOD, find or create better billboards or use ultra tree LOD.

Hi, I was referring mostly to the hideous clipping in the water and the distant land, moreso than the trees.

As I mentioned changing weather mod and adding additional graphics mods (including a LOD one) has improved the look (and removed the clipping too) :)

Hi, I was referring mostly to the hideous clipping in the water and the distant land, moreso than the trees.

As I mentioned changing weather mod and adding additional graphics mods (including a LOD one) has improved the look (and removed the clipping too) :)

DynDOLOD does tree and object LOD. Use xLODGen to generate improved terrain LOD.

sorry for only getting back to you now how do I preform this test?

Just temporarily disable any xLODGen output  in meshes/terrain/Tamriel/*.btr

You might also want to test DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha, it should be faster either way.

If you do not want to test the alpha itself, you can also get the \Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe from it and replace the older version in DynDOLOD 2.87 with it. It should be a bit better, but it won't have all the other improvements.