DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

1 hour ago, Marina said:

I just read you suggested running DynDOLODx64 in that case. I'll do that! *fingers crossed*

I was gong to suggest that. In case there is still a problem even with the x64 version, upload both the bugreport and the entire DynDOLOD log.

10 minutes ago, Marina said:

Now I don't have 3D trees anymore. 😞 Here is my DynDOLOD log: https://mega.nz/file/NE1QiTQb#9iWMWwck3c94nhcr9YXd4PBSZiQs3R9P-7SwYdSySH0

Thank you very much for your kind help again!

Look, everything seems fine:

The log you uploaded does not contain LOD generation, just as far as we can see in the screenshot starting DynDOLOD.

Once the generation ran, check the log for tree report that should that it found the 3D tree LOD meshes for the trees. They are part of the EVT installation in the \meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\trees folder of the mod.

6 hours ago, Marina said:

I‘m sorry, I don‘t quite understand. What am I supposed to do now? 

Check the log for the last complete LOD generation for the tree report. It starts with "Static tree LOD used meshes and billboards" It has entries like this:

TreePineForest01 [TREE:0001306D] meshes\landscape\trees\srg_treepineforest01.nif
                    Billboard found, 3D LOD found 
                    LOD4: meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\srg_treepineforest01_70c19540passthru_lod.nif
                    LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\srg_treepineforest01_0001306d.dds using internal
                    LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\srg_treepineforest01_0001306d.dds using internal

If a tree does not have 3D LOD found, then double check if the corresponding tree mod supports 3D tree LOD and that it is installed correctly.

Okay, I‘ll search for the tree report. But please understand that I haven’t changed my tree mods since the last time I ran DynDOLOD. Obviously, they do have 3D models. 🙂 I‘m pretty sure there‘s one tiny little step I forgot about...

Alas, I can't find any other log than the one I've linked you.

By the way, the billboards are included in the mods I'm using. On running DynDOLOD, the generate tree LOD option is disabled, which indicates that the trees will be treated as static objects instead, and will use 3D billboards. At least that's how I understood it.

I am new to generating these things so if anyone knows what is the problem pls keep it simple so that my tiny brain can understand it. Thank You!!

These Were Written In DynDOLOD :-

TreePineForestSnow01 [TREE:0005C072] #0 using billboard textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\srg_treepineforestsnow01_0005c072.dds
[00:09:11.112]        TreePineForestSnow02 [TREE:0005C071] #3 using billboard textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\srg_treepineforestsnow02_0005c071.dds
[00:09:11.112]        TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] #2 using billboard textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnow03_0005c070.dds
[00:09:11.112]        TreePineForestSnow04 [TREE:0005C06F] #1 using billboard textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\srg_treepineforestsnow04_0005c06f.dds
[00:09:11.112]        TreePineForestSnow05 [TREE:0005C06E] #4 using billboard textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\srg_treepineforestsnow05_0005c06e.dds
[00:09:11.112]        TreeTundraDriftWoodTree01 [TREE:000B8F53] #5 using billboard textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\tundradriftwood01_000b8f53.dds
[00:09:11.112]    Creating atlas 512x512 with 6 textures
[00:09:11.112]    [DeepwoodRedoubtWorld] Trees LOD generation error: Access violation at address 000000000040DEF0 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
[00:09:11.112]    [00:00]  
[00:09:11.112]    [00:00] Exception in unit userscript line 255: [DeepwoodRedoubtWorld] Trees LOD generation error: Access violation at address 000000000040DEF0 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
[00:09:11.112]    [00:00] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.
[00:09:11.112]    [00:00] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/
[00:09:11.112]    [00:00] Error: [DeepwoodRedoubtWorld] Trees LOD generation error: Access violation at address 000000000040DEF0 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

There was no DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt found inside log folder so  I was only able to attach bug report.

bugreport.txt

The DynDOLOD log is saved when closing the program. On the other hand you managed to copy and paste the log from the message window. You might as well could have copied the entire log from it.

Use the legal version of the game.

Be mindful of the max path length allowed by the OS. One of the mentioned billboard textures might be corrupt.

8 minutes ago, sheson said:

The DynDOLOD log is saved when closing the program. On the other hand you managed to copy and paste the log from the message window. You might as well could have copied the entire log from it.

Use the legal version of the game.

Be mindful of the max path length allowed by the OS. One of the mentioned billboard textures might be corrupt.

oh lemme retry generating lod files at shorter path length...Thnx for quick response

I am having a couple issues (latest Dyndolod/texgen release, but happened in older version I was using before too).

1. Dyndolod doesn't seem to be using the texgen output.  I run texgen, verify its output reflects the current textures, install it (and see it in the appropriate data\textures\lod folder afterwards) but when I then run Dyndolod it seems to ignore those textures.  For example, large lod like Whiterun city walls and the Mage's College clearly change from a different color to the correct color when I approach it.  Ultra tree lod trunks also seem to be a different color.  Am I missing a step?
  2. I added a rule to have mountains and cliffs use full model in lod 4, and lod 4 in lod 8, which looks great!  I also upgraded near grids, used original lod assignments, and enabled the largerefs fix in the MRM.  Running ulargereflodgridsize=5.  But some "transition rock" meshes on the sides of mountains now flash from a distance like they are trying to show 2 slightly different meshes/textures simultaneously.  Also, snow on mountain rock changes dramatically from LOD4 level to the loaded cell, as does shadow on mountain rock.  Usually LOD4 has more snow and less shadow than the loaded cell.
  3. Is there a way to completely disable the fade from LOD4 to active cell (like just do an instant change instead)?  Or make it actually fade?  Right now mountain ledges seem to "strobe" for a second or two, which wouldn't matter since I am running full mesh in LOD4, except for the huge discrepancy in shadow and snow mentioned above - so it looks like shadow and/or snow are strobing as I approach mountain rock and it is very distracting.  I turned the "time to fade in from black" in the MRM to 0.00 but that made no difference.

Thanks!

On 4/3/2021 at 2:46 AM, vrnord said:

I am having a couple issues (latest Dyndolod/texgen release, but happened in older version I was using before too).

1. Dyndolod doesn't seem to be using the texgen output.  I run texgen, verify its output reflects the current textures, install it (and see it in the appropriate data\textures\lod folder afterwards) but when I then run Dyndolod it seems to ignore those textures.  For example, large lod like Whiterun city walls and the Mage's College clearly change from a different color to the correct color when I approach it.  Ultra tree lod trunks also seem to be a different color.  Am I missing a step?
  2. I added a rule to have mountains and cliffs use full model in lod 4, and lod 4 in lod 8, which looks great!  I also upgraded near grids, used original lod assignments, and enabled the largerefs fix in the MRM.  Running ulargereflodgridsize=5.  But some "transition rock" meshes on the sides of mountains now flash from a distance like they are trying to show 2 slightly different meshes/textures simultaneously.  Also, snow on mountain rock changes dramatically from LOD4 level to the loaded cell, as does shadow on mountain rock.  Usually LOD4 has more snow and less shadow than the loaded cell.
  3. Is there a way to completely disable the fade from LOD4 to active cell (like just do an instant change instead)?  Or make it actually fade?  Right now mountain ledges seem to "strobe" for a second or two, which wouldn't matter since I am running full mesh in LOD4, except for the huge discrepancy in shadow and snow mentioned above - so it looks like shadow and/or snow are strobing as I approach mountain rock and it is very distracting.  I turned the "time to fade in from black" in the MRM to 0.00 but that made no difference.

Thanks!

1. LOD generation always uses the texture that are installed in the load order. Read DynDOLOD_TexGen.html and this thread and then check specifically which textures TexGen can actually generate and update. Only TexGen 3 alpha as part of DynDOLOD 3 alpha can generate such pre-rendered textures automatically.

2. Read DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html when to enable the Large Reference fix in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM and when not:
If uLargeRefLODGridSize is turned off (uLargeRefLODGridSize <= uGridsToLoad), the Large Reference Fix checkbox should be unchecked, so that dynamic LOD objects for large references in the FarGrid switch correctly.
As explained many times, DynDOLOD does not change how LOD works. The engine always loads full models first, then disables LOD models. In this brief time both models show. LOD does *not* cast or receive shadows and LOD only has two material snow shaders. Hence, even when using full models for LOD, it is always different.

3. Program a different LOD system, update the LOD shaders etc. Make the load order lighter so all things in the cells load faster, then the brief overlap should be shorter. The settings that defines how long the screen stays black after loading does not affect anything else but the time how long the screen stays black after loading.

14 hours ago, sheson said:

1. LOD generation always uses the texture that are installed in the load order. Read DynDOLOD_TexGen.html and this thread and then check specifically which textures TexGen can actually generate and update. Only TexGen 3 alpha as part of DynDOLOD 3 alpha can generate such pre-rendered textures automatically.

2. Read DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html when to enable the Large Reference fix in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM and when not:
If uLargeRefLODGridSize is turned off (uLargeRefLODGridSize <= uGridsToLoad), the Large Reference Fix checkbox should be unchecked, so that dynamic LOD objects for large references in the FarGrid switch correctly.
As explained many times, DynDOLOD does not change how LOD works. The engine always loads full models first, then disables LOD models. In this brief time both models show. LOD does cast or receive shadows and LOD only has two material snow shaders. Hence, even when using full models for LOD, it is always different.

3. Program a different LOD system, update the LOD shaders etc. Make the load order lighter so all things in the cells load faster, then the brief overlap should be shorter. The settings that defines how long the screen stays black after loading does not affect anything else but the time how long the screen stays black after loading.

Thanks for the response!  I have now turned off the Large Ref fix.

Time to try out v3.0!  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure where the best place to post this is...

I just wanted to say that if anyone here regularly tests places in game by COC'ing to them, that will probably NOT be a good test since all kinds of anomalies can happen. LODs in particular often are not unloaded properly, so you get LODs instead of fully rendered objects, or tons of z-fighting with both full and LODs on top of each other causing horrible flashing/shimmering. Even if you COC into an adjacent cell and walk to your final destination, or pass through load door of some type to get there, I've often found problems with LODs persisting. Even saving the game and reloading right there will not fix it. So keep that in mind if you COC. And this is just LOD problems; there are many other things that can happen since you aren't triggering events in their proper order, resulting in broken quests and other glitches.

In addition, IF YOU ARE USING A PAPER MAP THAT INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING SKYRIM.INI SETTINGS (OR ITS OWN INI FILE WITH THESE SETTINGS), IT CAN PREVENT LODS FROM UNLOADING!

uLockedObjectMapLOD=32

uLockedTerrainLOD=32

This problem is especially prevalent in Blackreach and The Forgotten Vale where the textures will flash and shimmer horribly once you start traveling around. For more info on that and how to fix it. see my post in the Paper Map mod.