DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

1 hour ago, Glanzer said:

I'm not sure where the best place to post this is...

I just wanted to say that if anyone here regularly tests places in game by COC'ing to them, that will probably NOT be a good test since all kinds of anomalies can happen. LODs in particular often are not unloaded properly, so you get LODs instead of fully rendered objects, or tons of z-fighting with both full and LODs on top of each other causing horrible flashing/shimmering. Even if you COC into an adjacent cell and walk to your final destination, or pass through load door of some type to get there, I've often found problems with LODs persisting. Even saving the game and reloading right there will not fix it. So keep that in mind if you COC. And this is just LOD problems; there are many other things that can happen since you aren't triggering events in their proper order, resulting in broken quests and other glitches.

In addition, IF YOU ARE USING A PAPER MAP THAT INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING SKYRIM.INI SETTINGS (OR ITS OWN INI FILE WITH THESE SETTINGS), IT CAN PREVENT LODS FROM UNLOADING!

uLockedObjectMapLOD=32

uLockedTerrainLOD=32

This problem is especially prevalent in Blackreach and The Forgotten Vale where the textures will flash and shimmer horribly once you start traveling around. For more info on that and how to fix it. see my post in the Paper Map mod.

From the DynDOLOD FAQ

Q: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models 

A: DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works. When new cells attach, first it loads the full models, then unloads object LOD. For that brief time both models show and there can be flicker. The busier the cell is and the more system rsource are strained the longer it takes to load full models and unload LOD.

A: If LOD was generated for a different load order generate LOD for the current load order.

A: Test with new game, wait in the exterior for the DynDOLOD initialized message before moving. If problem goes away, the updating of an existing save game with old DynDOLOD.esp went wrong. Follow instructions how to update save game with a new DynDOLOD.esp. RTFM, watch the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_5MWqeHIzw&t=2320 or check DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM. The clean save routine can also be redone with the same plugin to reset everything. 

A: If the load order had script lag and deactivating/activating from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM main page does not reset out of place objects, do the clean save routine where "old" and "new" plugin are the same. Consider generating less demanding dynamic LOD, see 'Performance' section in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html 

A: Wild edit added by a plugin. Check the DynDOLOD log for messages about wild edits. Use console in the game and click on object to retrieve the form id. Look up the form id in xEdit and remove the reference, clean plugin afterwards. Notify mod author. If object is added by DynDOLOD.esp, follow the "pluginname_formid" information found in the Editor ID of the reference to find the plugin from which this object originates. 

A: Deleted record by a dirty plugin. Check the log for messages about deleted references by dirty plugins. Clean all UDRs and ITMs from dirty plugins.

A: Sometimes LOD objects are placed on top of other objects without LOD and thus appear to float in the distance. Use mesh rules so that the object has no LOD or that the other object also has LOD. 

A: Game engine limitation. If the game enables objects that have static object LOD, the entire static object LOD for a cell may briefly show with the full models at the same time. Since now more objects have LOD this might be more obvious than before, especially while playing the intro. Consider installing the generated LOD mod after completing the intro. 

A: If the problems is stuck object LOD in Whiterun after fast travel, change Distant Object Detail on the View Distance tab of the Advanced options of the games launcher from Ultra to High. Alternatively try just slightly changing the value fBlockLevel0Distance=60000 in SkyrimPrefs.ini to 57000. 

A: Some mods are made with disregard to generating LOD or require updated rules and configs for best compatibility. This is especially true with mods modifying the walled cities. Users are asked and welcome to provide feedback to https://stepmodifications.org/forum/forum/223-shesons-dyndolod-xlodgen/ in order to get everything working with as much compatibility as possible. Include a link to the mod and screenshots (with console / form id) about issues if possible. 

A: Flickering textures (full and LOD model showing at the same time) in the LOD area outside the active cells in Skyrim Special Edition and Skyrim VR are caused by plugins triggering the large reference bugs as explained in . Verify if the problem goes away by setting uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in SkyrimPrefs.ini.

A: In case large references are enabled in the game, make sure to generate both the DynDOLOD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp and to enable the Large Reference Fix in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM. See ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html

A: If the problem is stuck object LOD in loaded cells, it can be caused by uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 in Skyrim.ini.

As you can see by the last FAQ answer, this is already a well known/documented cause for this type of problem issue. COC in itself is fine, it is not really different from fast travel.

• Like 1

Hello. I started using DynDoLOD about two days ago. I didn't really have any issues with its use, but my issue is when I tried to uninstall it.

I followed the instructions as outlined in the MCM menu. First I disabled it, waited for the confirmation saying the mod was disabled. I entered an interior cell. Saved. I reloaded that save, this time with DynDoLOD disabled (files and esp deactivated). Then saved again.

Finally I reloaded that save, waited for like 25 days, still in the interior cell (with the hope that all of the world's cell would refresh). Then saved again.

I reloaded that final save expecting to be rid of any residue of the mod, but for some reason, I now see a lot of blue textures throughout the world, including when I pull up the Map menu. I know enough about modding to understand that blue meshes and textures mean that the game (or the esp being used) is looking for a resource that it is unable to find, but I'm stumped as to why my save would still look for those DynDoLOd related resources when I've already removed the files and esp from the game, and loaded a Save without them active. Normally, when I deal with meshes and textures, a simple matter of disabling the mod would leave no issue or traces behind in my save. But it doesn't seem to be the case for DynDoLOd.

I use Mod Organizer 2 so every mod is installed in its own folder which can easily be removed without harm to the game. When I disabled then uninstalled DynDoLOD, I made sure nothing remained in my Skyrim folder. So I don't understand how the game is still looking for those textures and meshes. What is telling it to do so? Certainly not the esp or esm (they're both gone).

Does DynDoLOD save any of those world changing information in the Save itself (thereby making it permanent) ? Is there a way for the Save to be used without DynDoLOD?

Hopefully someone would be able to help me.

49 minutes ago, AlbertH69 said:

Hello. I started using DynDoLOD about two days ago. I didn't really have any issues with its use, but my issue is when I tried to uninstall it.

I followed the instructions as outlined in the MCM menu. First I disabled it, waited for the confirmation saying the mod was disabled. I entered an interior cell. Saved. I reloaded that save, this time with DynDoLOD disabled (files and esp deactivated). Then saved again.

Finally I reloaded that save, waited for like 25 days, still in the interior cell (with the hope that all of the world's cell would refresh). Then saved again.

I reloaded that final save expecting to be rid of any residue of the mod, but for some reason, I now see a lot of blue textures throughout the world, including when I pull up the Map menu. I know enough about modding to understand that blue meshes and textures mean that the game (or the esp being used) is looking for a resource that it is unable to find, but I'm stumped as to why my save would still look for those DynDoLOd related resources when I've already removed the files and esp from the game, and loaded a Save without them active. Normally, when I deal with meshes and textures, a simple matter of disabling the mod would leave no issue or traces behind in my save. But it doesn't seem to be the case for DynDoLOd.

I use Mod Organizer 2 so every mod is installed in its own folder which can easily be removed without harm to the game. When I disabled then uninstalled DynDoLOD, I made sure nothing remained in my Skyrim folder. So I don't understand how the game is still looking for those textures and meshes. What is telling it to do so? Certainly not the esp or esm (they're both gone).

Does DynDoLOD save any of those world changing information in the Save itself (thereby making it permanent) ? Is there a way for the Save to be used without DynDoLOD?

Hopefully someone would be able to help me.

Missing textures on the map have nothing to do with any plugins or the save games.

The LOD meshes and textures on the map are just loaded directly from the data folder (or BSA if there are no loose files). 

It means LOD textures were removed from the load order but not the LOD meshes that require them.

Simply use  MO2 right data tab to find out which mod supplies the current LOD meshes. In case there are no loose files, use xEdit Assets Browser (CTRL+F3).

On the other hand you do not really have to worry about it. Once you generated the new output from scratch and install it last so it overwrites everything, the LOD and map will be fine again and not have any missing textures (unless there were warning/error message in the log)

Hey Sheson,

first of all, thanks so much for creating dyndolod, it's invaluable for a proper visual overhaul! I have a question regarding shadows on LODs: My LODs don't receive shadows, but a bit above on this page you wrote "LOD does cast or receive shadows", so I am now wondering if something is broken in my game or what I can/should do to enable shadows for LODs. Or was that a mistake and a "not" is missing in that sentence, so LODs do not cast nor receive shadows and that's just what it is and can't be changed?

I'm on the latest alpha of dyndolod.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Cangar said:

Hey Sheson,

first of all, thanks so much for creating dyndolod, it's invaluable for a proper visual overhaul! I have a question regarding shadows on LODs: My LODs don't receive shadows, but a bit above on this page you wrote "LOD does cast or receive shadows", so I am now wondering if something is broken in my game or what I can/should do to enable shadows for LODs. Or was that a mistake and a "not" is missing in that sentence, so LODs do not cast nor receive shadows and that's just what it is and can't be changed?

I'm on the latest alpha of dyndolod.

Thanks!

LOD does not cast or receive shadows in the vanilla game. The "not" must be missing in the post. Post the link so I can update it.

51 minutes ago, sheson said:

LOD does not cast or receive shadows in the vanilla game. The "not" must be missing in the post. Post the link so I can update it.

First post at the top of page 146 in the paragraph starting with "As explained many times, DynDOLOD does not change how LOD works."

Latest version 2.95 is causing problems with Vortex in regards to cyclic interactions between Dyndolod and a specific mod, Cutting Room Floor. The program works as intended otherwise though.

Is there anything I can do to fix this kind of issue? My load order is fine otherwise.

7 hours ago, heroofkvackers said:

Latest version 2.95 is causing problems with Vortex in regards to cyclic interactions between Dyndolod and a specific mod, Cutting Room Floor. The program works as intended otherwise though.

Is there anything I can do to fix this kind of issue? My load order is fine otherwise.

The latest version 2.95 works perfectly fine with just Cutting Room Floor. Other plugins or patches or LOOT rules might be interfering.

Make sure to use the latest versions all mods/plugins involved.

From the first post:

Because of the need to have an ESM for things to work properly, there is a chance that some records have to copy as "underwrite" into the ESM and as normal overwrite into the ESP at the same time. The DynDOLOD.esm should never have any unflagged ESP as a master and only get its records/data from masterfiles (including flagged ESP). Post a report with log in case the DynDOLOD.esm has an unflagged ESP as master. LOOT typically will let you know one way or another (reporting cyclic interaction or crash for example). Do not use such plugins for anything as they are broken.

Also post the exact error message.

On 4/19/2021 at 12:54 PM, sheson said:

Ok cool, that explains it. Thanks! Too bad though, but I guess it would be too problematic for performance?

Sorry, but each new update has more issues that the previous ones.
I used to running DynDOLOD with my prefered settings and after 40-45 minutes I was done. Now... I'm keep getting error messages.
I ran the tool and I've got this:

Creating atlas textures F:\DynDOLOD Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds from 298 textures [00:06:28.926]
[00:06:28.926] Exception in unit userscript line 350: Access violation at address 004B40A9 in module 'DynDOLOD.exe'. Write of address 00000000 [00:06:28.926]
[00:06:28.926] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum https://stepmodifications.org/forum/forum/223-shesons-dyndolod-xlodgen/ for those errors. [00:06:28.926]
[00:06:28.926] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum https://stepmodifications.org/forum/forum/223-shesons-dyndolod-xlodgen/ [00:06:28.928] Error: Access violation at address 004B40A9 in module 'DynDOLOD.exe'. Write of address 00000000

Step Modifications | Change The Game

There were nothing serious above the exception.

2 hours ago, lupus_hegemonia said:

Sorry, but each new update has more issues that the previous ones.

Without posting about the supposedly more issues these types of statement are useless. I can guarantee every update improves something and rarely to never introduces new issues. In case an update breaks something, users make actual useful error report within hours and thus any regression is fixed shortly.

I used to running DynDOLOD with my prefered settings and after 40-45 minutes I was done. Now... I'm keep getting error messages.
I ran the tool and I've got this:

Creating atlas textures F:\DynDOLOD Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds from 298 textures [00:06:28.926]
[00:06:28.926] Exception in unit userscript line 350: Access violation at address 004B40A9 in module 'DynDOLOD.exe'. Write of address 00000000 [00:06:28.926]
[00:06:28.926] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum https://stepmodifications.org/forum/forum/223-shesons-dyndolod-xlodgen/ for those errors. [00:06:28.926]
[00:06:28.926] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum https://stepmodifications.org/forum/forum/223-shesons-dyndolod-xlodgen/ [00:06:28.928] Error: Access violation at address 004B40A9 in module 'DynDOLOD.exe'. Write of address 00000000

Step Modifications | Change The Game

Search official forum finds these:

Carefully read every line of the message that was posted. Then follow their advice.

Search official forum finds these:

There were nothing serious above the exception.

If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum