DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

OK, well that took a loooooooooooooong time!  i have a healthy load order (nothing like my LE load orders of old which broke the persistent records limit...) with a lot of quest mods, a fair few towns and cities mods, and a few new world mods (Beyond Reach, Wyrmstooth, etc).  I set TreeLOD = 0 and TreeFullFallBack=1 but didn't change anything else.  I toggled Candles and FX Glow, Windows, High, Fake Lights in Child Worlds, and the general High setting with textures at 512.  It took 55 minutes before Dyndolod.exe gave me the Save/Exit options and a further 50 minutes after that before LODGen.exe finally finished with Tamriel.  The resultant output is 7.21Gb :/  DynDOLOD.esm has also picked up two esps as masters - Teldryn Serious and They Took Our Jobs (the latter is part of a small merge I have but this is the only plugin in the merge with any worldspace records).

So what took so long and why is it so huge - is it the TreeFullFallBack?  And what needs done to remove those two esps as masters for the esm?

4Swe6gt.png

Using full model trees for LOD will certainly take a much longer time to generate. If you also have high-res terrain it will take even longer.

Get DynDOLOD Standalone 2.36 beta 5 from first post I just updated. It should fix the problems with the two plugins being added as master to the esm.

Using full model trees for LOD will certainly take a much longer time to generate. If you also have high-res terrain it will take even longer.

Get DynDOLOD Standalone 2.36 beta 5 from first post I just updated. It should fix the problems with the two plugins being added as master to the esm.

Excellent thanks, will it still fix the master issue if the plugin(s) in question are part of a merged plugin?

Excellent thanks, will it still fix the master issue if the plugin(s) in question are part of a merged plugin?

The cause of the bug and fix applies to all plugins equally. This is about records types and stuff.

Is it ok to 'Sort' DyndoLods.esp's masters with xEdit? Wyre bash is saying they are out of Order

Also,

Thanks!

DynDOLOD already uses the sort master function of xEdit. Does sorting masters with xEdit (other tool?) afterwards actually changes anything?

Further to my last post above, is there a way I can get away with just regenerating the esm/esp without the hour and three quarters of LODGen or do I need to rerun the full process?

You can prevent starting LODGen.exe by setting ExecuteLODGenExe=0 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini.

Everything else will be identical just like static object LOD would have been generated.

You should uncheck Create Atlas in the advanced options as well, but leave Generate static and tree LOD checked.

If needed you can execute LODGen for a worldspace afterwards in expert mode as usual. The export files will have still updated but should be the same if nothing in the load order changed.

Edited by sheson

DynDOLOD already uses the sort master function of xEdit. Does sorting masters with xEdit (other tool?) afterwards actually changes anything?

Well I'm only going on what Wyre shows with it's fancy orange box. I didn't notice anything funny (except for fantastic LODs!) ingame after I sorted the masters so I dunno man.

Thank you so much! Believe it or not, I just created this account on STEP to thank you for all your hard work. I've used some of your LODs to create built-in compatibility with my Winterhold Restored mod over on the nexus.

Thanks

Well I'm only going on what Wyre shows with it's fancy orange box. I didn't notice anything funny (except for fantastic LODs!) ingame after I sorted the masters so I dunno man.

What you use to sort the masters? xEdit? And Wyre was OK afterwards?

This has most likely nothing to do with Skyrim and any of the installed mods. The problem would happen every time, not just sometimes.

The 2015 is a minimum required for Windows XP.  On Windows 7 (and higher I suppose) it will be the 2017. Actually, wrong or missing redistributable should be a 100% error, too and have a proper error message/crash. Make sure the 2017 is the latest version anyways.

Such weird error that are not 100% reproducible are most likely hardware/software (OS, antivirus, virtual file system of MO .etc.) related.

Try installing DynDOLOD into a dedicated folder on D:/ instead into Documents. Try running everything as admin.

Tried disabling antivirus and running as admin, no luck. Going to try a different folder next.

Thanks

What you use to sort the masters? xEdit? And Wyre was OK afterwards?

Yeah, in xEdit with the generic 'Sort Masters' button inbetween Add and Clean Masters. I only did it because I was sorting all the mods that Wyre Bash showed as being outta whack. Mainly it was my merged patches from Mators Standalone (stilll testing out my L.O, moving stuff around etc) when I caught that the .esp wasn't sorted properly. The .esm was fine though

Moving it to the D:/ drive root seems to have fixed it.

Great!

Yeah, in xEdit with the generic 'Sort Masters' button inbetween Add and Clean Masters. I only did it because I was sorting all the mods that Wyre Bash showed as being outta whack. Mainly it was my merged patches from Mators Standalone (stilll testing out my L.O, moving stuff around etc) when I caught that the .esp wasn't sorted properly. The .esm was fine though

So weird. Need to check if something else happens after DynDOLOD sorted the plugins before saving.

Ah well, you make it I'll break it... again! So I reran the full process last night, this time with TreeLOD=0 but left fallback at 0 this time. Everything else the same, beta 5. Generation took under thirty minutes this time and output was 1.9gb. ESM master issues all fixed, no errors anywhere so all good. However...

I removed the old non-dynamic DynDOLOD and enabled the new one whilst in an interior cell (Darkfall Passage) and loaded up, all ok. But when I try to exit the cave into Tamriel worldspace as soon as I hear the ambient noise but before it fades from black I get an instant CTD. The strange thing is, if I disable DynDOLOD then exit the cave and save in the Tamriel worldspace, then close down, enable DynDOLOD and load back up straight into Tamriel there's no crash. I can run around for as long as I like (there's noticeably more lag than with the non-dynamic version). But as soon as I go inside or exit to another workspace and try and return to Tamriel the instant crash is there again. Disable DynDOLOD, enter Tamriel, save/exit/enable/reload and all is OK.

Any idea what's going on? Is there a temporary toggle in DynDOLOD SE in case I am hitting a persistent records limit again?