Running DynDOLOD for Enderal Forgotten Stories

Dv0rk1N

Question

Hello,

I was able to run the current version of dyndolod for the new steam version of enderal, by changing the registry key of vanilla skyrim leading to enderal install path and renaming corresponding paths and inis in documents from enderal to skyrim for the time of generation. The texgen and dyndolod seemed to work as intended, defining the current installation as Enderal, and generation was completed successfully, but after installation I ended up with missing rock at the top of ark. And some other missing objects. I've installed Dyndolod resourses and enderal patch and followed instructions for Enderal from dynDOLOD manual. I know that steam version is currently unsupported, but it seems that the problem goes deeper than detecting updated install paths. Just to let you know.

d307fe23715b.jpg

6 answers to this question

Thank you for the update, worked like a charm

just a heads up, do NOT use the Enderal trees billboards available here : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62698?tab=files 

they are outdated and will make a lot of the trees looks out of place, some will be totally different, even at close view, as an exemple the white tree near ARC will be a average green tree, I guess it's an outdated version of the files and we'll have to wait.

Still, it's a big improvement, here's some before and after shot taken with Rudy enb (be sure to check them in fullscreen) https://imgur.com/a/3jdEkD2

AFAIK the tree LOD textures of Enderal are still the same as 3 years ago.

If you have tree LOD miss matching, double check billboards are installed in the correct order. First the Skyrim vanilla trees, then the billboards for Enderal, then billboards for tree mods.

If you are convinced the billboards need an update, the manual includes includes instructions and links how to create billboards.

Or report the form IDs of such tree references or their base records, maybe with screenshots so I can check and update the Enderal billboards archive if required.

Get DynDOLOD 2.55. It supports Enderal Steam version natively. Add -enderal command line argument to start the tools. See included Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html "Enderal" section in "Custom Settings for Specific Mods"

Sheson, thank you for such rapid update! By the way, is the patch for Enderal from dyndolod patches still actual for the steam version?

The current English Steam version of Enderal has the same terrain LOD meshes and textures as the "old" version, so yes, but:

Optionally install the higher resolution and improved terrain LOD meshes and textures for Vyn and Half Moon Island from DynDLOD Patches. They are not required. They were made with Oscape a while ago. Consider using xLODGen terrain LOD beta to generate even better terrain LOD meshes and textures.

The terrain meshes will benefit a lot from using xLODGen with the Protect Cell Border setting. The Oscape ones I did years ago suffer quite a lot from the unsightly drops at cell borders.

Back then I also did some manual optimization with the higher LOD levels, so maybe only do LOD Level 4 meshes.

I will probably update the patch myself at some time, but no promises.