Xenius Character Enhancement (by Xenius)

stoppingby4now

• 9 months later...

Sorry if this is dredging a rather old topic but I would love to discuss the current state of this entry. Currently XCE is listed as an extended mod. I have always considered it core AS LONG AS using the "Darker and desaturated" eyes optional from Xenius. I feel like I must have read about the optional eye pack in STEP at some point but there is no mention currently.

So I guess I am wondering as there is no flagged resource drain from the mod, is there any unacceptable disparity between XCE and Vanilla? And does "darker and desaturated" eyes not warrant a mention in some form?

• 1 month later...

after apply the BCF, i have those option :

00 Core

01 Character Nomal Maps

02 clear skin

03 custom body female clean

03 custom body female default

04 custom body male default

What must be ticked for STEP ?

i found nothing about it

• 6 months later...

Xenius Character Enhancement states that it includes No More Blocky Faces when in fact the files are not there. If you download his No More Blocky Faces file, you'll see they're not included. His compilation is also missing one male file from Detailed Bodies.

Maybe STEP is already aware of it, but I figured I'd bring it up just in case.

Edited by WhisperingMute

You would be correct. I've never noticed it before because I've never checked before. You can safely install No More Blocky Faces after XCE; however, I would hide all the conflicts that are present with Better Males. Honestly, there is little difference between the HRDLC and XCE when in-game.

Hopefully, XCE will be going away with 2.3.0 as we're putting together a Female Overhaul similar to Better Males.

You would be correct. I've never noticed it before because I've never checked before. You can safely install No More Blocky Faces after XCE; however, I would hide all the conflicts that are present with Better Males. Honestly, there is little difference between the HRDLC and XCE when in-game.

Hopefully, XCE will be going away with 2.3.0 as we're putting together a Female Overhaul similar to Better Males.

Just mainly use STEP as a foundation/guideline. Believe it's good base for good mods to have in your game. However, I don't use all of them. Nor am I personally afraid to runup TESVEdit, check for conflicts, and edit the ESPs or make a patch if possible/reasonable, and merge plugins to cut down ESPs.

For example, better disease descriptions overrides one of the numerical values made by Unofficial Skyrim Patch back to vanilla. So, I carried over USKP value to Beter Disease Descriptions. But, I haven't checked out STEP's patches to even know if that is remedied.

But, anyways, I was suprised STEP decided on adding in Better Males. On a personal taste I prefer XCEs, but I think its addition isn't without warrent though. While I disagree removing XCE, it's just going to boil down to personal opinions.

Out of curiosity, what kind of Female Overhaul do you plan on implementing?

Edited by WhisperingMute

It's all being discussed here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/4772-nsfw-step-female-body-replacer/?p=93293 You can read back a few pages to see what is currently being implemented/tested. I'm doing a lot of the work by hand in Photoshop with the assets STEP has permission to use. By the time I'm done, it'll basically be a new mod.

We install the most vanilla-friendly version of Better Males so it pairs nicely with the game. That's the same goal with the Female Overhaul.

The main issue with XCE are the desaturated faces which gives them a grey hue.

Don't realy know if it's related to this mod but sometimes if I load a save the face of my character is black skinned down to the collar bone. When I reload sometimes it reverts to normal skin, sometimes not. Seems like a texture is not applied properly.

It seems like it's something that started later during the game, can I do something to stop it?

I have read about a black-face bug in skyrim but it is NPC related and only happens when creating or altering NPC so I guess it's not this one.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...