Will custom skeletons work with different profiles?

redxlaser15

Question

7 answers to this question

You can use different skeletons in your profiles, but you also need to ensure the FNIS generated animation files are in distinct mods in each profile as well. In other words, your profiles should be something like this:

Profile A

Skeleton A (active)
Skeleton B (inactive)
FNIS
Animation mod(s) appropriate for Skeleton A (active)
Animation mod(s) appropriate for Skeleton B (inactive)
FNIS Generated Output A (active)
FNIS Generated Output B (inactive)

Profile B

Skeleton A (inactive)
Skeleton B (active)
FNIS
Animation mod(s) appropriate for Skeleton A (inactive)
Animation mod(s) appropriate for Skeleton B (active)
FNIS Generated Output A (inactive)
FNIS Generated Output B (active)

How would you do that? I don't know how I'd connect it up seperately like that.

I've had some issues with FNIS already. MO doesn't feel like connecting up to it properly when using the puzzle piece box thingy. I press FNIS, run FNIS, and select the one for users. MO seems to think it's opening, but FNIS doesn't actually open. I also tried downloading the creature pack, but FNIS doesn't feel like recognizing that it exists. No clue what's up in either front.

If you are using Mod Organizer 2.1.6, it should automatically install Creature Pack without any user intervention. If you are using an older version, you may need to expand the top folder to find Data, right click Data, and click Set data folder when installing.

On the FNIS executable, expand the Data folder like I think you are doing to find GenerateFNISForUsers.exe, right click it and Add as executable. You should then be able to click the combo box at the top right (just to the left of the run button), select GenerateFNISForUsers, and click run to run FNIS.

1) I do have MO 2.1.6. So is the creature pack installed and FNIS just isn't telling me that?

2) The data folder inside MO doesn't like to expand at all, or something. I can't read most of the text, since it is each cut off with '...' or labelled as data or Overwrite. With the (sort of) exceptions of those that aren't shown to be in a file (other than in data itself of course). Those ones simply have a paper icon.

3) I like your profile name of 'Greg.' It is a good name.

EDIT: Oh my gosh I found how to expand it so I can read everything! It's a miracle!

EDIT 2: I managed to add FNIS as an executable and run it from MO. It still says the creature pack isn't installed.

Edited by redxlaser15