Exception in unit userscript line 234: Assertion failure

spiderisk

Question

"[00:00:08.547] Processing 4 patches from dyndolod\desyncbirdsofprey_all.patch
[00:00:08.620] Processing 5 patches from DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_cuttingroomflooresp_tamriel.patch
[00:00:08.664]
[00:00:08.664] Exception in unit userscript line 234: Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 13906)"

keep getting this error message whenever trying to use dyndolod SE 2.56 through MO2 (trying to do ultra tree by set TreeLOD=0 and TreeFullFallBack=0)

7 answers to this question

Often caused by a broken bashed patch. Use a newer Wrye Bash version to create the patch or do not use the merge patches option.

If removing the bashed patch allows the process to continue, delete it and generate a new one. Use a recent version of Wrye Bash like https://github.com/Wrye-Code-Collection/wrye-bash/releases/tag/307.201901211926

Sorry to bump this old thread but I have some questions

1) If I regenerate the Bashed Patch do I have to regenerate DynDOLOD, TexGen and xLODGen too?

2) What if I generate the DynDOLOD with the Bashed Patch disabled and then enable it for playing? What could happen?

Because sincerely I don't want to remake the Bashed Patch correct it with xEedit and then remake lods, I'm a bit lazy at this point (long modding journey)

Edited by Axel404

If you disabled the Bashed Patch because it is corrupt (which it is when it causes the error), then you should delete it. Using corrupt plugins will eventually cause issues in the game.

If you need to generate new LOD and DynDOLOD plugins depends if there are conflicts (worldspace, cell records) that you care about. If nothing dramatically changed in the load order, then LOD should be fine already.

If the Bashed Patch causes Assetion failure or the can not copy error message when generating LOD, the Bashed Patch is corrupt. DynDOLOD is a modified xEdit/xLODGen.

The xEdit error check tests for typical logical errors caused by CK or editing. It does not test for the wrong data or record order in plugins caused by bugs in older versions of Wrye Bash.