Exception in unit userscript line 331: Access violation at address 004B494D

arcline111

Question

The game is Classic Skyrim LE (not SSE) Here's the error I can't get rid of: Exception in unit userscript line 331: Access violation at address 004B494D in module 'DynDOLOD.exe'. Write of address 00000000

Since I couldn't identify the issue and thought it might be a specific mod, I disabled most of my 250 plugins and only loaded about 42. Error persists. LOOT shows no errors. Plugins load fine in TESVEdit. I'm not running out of memory as I have a 6GB 908ti and 16GB RAm. I've used DynDOLOD a long time and never hit an issue this thorny. Last log attached.  Any help would be much appreciated. 

[Log link](https://pastebin.com/Bn9h4qEh)

[bug Report.txt link]https://pastebin.com/UZKgkisb

DynDOLOD error 3-10-19.txt

Edited by arcline111

6 answers to this question

Since I'm playing Classic and using MO (not MO2), MO doesn't support 64 bit applications. I tried it anyway previously (running the x64 version) based on another thread I searched up for this and it wouldn't run. BTW, this issue only started happening when I upgraded to the latest version of DynDOLOD (2.57) and the latest DynDOLOD Resources (2.56). The reason I upgraded is because I'd been using (without issue) Dyn version 2.45 and Dyn Resources 2.30, but this time I got the "DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.esp 2.30 error message on game launch.

If it's a texture problem, IDK how to track that down given there's no mod information on that in the log, other than continue to disable plugins.

Thanks for your response. Much appreciated. I'll report back when I figure it out.

Since I'm playing Classic and using MO (not MO2), MO doesn't support 64 bit applications. I tried it anyway previously (running the x64 version) based on another thread I searched up for this and it wouldn't run. BTW, this issue only started happening when I upgraded to the latest version of DynDOLOD (2.57) and the latest DynDOLOD Resources (2.56). The reason I upgraded is because I'd been using (without issue) Dyn version 2.45 and Dyn Resources 2.30, but this time I got the "DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.esp 2.30 error message on game launch.

If it's a texture problem, IDK how to track that down given there's no mod information on that in the log, other than continue to disable plugins.

Thanks for your response. Much appreciated. I'll report back when I figure it out.

Recent versions do more work with textures before they are added to the atlas, improving alpha and mipmaps. That requires a bit more memory.

You could just install MO2 and copy over the settings/profiles from MO1. Point MO2 to use the same mod folder as MO1, thus have a shared installation in case there is a reason not to fully use MO2 (archive management being the only feature I could think of)

Edited by sheson

Well, I didn't exactly "fix" it, but I rolled back to Resources 2.30 and standalone 2.35, loaded up my whole load order (250ish plugins/700 mods) and it ran perfectly. Guess my game doesn't want to play nice with the latest version.

Off point, but I thought you'd get a kick out of seeing what the mod Winterhold Bridge Fix (which includes LOD) did. Put the CoW bridge LOD up on the side of the Throat of the World. lol Here's the pic. https://i.imgur.com/P1G44tU.jpg

I'll just add I've always said DynDOLOD is one of the top 5 mods ever made for Skyrim. Thanks for all your work on it.

I had exactly the same issue and decided that 32 bit MO plus 32 bit DynDOLOD can't handle larger load orders, in recent versions anyway. I want to set it up like Sheson suggested but I already have MO2 installed for SSE. So I would need another MO2 install for 64bit LE. How the hell do you do that?