• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Exara

Exara

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:29 AM

So, for the longest time, I was trying to figure out what has been crashing my Oblivion: I first deactivated all of my mods-- nothing. Then I deleted all of my plugins-- nothing. Then I did a complete wipe of the data and it still crashed. Then I read somewhere that deleting the Oblivion.ini would fix it, and it did! Well, temporarily. But then whenever I relaunched Wrye Bash it would recommence crashing. So, I compared the "broken" ini with the working one, and found the problem. I'd get a fresh INI after deletion, then wrye bash would reapply BSA redirection, and here's the result: 

Here's what I found 

[Archive]
SMasterMiscArchiveFileName=Oblivion - Misc.bsa
SMasterVoicesArchiveFileName2=Oblivion - Voices2.bsa
SMasterVoicesArchiveFileName1=Oblivion - Voices1.bsa
SMasterSoundsArchiveFileName=Oblivion - Sounds.bsa
SMasterTexturesArchiveFileName1=Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa
SMasterMeshesArchiveFileName=Oblivion - Meshes.bsa
SInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt
iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1
iRetainFilenameStringTable=1
iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1
bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
bUseArchives=1
sArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa,   

As SOON as I delete the "sArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa,", it doesn't crash anymore. And to clarify, none of my mods or plugins are causing this (atleast directly), because whenever I delete the ini, everything's functional. Even a Bashed Patch didn't help.  But here's my question: I've always used Wrye Bash, and I'm pretty sure BSA Redirection has been on by default, so why is it just now starting to crash my game? Isn't "ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated" vital? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. 

Attached Files

#2 Exara

Exara

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:38 PM

Nevermind, fixed it because apparently I had to list the other BSA's along with it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users