Blue palace Terrace MOD and palace LOD

kojak747

Question

5 answers to this question

It comes with its own LOD meshes that have their own name. I just looked at the files, not in game. 

Try copying DynDOLOD Resources\Meshes\lod\solitude\sbluepalace_lodglow_lod_2.nif to Meshes\lod\solitude\wsbluepalace_lodglow_lod_2.nif

I think you also want to add BluePalaceTerrace.esp=SolitudeWorld to DynDOLOD_[sSE|TES5]_mod_world_ignore.txt

Then generate LOD.

Let me know if that works, then I will include that new file in the next Resources.

Edited by sheson

I probably screwed up the filename...

Copy the file to Meshes\lod\solitude\wsbluepalaceglow_lod_2.nif instead.

That should work.

It Worked! Thankyou.

Also, there's another mod I found that might be worth including in the gamemode*mod_worldignore.ini file for DynDOLOD. It's Tamriel reloaded Mountains and rocks. In LOD, the custom textures for it's rocks stand out like a sore thumb. Ignoring it reverts to vanilla, and the issue is resolved.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58960/

BTW those rules are included in since 2.58 and later.

The file mod_worldignore.ini to ignore new references added ny plugins to childworlds. In case of the palace mod - which also does the appropriate additions to the Tamriel parent world - it ensures there is no accidental duplication of objects.

Tamriel reloaded Mountains replaces textures and full models. It does not add new references.

The mod does not care about LOD (you can tell a mod is "bad" if it remove the MNAM settings on base records)

At minimum it requires manual update of the pre-rendered vanilla mountain textures. Then also "some" manual tweaking for the texture replacements.

DynDOLOD can only do so much (a lot actually) automatically, some mods are just not done with LOD in mind.

If somebody want to put in the hours, I can outline what would need to be done in more detail.

Edited by sheson