Executing TexConv returned error

EclairPumpkin

Question

2 answers to this question

Use pastebin or an upload service to post larger logfiles.

From the bugreport I can see the error is:

[Tamriel] Trees LOD generation error: Executing TexConv returned error: "Z:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconv.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -m 0 -f DXT1 -bcdither -o "Z:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees" "Z:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds".

It seems something is preventing Z:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconv.exe from executing or reading/writing files. Could be anitvirus for example.

The log might have more information about the error. You can also try executing the command itself on a command prompt manually to see what the error might be.

"Z:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconv.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -m 0 -f DXT1 -bcdither -o "Z:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees" "Z:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds"
Edited by sheson

Thank you, sheson! After adding dynDOLOD and texconv.exe as exceptions to Windows Defender, the issue became apparent. Seems I was missing vcomp140.dll. I had installed vc_redist.x64, but forgot to install the x86 version as well. 

Thank you again for your time!