Can not copy whiterunLODlightsControlDummy [REFR:000B11EC]

AKhana

Question

So I recently followed a guide on installing DynDOLOD, and I ended up having to recreate my bashed and merged patches, install a few other thing etc etc. Everything ended up working until I got to running DynDOLOD. The error I got was this:

Exception in unit prepare line 579: Can not copy whiterunLODlightsControlDummy [REFR:000B11EC] (places TrapLinker "Trap Linker" [ACTI:00079986] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunWindDistrict03 [CELL:0001A275] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F] at 6,-1)) from Skyrim.esm into DynDOLOD.esp Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 13936)

It also says I should post \DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt so I'll link those files.

bugreport.txt

DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt

4 answers to this question

Yea that is exactly it. However I now have a new problem. The mod is active, and the mcm is there, however I can't see any change. I think it might be because I got an error at the very end of my dyndolod process yesterday, however I saw someone who had a similar problem and you said that it should work regardless. So I tried it and it seemed to be working, mcm in game and such, but when I head outside, nothing changes. It also might be worth mentioning that I think the error stated was some sort of security problem. Gonna Re make the dyndolod stuff while I shower, and see what happens. Maybe if I launch the dyndolod.exe as an admin.

Edit: So it seems dyndolod only edits tree lod from what I hear? The trees do look different, though not at all the sfo billboards I installed, not sure why, however there is no lod change. Do I have to have Tes5lodgen output active in the load order? If so how exactly would I go about this? Just re doing tes5lodgen only and transferring the textures to data and overwriting, or would I re do everything in the order it was, and overwrite files in order, as I drop them into data?

Edited by AKhana

From the description/manual: By combining DynDOLOD with xLODGen users can create drastically enhanced traditional static object LOD plus tree LOD and a new, optional dynamic distant object LOD in a few simple steps.

So, object/tree LOD generated by xLODGen (TES5LODGen) is not required or needed to be active in the load order. DynDOLOD is a modified version of xLODGen. Use xLODGen for terrain LOD only.

I suggest to read the manual / watch the included videos, that clears up such questions and also explains how to generate object, tree and dynamic LOD.

If there are messages or errors read them carefully and if after consulting the manual, FAQ and searching the forum the problem can not be solved, make a detailed post about the issue. I can not help with terms like "an error" and "similar problem" without any specifics.

Edited by sheson