Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows (by EvilDeadAsh34)

stoppingby4now

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, I was thinking about making a all-in-one BAIN installer for this mod. It does seem a little unwieldy to download a lot of files based off your selection of mods.

I'll proablly work on it and present it to the author once it's ready.

This is a good idea ... hopefully the author will see the reasoning.

From the mod page:

"Use the "closer" version of all files. If using Dawnguard, also install "CBv3 - Closer and Hidden Crossbow Bolts", "CBv3 - Explosive Bolts Visualized", and "CQv3 - Dawnguard DLC Arrows". If using Dragonborn, also install "CQ - Dragonborn DLC Arrows". "

That exactly does this mean? Every file is named "Closer" ... something. Anyway, the mod is hopelessly complex, and the author has unfortunately made the file descriptions ambiguous and there are not installation instructions that I can find.

What the heck are our recommendations to users with all/some/none of the DLCs??

I typically need to read the description page and the individual file descriptions for this mod multiple times before installing or changing the installation of the mod. It would be significantly helped by having a single load file with a wizard or similar; I suppose the individual files might be useful for some users but I find them confusing. I think what I currently have installed is correct, but it took a while to figure it out.

Here is what you would need to enter in a wizard to select the proper combination of meshes from this mod:

• Arrow Length: vanilla (CQv2, better for male character) or longer (CQv3, includes "fixed arrow recovery" for vanilla arrows)
  • character: male or female
  • female body model: vanilla or non-vanilla (UNP, CBBE)
  • quiver type: vanilla, steel (when available), hidden (when available, use for male character if female body model is not vanilla), or iron
  • Compatibility with other mods (all that apply): Explosive bolts visualized, Crossbows basic collection, torch arrows (and 9 other mods)
  • DLC (all that apply): Dawnguard, Dragonborn

As an example, if I choose longer arrows, male character, non-vanilla female body model, hidden quiver (when available), explosive bolts visualized, both DLC:

• Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows v3 - Updated-5711-v3.rar
  • CQv3 - Hidden Crossbow Bolts - UNP Compatible from CQv3 - Closer and Hidden Crossbow Bolts - Vanilla-CBBE-UNP AIO-5711-v3.rar
  • Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows v3 - Dawnguard DLC Arrows-5711-v3.rar
  • CBv3 - Explosive Bolts Visualized - UNP - Hidden.rar from Closer Bolts - Explosive Bolts Visualized v1-02 - Vanilla-CBBE-UNP-Steel Quiver AIO-5711-v3.rar
  • CQv3 - Dragonborn DLC Arrows.rar from CQ - Dragonborn DLC Arrows - CQv3-CQv2-Iron Quiver AIO-5711-v3.rar

Thanks for posting this' date=' I'm just about to update the note. Why is the older version recommended for males anyways? v2 doesn't include "fixed arrow recovery" so I'd rather not recommend it if we don't have to.[/quote']

The author recommends it if you are satisfied with the arrow length as-is, and you are not playing a female character. Anyway, as for the BAIN installer, I've got the structure all worked out, and the author has given it the OK. Also, looks like I might be able to cooperate with another persion to intregrate his NMM installer, so it works out for users of all the mod managers.

Thanks for posting this' date=' I'm just about to update the note. Why is the older version recommended for males anyways? v2 doesn't include "fixed arrow recovery" so I'd rather not recommend it if we don't have to.[/quote']

I prefer to have the "fixed arrow recovery" so, as you can see in the example, I use v3 and recommend it for that reason. I don't think that this feature can be added to v2 without having a non-vanilla quiver. I expect the shorter arrows cause less clipping and/or other problems but I'll live with whatever problems remain with v3.

The author recommends it if you are satisfied with the arrow length as-is' date=' and you are not playing a female character. Anyway, as for the BAIN installer, I've got the structure all worked out, and the author has given it the OK. Also, looks like I might be able to cooperate with another persion to intregrate his NMM installer, so it works out for users of all the mod managers.[/quote']

Great. This is definitely one of the more complex mods to install with all the choices that are needed.