Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows (by EvilDeadAsh34)

stoppingby4now

The BAIN installer is done. I have PM'd a link to it to both the mod author and the person creating a NMM installer for the same mod. In the near future, I'm expecting to see it up on the mod's page soon. And no, I don't think it should be hosted up here, because it's a composite of multiple archives (and it would be hard to make a BCF out of those, and to reassemble them).

The BAIN installer is done. I have PM'd a link to it to both the mod author and the person creating a NMM installer for the same mod. In the near future' date=' I'm expecting to see it up on the mod's page soon. And no, I don't think it should be hosted up here, because it's a composite of multiple archives (and it would be hard to make a BCF out of those, and to reassemble them).

I agree, any time we can convince the mod author to include the Wizard is a win in my book.  It means less we have to deal with and more people get to use it.

The installer is complete, and it has been given the author's approval. In fact, I'm actually going to be given editing access to the mod (along with Schwinni - the creator of the NMM installer), so it looks like it's extra approved. Expect to see it appear within a few days.

The installer is up. It's tucked away in the main files for now, but the mod author will update the description (and other stuff) tommorow.

EDIT: And now it's more visible. I must admit, I like a good challenge once in a while...

ANOTHER EDIT: Updated the detailed instructions to use the NMM-Bash wizard. Tried to make it as close as possible to STEP's recommendation before the edit.

The installer is up. It's tucked away in the main files for now' date=' but the mod author will update the description (and other stuff) tommorow.[/quote']

Just tried the wizard, and it works well, but the logic is not being applied correctly at...

If DataFileExists ("Dawnguard.esm")

... for me.

I do have Dawnguard.esm in my Skyrim directory, but I am wondering where DataFileExists is sniffing for it. Also, remember that if it is checking CRC, that plugin will not be recognized. I am honestly not sure what that function points to, but it looks like a string to me (in which case is should work).

I think maybe try this (?):

If DataFileExists ("Dawnguard.esm") = True

Also, downstream logic tied to this is also broken :( ... unless I am completely missing something, which is entirely possible, however unlikely :P

From the tech readMe:

DataFileExists - Tests for the existance of a file in the Data directory. If the file you are testing for is an ESP or ESM, this will also detected ghosted versions of the file. DataFileExists(file_name [, ..., file_name_n])

file_name - A string or variable holding a string, specifying the path relative to the Data directory to test. For example using "test.esp" would test for "[path to game]\Data\test.esp"

Return values:

True - All of the files exist.

False - One or more of the files do not exist.

OK, I see what it is doing now. It appears as though the wizard is configured to assume that all of the prerequisites will be installed first. I see now that my Dawnguard options are indeed selected, although I was never presented any choices on those options:

Note "Dawnguard official DLC detected. Installing compatible versions of the Dawnguard arrows. If you do not want these, deselect the Dawnguard Arrows subpackage before you install."
Else
Note "Dawnguard official DLC NOT detected. Not installing Dawnguard arrows or Closer Bolts. You can still install the closer Dawnguard Arrows or any of the Closer Bolt files by selecting the appropriate subpackage, but they will have no effect unless you have the DLC installed and enabled."
In the install order for STEP, Explosive bolts should be installed after Closer Quivers, so that is going to be a problem for novice users I would think.

Can someone else on their way through the serial STEP installation process verify? Also would like verification that the aforementioned notes aren't being triggered in the logic. Just to be certain that I am not missing something.

The wizard needs to detect the esp/esm/nif or any other file that's in the wizard. So installing EBV after would mess up the wizard. Also, you won't be able to install everything at once if it needs to detect files other than official dlc. That could pose a problem for people that get everything set and then just ctrl-a->right click->install.

I have DLC and uninstalled EBV and the installer did not even ask about explosive bolts. I wish it detected UNP, but that's all replacer files so the installer has to ask.

Some of the files that "|" in front of them are listed last in the options will be a little weird for the OCD people, but I guess they can just click the packages manually.

@z929669 - I could, theoretically. However, it would require a major revision of the installer. I prefer for it to automatically detect files, so that installation goes much more streamlined. It's probably going to be done later, if at all. Schwinni's NMM installer (which would be used for Mod Organizer) does ask you which DLCs/mods you have installed, but that's due more to the limitations of the NMM installer itself.

In the install order for STEP' date=' Explosive bolts should be installed after Closer Quivers, so that is going to be a problem for novice users I would think.[/quote']

Not true. In both 2.2.1 and 2.2.2, Explosive Bolts Visualized is placed just before Closer Quivers, and not after. If you are installing by the book, Explosive Bolts should be installed and be detected by the wizard for Closer Quivers. I will add a note to Explosive Bolts so that people know to fully install it before running the wizard for Closer Quivers.