DynDOLOD randomly not responding

OregonPete

Question

I have a strange issue that I wasn't too worried about at first, but it's becoming a bit annoying. The thing is that DynDOLOD will randomly stop responding at "creating atlas textures...", meaning the point in time or the world for which the textures are being created will be random. I can sometimes start DynDOLOD two or three times in sequence and it will stop responding at a different point each time. There is nothing remarkable in any of the log entries, and when it does finally complete after a few attempts, everything seems fine. I did read some of the other threads regarding DynDOLOD not responding, but they didn't seem relevant to this situation.

A bit more information: I'm in SSE using MO2, and I do have quite a few plugins active, currently 404, many of which are ESLs. I have Open Cities installed, so I'm using the two-step process to generate the LODs. The first step, in which you check "Generate static LOD" and "Create texture atlas" but not "Generate DynDOLOD", is the step in which this always happens. The second step in which you generate DynDOLOD always runs through without any issues. I'm also following WazaLang's 2019 Ultimate Trees Installation Guide, but add the Oldrim Enhanced Landscapes Oaks Standalone and the Beyond Skyrim Bruma Tree Billboards. I delete all the files in the "Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD/cache" directory before I start TexGen. Generating Tree LODs with TreeFullFallBack = 0 or 1 makes no difference. I've also tried rebooting my system before running DynDOLOD, but that's also hit or miss. 

I'm just taking stabs in the dark here, but it seems there might be a connection with whether I'm doing something else on the PC while DynDOLOD is running. Not quite sure about this, but could that be an issue? For instance, using File Exporer, Task Manager, or just browsing in the internet (I use Google Chrome)?

Please let me know if I can provide any further information. Thanks!

Edited by OregonPete

1 answer to this question

Is this the Windows 10 thing where the OS gets impatient and just assumes the program is not responding while the task manager shows it has CPU usage (so it is working hard) and eventually it will complete anyways?

Are you using the 2.59 x64 version?