1 reply to this topic

#1 Razorsedge877

Razorsedge877

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:37 PM

I am looking for some advice on choosing my new video card and would like some feedback. The two cards I am looking at are the Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 TI Waterforce 11GB ant the Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 TI Xtreme 11GB video cards

A few questions I have about the Waterforce are

1. How long will the cooling fluid last. This is an expensive card and will be using it for a few years to come.
  2. Will I be able to incorporate this card into my own water loop if I choose to install a water loop in my computer at a later date?

I guess I am nervous getting the waterforce because this will be my first all in one video card with a water cooler.

The only question I guess I have about the Xtreme would be, is there a water block available on the market for it in case I do water cool my computer in the future.

I will be posting this on a few sites and am looking forward to any constructive opinions on the matter.

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,609 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 05:19 PM

Looks like it comes with its own radiator from looking at the pictures. This means you won't need to incorporate it into a custom loop, unless you just want to. If it's a closed loop, which the card most likely is, then you should ever need to replace the coolant. This may also make it harder to incorporate into a custom loop later since the fittings may be proprietary. Using a custom block would be the solution there, but with it being a newer card there likely aren't any custom blocks for it (yet, if ever). My recommendations is if you do a custom loop later, just leave it out of the loop. One less thing you have to worry about.

In general, coolant should be replaced according to the coolant's manufacture recommendations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users