DynDOLOD And New Player Homes

PegasusKoga

Question

I've got DynDOLOD working smoothly and no issues to report.

But of course i can't leave well enough alone.

For the past two hours i'v tried to use Google in a fruitless attempt to find an answer to a seemingly simple question (and of course i can't find the dedicated manual about the subject anymore).

Do i or do i not need to update DynDOLOD if i'm planning to install two new player homes?  I intend to pick two out off the list found here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/11462-dyndolod-2xx-full-update-post/ since those can apparently be installed without updating DynDOLOD (unless i misunderstood).

If i do need to update DynDOLOD, i'll give those coveted player homes a pass.  Because, like i said, everything works like a charm right now and i'd rather keep it that way.

2 answers to this question

See the included manual "Updating" chapter.

There is no need to generate LOD just because a new mod was added. New objects may be missing LOD, but that is only a visual problem.

The link does not go to a mod. But in order for objects to have performance friendly LOD that works well with the rest of the load order and the already existing LOD, it is typically necessary to generate it.

• +1 1

See the included manual "Updating" chapter.

There is no need to generate LOD just because a new mod was added. New objects may be missing LOD, but that is only a visual problem.

The link does not go to a mod. But in order for objects to have performance friendly LOD that works well with the rest of the load order and the already existing LOD, it is typically necessary to generate it.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. ::):