Question

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

>and i till turn treelod=1 in ini to made sure 3d tree lod is off

This is not what I was after.

Keep treelod=0 so the billboards are done as object LOD.

Set all LOD levels to "Billboard" for the "tree" mesh rule.

With treelod=1 and traditional billboard tree LOD, the tree LOD itself can never change in the distance, as there is only one LOD level.

Popping: a model comes into existence out of nowhere
Transition: a model changes to to another
Edited by sheson

If the height (and visuals) of the 3D LOD models and the billboards match the full model trees, they should also match each other in the distance. Especially the height between them should not change in the distance between LOD level 4 and 8. It should just change nicely from 3D LOD model to the billboards.

Update the "tree" mesh rule to have Static LOD4 again for LOD level 4 and generate now. Keep the logs (you can delete the old logs beforehand so they only contain last generation).

Then check if the height difference still happens in the distances when it switches between the LOD levels.

If it still happens we will check the static object LOD files and LOD texture atlases themselves to see if we can find any anomaly.

As explained in the manual, LOD starts beyond the loaded cells, the uGrids, typically 5x5 cells around the player. Changing uGridsToLoad is not recommended for a stable game and also for performance reasons. 

That is what 3D tree LOD is for.

as you see in these pictures above, the lod looks like the right height for those trees. just changes into the full model and is really close in height, shape, almost unnoticeable

with this video i just took now,  https://streamable.com/kn4ye the trees dont line up very well at all. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rnulogbo4obonf/DynDOLOD_TES5VR_log.txt?dl=0 here is the log file

https://streamable.com/7milz heres a video of the lod matching up fairly well

Makes no sense, it uses the same billboard in LOD 8 with 3D Tree LOD models in LOD level 4,  as it does when using billboard for both LOD level 4 and 8 which you say match in height. There is no reason the height of LOD level 8 could of sudden be different. Lets check some things.

All following paths related to the installed output from DynDOLOD:

None of the files are overwritten by another mod or MO Overwrite folder?

Verify there is only one file in Meshes\Terrain\tamriel\Trees\ - Tamriel.lst and its file size is zero?

Can you zip and upload these files to a file service so I can check:

from meshes\terrain\tamriel\objects\

tamriel.16.-16.-16.bto
tamriel.8.-16.-16.bto
tamriel.4.-16.-16.bto
tamriel.4.-16.-12.bto
tamriel.4.-12.-16.bto
tamriel.4.-12.-12.bto

all of textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\*.dds

>None of the files are overwritten by another mod or MO Overwrite folder?

No,  my last two mods in mo2 are
dyndolod textures
dyndold output

dyndolod output overwrites everything.

where do I find this?  Meshes\Terrain\tamriel\Trees

I just ran dyndolod again with no tree mod all vanilla, and indistinguishable billboards oldrim, and the tree billboard size from the guardian stone didnt change at all. the trees looked the exact same  :wacko: none of that size pop. i was using indistinguisable billboards from sse until this last test.

here is the lod file https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmed7lskzzxqvq6/LOD.rar?dl=0

^that lod file is from the dyn that had the pop. all the files ive uploaded are from the same dyn output that wasnt lining up from guardian stone

Makes sense, because the height difference has to (unless we find another reason) come from wrongly sized billboards or 3D tree LOD models. So by using different LOD assets / billboards we should expect a it to be different.

This also means you disabled EVT Skyrim version?

yeah just to test i disables evt oldrim/evt billboards and just used indistinguishable oldrim. ran tex/dyn with same settings i was using before. the guardian stone trees had zero pop and just looked the same when moving in and out from the same distance where they were doing that odd size change. like i said i was using indistinguishable sse with evt oldrim/evt billboard oldrim. im running another dyn now with old rim indist billboards, evt/evt billboards olrim. tree settings are lush trees large, vert snow trees, and no vurt filiage. same settings for evt and billboard