popping

pickle

Question

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Without a tree mod it is using the 3D tree LOD models included in DynDOLOD Resources SE for the vanilla trees. 

I quickly compared some Indistinguishable billboards for Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition, they just seem to change the textures but not the txt files, so they should have the same height across versions.

Edited by sheson

its fixed. was the see version of indist billboards oldrim. here is the same spot as with my old video where you could see the trees messing up https://streamable.com/agqwm

as you see, all the same size and working well. i did not change any settings, just ran it like i always have been  :confusion:

nope i found the real culprit.

god im so stupid. using beth ini for ultra trees here 

you get that pop

i doulbed the lod4 level to 80 000 and no pop. i just doubled all the values to be safe

the step guide https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:SkyrimPrefs_INI/TerrainManager has the lod level ini for ultra and that was that i was using. raising them to double ultra for lod 4 fixed that "load in" we saw in my videos. 

Interesting.

Which particular download version of the Indistinguishable Billboards for Skyrim SE did you use that seemed to have a problem?

Which particular download version of the Indistinguishable Vanilla Tree Billboards are you using now?

So maybe the conclusion is that it is better to use the Indistinguishable Vanilla Tree Billboards Skyrim version, just like it is to use EVT Skyrim version for 3D tree LODs.

i had that issue at the guardian stone with both versions. i guess its not "fixxed" totally but with the ini change it doesnt lod in at the distance so i dont see it anymore. ultra settings werent enough, i just raised the lodlevel 4,8 and 16 values. didnt see any perf hit either