Cleaning - Tamriel record

Johans

Question

Most mods contain the Worldspace entry and the sub record Tamriel is marked always in red.

How to deal with this issue? Is it an issue at all?

What would you suggest if this record is not important: delete it ?

(I guess no good idea, there might be a reason why this record is there if the Ck didn't add it simply by default and the modder didn't care about at the end)

Or ignoring it? Or create a bashed patch and forget it?

A second minor question related to cleaning records is: why should we clean mods one by one (remove identical to master / remove references) and not in the same session? All well written guides discourage to clean more than one mod at session..

3 answers to this question

I think the confusing aspect of the coloring is that red indicates a conflict, but it does not indicate whether this is a breaking conflict or an intentional conflict. For example, SkyFalls/SkyMills sets the Is Full LOD flag on SFarmhouseWindMillDirt02Whiteruntest [MSTT:2D01037F] and DynDOLOD removes this flag. This is intentional because DynDOLOD uses a better dynamic LOD algorithm for this object. It is a conflict because some mod in the middle changed something that wasn't forwarded to the last mod in the load order, but the difficulty can be determining whether the conflict is intentional or a breaking change.

When cleaning mods, you want to load only the mod to be cleaned and the masters of this mod. If you load the entire load order in an attempt to clean all mods in one session, you may find that mods further down the load order override "identical to master" records in the mods to be cleaned so these are now seen as "overridden" instead of "identical to master" and won't get cleaned properly.

Usually i am not bothered as much by the coloring of mods in TesVedit but of course I try to correct Red label mods as best as possible…

Just today i read on Nexus: (Verdant-grass mod)

i cite from Paragraph:

MY GAME IS CRASHING WHEN I LOAD GRASS!! WHAT GIVES!?!

WARNING: This mod in it's latest stage does now in fact have landscape texture worldspace edits in it's .esp, which is essentially harmless in itself, but if you have many, MANY mods that alter your skyrim worldspace (house mods, village mods, landscape overhauls), your game can lose stability from this, and even crash. Always be aware of the mods you are installing, and make sure you read all the instructions and suggestions for best compatibility.

Therefore, Worldspaces records should be resolved in some way.

As already said, how to deal with this particular edit? Wrye Bash should be able to smooth that conflict

Anyway, i need some day to refresh all my mods with the originals, adding just translations with xTranslator. I get various texture errors and maybe other errors which are less visible.

Because if deleted master records/references of several mods in one session. This might cause missing textures i think.

• Else i cannot explain why after adding the usleep, the fishes on the stand after Riverwood had turned violet
  • Rs children lost textures of their eyes, 
  • The padding of Quality map in paper version, is violet 
  • mods in general lost some textures

ans so on. I use Mod Organizer1 and Skse.