Deadly Spell Impacts (by isoku)

stoppingby4now

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

The author "Isoku" "Does your game freeze when a spell is cast with this mod installed? Try one or more of the following.

1. Switch to a lower resolution version.

2. Try one of the alternate esps under "Optional Files".

3. Uninstall texture mods you don't care for (which includes this one) to avoid the 3.1 GB limit.

4. Remove the esp after installing the mod so that it turns into a simple texture replacer without the features listed in the description."

• 2 weeks later...

The author "Isoku" "Does your game freeze when a spell is cast with this mod installed? Try one or more of the following.

1. Switch to a lower resolution version.

2. Try one of the alternate esps under "Optional Files".

3. Uninstall texture mods you don't care for (which includes this one) to avoid the 3.1 GB limit.

4. Remove the esp after installing the mod so that it turns into a simple texture replacer without the features listed in the description."

I'll try this. I get freezes whenever I shoot spells. I suspect this mod could be the culprit. 

I would also recommend looking at BFS (Burn Freeze Shock Effects mod) it causes more problems than DSI if I recall correctly.

Yea but the freezes always happen when I shoot a spell at the ground leading me to believe that it is this mod that could be causing the freeze since there are no bodies for Burn freeze shock effects to work on. Can anyone else confirm freezes with this mod? It could just be something else of course. 

Any scripted mod as the ability to cause freezes. Just uninstall one of your suspects and play the game for a while. If the freezes continue' date=' it wasn't that mod. If the freezes stop, then that mod had a least something to do with it.[/quote']

The nexus chat page for this mod is full of people saying that the mod gave them freezes. I think this mod should be reviewed along with BFS Effects and EBT. 

Any scripted mod as the ability to cause freezes. Just uninstall one of your suspects and play the game for a while. If the freezes continue' date=' it wasn't that mod. If the freezes stop' date=' then that mod had a least something to do with it.[/quote'']

The nexus chat page for this mod is full of people saying that the mod gave them freezes. I think this mod should be reviewed along with BFS Effects and EBT. 

It is true they cause crashes, but the people complaining about getting lots of crashes probably have 20+ other mods that add a heavy load of scripts for the CPU to process. It is often modders thinking as long as they stay under the 255 limit everything should run like a chocolate fountain, but that just isn't the case. Most are just to ill informed to realize this, and as soon as they get a couple CTDs they have to take to comments sections and flame from the depths of anonymity to hide their lack of modding skills.

TL;DR If you only use STEP then don't except to many crashes.

Any scripted mod as the ability to cause freezes. Just uninstall one of your suspects and play the game for a while. If the freezes continue' date=' it wasn't that mod. If the freezes stop' date=' then that mod had a least something to do with it.[/quote'']

It is true they cause crashes, but the people complaining about getting lots of crashes probably have 20+ other mods that add a heavy load of scripts for the CPU to process. It is often modders thinking as long as they stay under the 255 limit everything should run like a chocolate fountain, but that just isn't the case. Most are just to ill informed to realize this, and as soon as they get a couple CTDs they have to take to comments sections and flame from the depths of anonymity to hide their lack of modding skills.

TL;DR If you only use STEP then don't except to many crashes.

They aren't complaining about CTDs though. They are complaining about freezing and saying it only happens with this mod.