Deadly Spell Impacts (by isoku)

stoppingby4now

Odd. I definitely see edits contained in the esp when I open it up in TES5Edit. Most are changes to Impact data (no surprise). Looking at the MAGShockImpact... those records use the "DecalFlameBurn" decal, same as the MAGFlamesImpact. The esp does appear to be changing many of the impacts to use unique textures, so I'm surprised they still look the same after removing the esp. Perhaps the difference between the added texture variations just isn't all that noticeable in-game? Regardless, I think I'll probably be removing the esp as well given the issues that are being reported here. The change seems too minor to be worth risking any additional instability.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol properly a bad install way back' date=' the only way I notice if the effects are there is due to the spiky ice when throwing ice spells. As long as that is there I am essentially happy, since that just looks too cool to be without.[/quote']

I think the spiky ice on the floor is a vanilla effect. I don't have this mod anymore and I still get spiky ice on the ground. 

https://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Wall_of_Frost

Well what do ya know... guess I never really had it installed all along then since the .esp was empty. But the impact sites match the textures I selected... guess its one of those weird fomod bugs that happen every now and again.

Oh well spiky ice is all I want!

Well what do ya know... guess I never really had it installed all along then since the .esp was empty. But the impact sites match the textures I selected... guess its one of those weird fomod bugs that happen every now and again.

Oh well spiky ice is all I want!

I just got rid of DSI all together. The reason being that the game slaps a texture wherever a spell is formed. If you're in a battle and either you or an enemy is using a wall of flames or wall of ice spell, the game is rendering like at least 50 of the impact textures everywhere which take a while to go away. That's just adding so much to your game load. Same with the BSF Effects mod. It's just adding extra scripts and textures that will clutter your game up. Not worth it in my opinion. Maybe if you use the lower resolution textures of the these mods though. I haven't tried that. 

Just did a double check of everything... seems I have been doing too many things to my list lately and it was not even that .esp that I removed for being empty. It is full of all the stuff it should include.

Sometimes I think its amazing that I can even get the game to start with all the manual edits I make :s