Cleaning of Master Files fails due to Access Violation

Labargoth

Question

So I'm just trying to clean my Skyrim LE master files on my freshly installed game via the QuickAutoClean option of SSEEdit. I have the most recent version of MO2 installed and the most recent version of SSEEdit. However no matter if I launch SSEEdit from within MO2 or by itself, at the end I always get an error message about some access violation.

l9c5ijN.png

My Skyrim install path: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

So it's not in a program files folder nor on my primary drive.

12 answers to this question

This may not be your issue, but I have seen others split-drive their installs and have access problems. It's something to look at. Otherwise, you may wish to look at a fresh and complete reinstall of xEdit (since MO2 isn't the culprit from your description of actions taken), and possibly setting it to run as an administrator. That last is kind of a nuclear option, so avoid it if you can, but if it's the only way to get it to work, then do so.

Another thing that occurs to me... what OS are you running?

• +1 1

I'm on build 1803 actually, still haven't received the update.

I tried re-installing now and that didn't solve my problem. Running SSEEdit in admin mode works however. Is there anything I need to keep in mind when doing that with admin mode?

One thing to check is if you have been running a lot of tools or even the same tool in a particular session, they will sometimes not close properly and be running in the background. On the next run will give you a problem. Use the Windows task manager to see if your tool is running, usually it will be on the bottom half of the screen. If it is you will need to end the task. You should also restart MO at that point.

Well a day and a complete PC restart later I still receive the same error warning when trying to clean a file via Mod Organizer 2 -> SSEEdit QuickAutoClean. The first and only thing I have tried today when opening Mod Organizer. So I'm not sure what other program or process would still have those files opened.