• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 akmatov

akmatov

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:47 PM

Having a problem, posted a request for help yesterday but no responses, that I now think is related to Skyrim LE running at over 60 fps, in my case between 80 and 115 fps.

Have searched these forum and with Google and still haven't found HOW to cap the fps, just that I probably need to .  Please could someone share with me exactly how to do this?

#2 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 10:03 AM

First, I think you can manage waiting longer than a day. Not everyone here checks every thread every day. Give it some time.

Second, if you are having physics issues, you likely aren't wrong and do need to cap your FPS. This is also called vSync, and the setting for it is located in your Skyrim.ini or skyrimPrefs.ini. IIRC, the setting you need to change is iPresentInterval. Anyone else, feel free to correct me.

#3 akmatov

akmatov

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:05 PM

First, having some low level aggression issues?

Second, thanks, exactly what I needed.

Third, I may very well have missed it, though I looked, but in the STEP Guide in large red letters it should be mentioned that one MUST cap fps under 60 and how.  This cost me a day in getting my base install setup and it should have taken about five minutes.

Ya'll have a great day.

#4 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:28 AM

First, nope. I always number points for emphasis. ;)

Second, you're welcome.

Third, it's not there because that is a well known and documented engine limitation that is not in the scope of the guide to inform you of. That said, question answered.

I always have a great day. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users