SKSE not launching properly in MO for Skyrim LE

Maverick7508

Question

I know that there are probably a lot of posts here for this issue and I apologize if I sound like I'm flogging a dead equine. My Mod Organizer 2 is setup using the Gopher videos from his youtube channel(https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE7DlYarj-DcLS9LyjEqOJwFUQIIQewcK) and I have run the necessary prep programs(LOOT, TES5edit, FNIS, Dual Sheath Redux, etc.). I have also followed the instructions for transferring the overwrite files or creating mods from them as needed. 

When I try to launch SKSE from MO2 the process list at the bottom says that it is launching SKSE_loader, launching TESV.exe, and then waiting for process to complete. Then TESV.exe stops and the game closes. The game will launch from Launcher, Exe, and SKSE directly but even launching MO2 as admin does not allow the game to launch properly.

If there are any files that you need to analyze for this let me know what file, where to find it and/or how to generate it. Thank you for any assistance on this issue.

Mod Organizer version 2.2.0.0

OS - Windows 10

mod list is extensive(185+), was launch able under NMM, simply lacked long term stability

1 answer to this question

Troubleshooting this issue with 185+ mods will be extremely difficult. Assuming you have all of your mods installed in Mod Organizer, run Mod Organizer and create a new profile and ensure everything except the base game files and SKSE are unchecked in the left pane. This is a new profile so this won't affect anything in your original profile so you can switch back later. If Mod Organizer is in instance mode, it should come up completely empty so you may need to install SKSE to get the scripts. Once this is done and you have a good clean baseline with only the game files and SKSE, try running SKSE from Mod Organizer to see if it works. If this doesn't work, you may want to run BethINI to establish known good INI files to rule out this as a possible cause. If you're still having problems, open the Mod Organizer folder in File Explorer, right click ModOrganizer.exe and click Properties. If you see an Unblock checkbox, check it and click OK. You'll need to do repeat this for all the *.dll files in Mod Organizer folder as well or Windows 10 gets really cranky.

If you have any mods installed in the game's Data folder, you should remove them from the Data folder and install them in Mod Organizer