Skyrim Sunglare V4 (by Laast)

stoppingby4now

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if the author uploaded a compressed or lower resolution version, 16MB for a single 2k texture is insane, especially the sunglare. I asked the author to upload a smaller file, but no response yet.

I tried running it through DDSopt (which was being a pain in the ass for some reason) with standard settings but I got some weird artifacting, any advice in that department?

It would be nice if the author uploaded a compressed or lower resolution version, 16MB for a single 2k texture is insane, especially the sunglare. I asked the author to upload a smaller file, but no response yet.

I tried running it through DDSopt (which was being a pain in the ass for some reason) with standard settings but I got some weird artifacting, any advice in that department?

Add the file to the INI under [AlphaCustom], then rerun (and update the Guide INI while you are at it if you want)

• 5 months later...

It should be said every single time, the sun settings need to be tweaked for every single sun textures that you use. Every single preset only has settings which the author use. These might just be vanilla, or they might be a custom one. In all cases its very few values that you need to tweak, and it can always be done from the ingame GUI. (As long as you are not still using one of the really old versions!)

As Aiyen says, the ENB settings for sun glare and the like often need to be adjusted to suit various unique aspects of the user config. You can use any of the sunglare textures if you adjust the ini accordingly (at least that is how it always used to be back in the old days 6 months ago :P )

As Aiyen says' date=' the ENB settings for sun glare and the like often need to be adjusted to suit various unique aspects of the user config. You can use any of the sunglare textures if you adjust the ini accordingly (at least that is how it always used to be back in the old days 6 months ago :P )[/quote']

I'll try it out. I would just go back to the default Climates of Tamriel sun that SKyrealism is made for but I don't really like it. It's too red.

• 7 months later...