13 replies to this topic

#1 DarkNova1811

DarkNova1811

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:32 PM

Hey there,

I've been trying a good few hours to solve this problem and I won't be surprised if it's something simple, I'm pretty new to modding and have searched the forums for help I couldn't really find something but I apologize if I missed something. I've looked for any billboards I'm missing and moved mods around but I don't understand what the problem is I keep getting the error:

[00:00:23.638]    <Error: Could not execute "D:\New folder (3)\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconv.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha  -f DXT1 -bcdither -o "D:\New folder (3)\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees" "D:\New folder (3)\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds">
[00:00:23.710]    [Tamriel] Trees LOD generation error: A call to an OS function failed
[00:00:23.751]    [00:20]  
[00:00:23.751]    [00:20] Exception in unit userscript line 254: [Tamriel] Trees LOD generation error: A call to an OS function failed

I apologize again if its simple or something I overlooked  

Attached Files

#2 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:56 AM

A call to an OS function failed. The OS or antivirus is probably preventing access.

Check what happens if you run the command in a windows command prompt.

"D:\New folder (3)\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconv.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -f DXT1 -bcdither -o "D:\New folder (3)\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees" "D:\New folder (3)\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds"

If that works then DynDOLOD itself maybe blocked, or it might have to the game being installed into "Program Files x86" or MO Organizer into "Desktop" or the "(3)" in the path.

#3 DarkNova1811

DarkNova1811

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:38 AM

After changing some things such as moving DynDOLOD, removing the 3 and putting Mod Organizer in a new location nothing changed and when running the command in a command prompt assuming I did it correctly it came up with this:

C:\Users\Ryan> C:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconv.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha  -f DXT1 -bcdither -o "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees" "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds
'C:\DynDOLOD\Edit' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I also made sure antivirus wasn't affecting it so I'm not too sure what to do or what i may have missed

#4 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:45 AM

The test command is missing the leading and last "

It should be 

"C:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconv.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha  -f DXT1 -bcdither -o "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees" "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds"

Each path needs to quoted separately

Edited by sheson, 07 August 2019 - 05:47 AM.

#5 DarkNova1811

DarkNova1811

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:47 AM

sorry about that I did it with the " and got this:

C:\Users\Ryan>cmd"C:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha  -f DXT1 -bcdither -o "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees" "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds"
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Is this correct or have I done it wrong again, sorry for making this difficult

#6 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:38 AM

This is the command line to copy and paste into the Windows command prompt window:

"C:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconv.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha  -f DXT1 -bcdither -o "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees" "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds"

You have an extraneous cmd that should not be there - assuming that C:\Users\Ryan> is the prompt itself.

#7 DarkNova1811

DarkNova1811

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:46 AM

The command appeared where "Command Prompt" is for a split second then vanished and nothing happened

Attached Files

#8 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:12 AM

That means that command worked without error.

Do you still see the 'A call to an OS function failed" error when running DynDOLOD now with all the updated paths/folders?

#9 DarkNova1811

DarkNova1811

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:49 AM

okay so it made it way further this time but hit another error do i fix it the same way as before?

I tried to re do it again and got the first error from before

Attached Files

Edited by DarkNova1811, 07 August 2019 - 08:55 AM.

#10 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:58 AM

Save C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds
<Error: Could not execute "C:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconv.exe" -nologo -y -f DXT1 -bcdither -o "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD" "C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds">
Exception in unit userscript line 345: System Error.  Code: 2.
The system cannot find the file specified

The "file" the system cannot find is most likely TexConv.exe (otherwise the message would be a long the lines of TexConv returned an error)

It seems that the OS or a third party program like antivirus is still interfering with access.

#11 DarkNova1811

DarkNova1811

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:19 AM

when I ran it again this is the log i got do I run the command again then try to do it after like before?

Attached Files

#12 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:34 AM

The windows command line test verified that TexConv can itself can run without issue and that all the paths are correct. No need to test that again.

The OS, antivir or another 3rd pary program/influence prevents DynDOLOD from executing it. You may want to try to unblock, whitelist, run as admin or disable whatever might be blocking access etc. 

Edited by sheson, 07 August 2019 - 09:35 AM.

#13 DarkNova1811

DarkNova1811

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:51 AM

I've allowed access with windows defender and ran it as admin and nothing changed I might have missed something so i'll keep looking into it

#14 DarkNova1811

DarkNova1811

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:33 AM

Just wanted to update this post I ended up having to reset my pc and when trying to install dynDOLOD I was missing some dlls after sorting that out i got it working and just wanted to thank you for originally trying to help with the first issue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users