Thoughts about gaming laptops

NerdLarry

Hi forum friends. First, I hope this thread is in the right place.

So to my question: I am thinking to buy a gaming laptop and I am leaning towards either ASUS FX504 TUF or HP Omen. Both have similar specs but I am mostly concerned about durability. Does anyone used any of these laptops for a lengthy time and is happy with the quality?

Thanks!

Larry

If it's about the quality, ASUS all the way. Their products are typically of a far better caliber than the more mainstream manufacturers (HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc.).

One thing that I would like to point out is that laptop GPUs tend to be more equivalent to the same model, but from the previous generation. So a GTX 1060 in a laptop would be more equivalent to a GTX 960; not the GTX 1060's desktop counterpart. Just something to keep in mind...

• 1 year later...

Asus is what I tend to look at for Mb and most components (EVGA is not bad either). I avoid HP/Dell and other major "big box" brands. Gigabyte and Acer can have some decent stuff though if the price is right.

PS: I would never put any real $ into a laptop though. They just don't last very long and are not nearly as future proof as comparable desktops. They also cost more part-for-part and generally frustrate the hell out of me.