Skyrim TVDT - Occlusion Culling Data

sheson

xLODGen beta (47 or newer) and DynDOLOD (2.70 or newer) can be used to update or generate TVDT Occlusion culling data on cell records, which is famously wrong for some cells in Tamriel causing rectangular holes in the distant LOD.

Please read the included documentation Skyrim-Occlusion-Readme.txt in the xLODGen archive and the TVDT - Occlusion Data section in Docs/DynDOLOD_Manual.html to learn about TVDT data, how to generate it and the settings.

Mod users / complete load orders

For Skyrim, Skyrim VR and Skyim Special Edition I generally suggest to use DynDOLOD 3/xLODGen to create an Occlusion.esp for the entire load order. Generating the Occlusion.esp is fairly quick with quality 2 and it means not having additional plugins as master in DynDOLOD. The Occlusion.esp is automatically ESL flagged for Skyrim Special Edition. Since DynDOLOD is just the advanced version of xLODGen for tree and object LOD generation, the code to generate the occlusion data and the results are the same. Using DynDOLOD has the advantage that the occlusion is generated automatically with pre-defined settings in the DynDOLOD INI as part of the LOD generation process. Using xLODGen has the advantage of being able to update a separate plugin which only contains the occlusion data and nothing else more quickly and even for a specific worldspace only.

For Enderal it seems more convenient to have DynDOLOD generate the data into the DynDOLOD plugin, so in DynDOLOD it is enabled by default for Enderal only. There are also additional optimizations in DynDOLOD for Enderal that help improve performance in certain locations.

In xLODGen the Occlusion generation is an additional option below the Terrain LOD options. See the included documentation for information about the settings. Once generation is complete, Occlusion.esp is saved to the data folder (or MO mod folder / MO Overwrite folder accordingly). To make sure its updated TVDT data is used, ensure the Occlusion.esp is loaded last so it overwrites any other plugin.

Generate the Occlusion.esp last. So the order would be:

1. Finalize load order
  2. use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD meshes [and textures]
  3. use TexGen/DynDOLOD to generate drastically improved object and tree LOD (uses terrain LOD meshes for object LOD optimization)
  4. use xLODGen to create Occlusion.esp (uses object LOD meshes to determine max height samples)

If the load order changes afterwards and a plugin makes changes to WRLD/CELL records, the entire worldspace should be updated in the Occlusion.esp (unless the new plugin loads after Occlusion.esp of course).

Worldspaces in Occlusion.esp can be updated by simply starting xLODGen with the current Occlusion.esp being last in the load order. Select the desired worldspaces only and generate Occlusion for it. The selected worldspace is removed from Occlusion.esp and then generated completely anew for the new load order. Other worldspaces in the Occlsuion.esp will not be changed.

Mod authors

It is possible to update the TVDT data on CELLs in a single plugin by starting the tool in edit mode.

Generate/Update object LOD first so the object LOD meshes match the current state of the worldspace.
As suggested in the included documentation, generate max height data for all cells with CK beforehand. You are welcome to test the included MHDT generation as well.

Consider defining/updating the Border Region for the worldspace so the +Border filter option can be used.

Either start xLODGen.exe in edit mode with the -edit command line or rename xLODGen.exe to [Gamemode]Edit.exe e.g. TES5Edit.exe

Select loading of plugins as usual. Right click desired plugin in the left tree view, click Other, Generate LOD.

Check Occlusion and verify the text next to it mentions the desired plugin to be updated. Adjust other settings as desired and explained in the included documentation.

For large / multi people projects it is probably better to generate an Occlusion.esp the usual way and merge the TVDT data. Stick to the usual workflow.

As always, mod authors are welcome to direct message me here or on discord for help with their projects.

Read the provided information and in case of questions about occlusion generation, post them in this thread regardless of using xLODGen or DynDOLOD.

• Thanks 2

This looks awesome, thanks for your hard work on it!

I'm having trouble generating TVDT data, and I don't know where to go from here.  I'm doing this for SkyrimVR.  Here's what I've already done:

- generated landscape textures and meshes using xLODGen, install results

- generated TexGen textures, install results

- generate DynDOLOD trees and items (high), install results

I'm trying to generate TVDT data only using xLODGen, and on Tamriel only.  Using default options.  I'm getting this result after I start generation:

[00:00] Generating LOD
[00:00] [Tamriel] Generating Pre-Computed Occlusion TVDT
[00:00] [Tamriel] Land height: -27000, Water height: -14000
[00:00] [Tamriel] LODsettings: Level 4 to 32 stride 256 from -96,-96 to 0,0
[00:00] [Tamriel] Gathering CELL records
[00:00] [Tamriel] Building height map from 11189 cell records
One or more errors occurred
[00:31] Saving: Occlusion.esp
[00:31] Done saving.

I'm attaching the entire log to this post.  Please let me know where I should be looking for the "one or more errors".

Thanks!

TES5VRLODGen_log.7z

Edited by kjack9

I'm having trouble generating TVDT data, and I don't know where to go from here.  I'm doing this for SkyrimVR.  Here's what I've already done:

I'm trying to generate TVDT data only using xLODGen, and on Tamriel only.  Using default options.  I'm getting this result after I start generation:

I'm attaching the entire log to this post.  Please let me know where I should be looking for the "one or more errors".

Thanks!

Replace executable with this xLOdGenx64.exe and see if it tells us more about the error. It hopefully mentions the cell.

Look up the cell in xEdit to find the plugin(s) adding/overwriting it.

Thanks!

Thanks for responding so fast.

Here's the log I get with that exe:

[00:02] Error processing cell [CELL:3CC1A785] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -14,258): Access violation at address 0000000001628A2F in module 'xLODGenx64.exe'. Read of address 00000000964D5F0D
[00:02] Error processing cell [CELL:000111EC] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 58,-35): Access violation at address 0000000001628350 in module 'xLODGenx64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFD08
[00:02] Error processing cell [CELL:0000F216] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -15,-36): Access violation at address 000000000162912E in module 'xLODGenx64.exe'. Write of address 0000000002A2A7ED
[00:02] Error processing cell [CELL:0001128A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 32,-39): Access violation at address 0000000001628350 in module 'xLODGenx64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFB5EDCD0

The rest of the log looks largely the same, but let me know if you want me to upload all of it.

3CC1A785 is part of Anna NPCs only.

000111EC only has records in Skyrim.esm

0000F216 is also in Skyrim.esm, but is being overridden in my setup by Majestic Mountains (only change is adding the "Compressed" flag)

0001128A only has records in Skyrim.esm

Just in case it's helpful, here's my modlist: https://modwat.ch/u/kjack999/plugins

Let me know what other information I can provide to help troubleshoot.  Thanks again!

Thanks for responding so fast.

Here's the log I get with that exe:

[00:02] Error processing cell [CELL:3CC1A785] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -14,258): Access violation at address 0000000001628A2F in module 'xLODGenx64.exe'. Read of address 00000000964D5F0D
[00:02] Error processing cell [CELL:000111EC] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 58,-35): Access violation at address 0000000001628350 in module 'xLODGenx64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFD08
[00:02] Error processing cell [CELL:0000F216] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -15,-36): Access violation at address 000000000162912E in module 'xLODGenx64.exe'. Write of address 0000000002A2A7ED
[00:02] Error processing cell [CELL:0001128A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 32,-39): Access violation at address 0000000001628350 in module 'xLODGenx64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFB5EDCD0

The rest of the log looks largely the same, but let me know if you want me to upload all of it.

3CC1A785 is part of Anna NPCs only.

000111EC only has records in Skyrim.esm

0000F216 is also in Skyrim.esm, but is being overridden in my setup by Majestic Mountains (only change is adding the "Compressed" flag)

0001128A only has records in Skyrim.esm

Just in case it's helpful, here's my modlist: https://modwat.ch/u/kjack999/plugins

Let me know what other information I can provide to help troubleshoot.  Thanks again!

Removing Anna NPCs fixed the issue.  Looks like a corrupted cell at XXC1A785.  The Cell IDs after the first appear to be red herrings - they changed when I ran it again with Anna NPCs still enabled.

I removed the problematic cell from Anna NPCs and the run completes successfully now.  The logging output was really helpful, thank you!

Removing Anna NPCs fixed the issue.  Looks like a corrupted cell at XXC1A785.  The Cell IDs after the first appear to be red herrings - they changed when I ran it again with Anna NPCs still enabled.

I removed the problematic cell from Anna NPCs and the run completes successfully now.  The logging output was really helpful, thank you!

Yes, it is just that cell, a wild edit, being at otherworldly y coordinate of 258. The reason why DynDOLOD complains about the world bounds.

You could actually just remove the cell from the plugin.

xLODGen beta 49 now ignores such cells, so it won't trip over it.

Edited by sheson

Yes, it is just that cell, a wild edit, being at otherworldly y coordinate of 258. The reason why DynDOLOD complains about the world bounds.

You could actually just remove the cell from the plugin.

xLODGen beta 49 now ignores such cells, so it won't trip over it.

Yep, that's what I did and it worked great!  Not the first wild edit that I've stumbled into with Anna NPCs.  Thanks for taking a look at it, and for updating the tool.

Occlusion seems to be enabled by default in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini.

; requires Generate DynDOLOD to be checked
Occlusion=1

Per above,

For Enderal it seems more convenient to have DynDOLOD generate it, so in DynDOLOD it is enabled by default for Enderal only.

I am not using Enderal.

Edited by Zanderat

Ok, tested the utility on my load order. The only error so far is for the LOD meshes within The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, as I tried generating the data for the mod's desert worldspace.

[02:45] [manny_GF_Desert] Generating Pre-Computed Occlusion TVDT
[02:46] [manny_GF_Desert] Land height: -2048, Water height: 0
[02:46] [manny_GF_Desert] LODsettings: Level 4 to 32 stride 32 from 0,0 to 0,0
[02:46] [manny_GF_Desert] Gathering CELL records
[02:46] [manny_GF_Desert] Building height map from 1024 cell records
[02:46] [manny_GF_Desert] Updating height map from terrain LOD meshes
[02:46] [manny_GF_Desert] Updating height map from object LOD meshes
[02:46] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.8.4.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:46] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.4.8.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:46] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.4.12.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:46] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.4.16.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:46] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.4.20.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:46] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.4.24.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.0.12.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.0.16.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.12.4.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.16.4.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.8.12.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.8.16.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.8.20.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.8.24.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.8.28.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.12.20.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.20.4.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.12.12.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.12.16.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.8.8.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.12.24.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.12.28.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.16.20.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.16.12.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.16.16.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.20.16.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.24.16.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.16.28.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.20.20.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.20.12.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.12.8.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.16.24.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.28.16.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.20.28.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.24.20.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.24.12.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.16.8.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.20.24.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.28.20.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.28.12.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.20.8.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.24.24.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.24.8.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.28.24.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.28.8.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] [Occlusion.esp] Adding master "Gray Fox Cowl.esm"
[02:47] [manny_GF_Desert] Calculating occlusion for 906 CELL records. Quality: 2 Adjust: 0 Mode: -Flat +Border

Getting the following error (cant upload the entire log its too big, went with quality 3 / height 0 / Mode: All) in markarth worldspace: https://pastebin.com/x8aTiQ6G

Would i actually benefit from occlusion data in child worlds?

Markarth is not a child world using a parent world for LOD. The Markarth worldspace is a cut down version with basicaly no object references outside the city. There won't be much LOD to occlude. You might just skip over it.

Check the object LOD mesh for that quad loads in NifSkope without problem (it should be fine, I would expect a proper error message if it had issues)

meshes\terrain\markarthworld\objects\markarthworld.4.-44.-3.bto

Ok, tested the utility on my load order. The only error so far is for the LOD meshes within The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, as I tried generating the data for the mod's desert worldspace.

[02:45] [manny_GF_Desert] Generating Pre-Computed Occlusion TVDT
[02:46] [manny_GF_Desert] Land height: -2048, Water height: 0
[02:46] [manny_GF_Desert] LODsettings: Level 4 to 32 stride 32 from 0,0 to 0,0
[02:46] [manny_GF_Desert] Gathering CELL records
[02:46] [manny_GF_Desert] Building height map from 1024 cell records
[02:46] [manny_GF_Desert] Updating height map from terrain LOD meshes
[02:46] [manny_GF_Desert] Updating height map from object LOD meshes
[02:46] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.8.4.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:46] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.4.8.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:46] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.4.12.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:46] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.4.16.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:46] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.4.20.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:46] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.4.24.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.0.12.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.0.16.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.12.4.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.16.4.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.8.12.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.8.16.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.8.20.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.8.24.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.8.28.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.12.20.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.20.4.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.12.12.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.12.16.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.8.8.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.12.24.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.12.28.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.16.20.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.16.12.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.16.16.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.20.16.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.24.16.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.16.28.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.20.20.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.20.12.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.12.8.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.16.24.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.28.16.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.20.28.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.24.20.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.24.12.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.16.8.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.20.24.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.28.20.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.28.12.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.20.8.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.24.24.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.24.8.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.28.24.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] <Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\manny_GF_Desert\objects\manny_GF_Desert.4.28.8.bto": Error reading NIF block 0 NiHeader: Error in "NiHeader\Export Info\Author": Prefixed string size is negative>
[02:47] [Occlusion.esp] Adding master "Gray Fox Cowl.esm"
[02:47] [manny_GF_Desert] Calculating occlusion for 906 CELL records. Quality: 2 Adjust: 0 Mode: -Flat +Border

Object LOD included with the mod was generated with a really old version of LODGen.

As the instructions to generate occlusion suggest, generate object LOD before calculating occlusion.

Edited by sheson